onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Woolwich stabbing/machete attack

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

I notice how willing that PM Cameron is prepared to call it a "terrorist attack".

It took President Obama 2 weeks to call Benghazi as such, and he's still not sure.

It depends what you aim to achieve from using semantics.

Were these two people affiliated to part of a wider organisation? Are they religious/political fundamentalists acting on their own?

Why use a tragic event to slate our country? Should we be like the USA? But they had a bomb the other week? What about other places in Europe? Norway? Oh no, they had a mass shooting by a right wing extremist? What about Saudi Arabia or Iran?

I'd love to know what country we should aspire to be like because I think we live in a great, free prosperous country and should feel exceptionally grateful for it. One maniac killing another person doesn't make us such a terrible country. I'm always amazed at how people who seem to follow more nationalistic politics seem to take any chance to take pot shots at their country.

Human rights,pc,removal of capital punishment,idiotic judges,drug epidemic and deaf politicians.Add all these together and what do you get? Yes 'Broken Britain',a land that I cannot now associate with,as I don't recognise any of its once enviable characteristics,civility and humanity.Unless something drastic is done within the next few years,this country will be a no-go area for decent people.I no longer go to town on a Saturday evening thanks to a Labour party who believed their brainwave of twenty-four hour drinking would create an idyllic Italian type cafe culture,with parents walking their children looking in shop windows and stopping for a coffee or aperitif,before returning home after an enjoyable evening.Our streets and public houses are a disgrace at weekends and NOTHING is done about it,yes nothing .

Human rights,pc,removal of capital punishment,idiotic judges,drug epidemic and deaf politicians.Add all these together and what do you get? Yes 'Broken Britain',a land that I cannot now associate with,as I don't recognise any of its once enviable characteristics,civility and humanity.Unless something drastic is done within the next few years,this country will be a no-go area for decent people.I no longer go to town on a Saturday evening thanks to a Labour party who believed their brainwave of twenty-four hour drinking would create an idyllic Italian type cafe culture,with parents walking their children looking in shop windows and stopping for a coffee or aperitif,before returning home after an enjoyable evening.Our streets and public houses are a disgrace at weekends and NOTHING is done about it,yes nothing .

So where would you prefer to live?

The sad reality there are stabbings and shootings every week in London. This however seems to be publicised as a 'terrorist' attack. I'm already seeming the usual racist remarks on Facebook. Extremism and intolerance is the common enemy here, not any particular group or religion.

Even when the religion preaches violence and segregation?

Further evidence that Islam will never fully assimilate into UK society - And that is NOT a statement against the individual Muslims that do.

Views and opinions please.

Terrible incident .

Can I go slightly off topic but still relate something to possible terrorism ?.

I served in the armed forces between 1980 - 1986.

My home address was in stoke on Trent,and when I was 19 tears old serving in the RAF I got drunk one night in stoke on Trent & got arrested for insulting behaviour which resulted in me being sent to court & prosecuted which resulted in a fine !.

The evening sentinel decided to print the story of my prosecution along with my full rank & address.

This was in the days of IRA terrorist activity in the UK.

To this day I will never buy that comic rag.

THANKS SENTINEL FOR REVEALING A SERVICE MANS NAME ADDRESS & RANK TO EVERYONE INCLUDING ANY POTENTIAL IRA TERRORISTS.

And for the funny side , I pulled a mooney that's what I got done for .

It depends what you aim to achieve from using semantics.

Were these two people affiliated to part of a wider organisation? Are they religious/political fundamentalists acting on their own?

The lines are unclear these days. It is surely not necessary to prove that someone is a fully paid up member of Al Qaeda (I say that somewhat tongue in cheek) for them to be an Islamic terrorist inspired by the same motivation?

The lines are unclear these days. It is surely not necessary to prove that someone is a fully paid up member of Al Qaeda (I say that somewhat tongue in cheek) for them to be an Islamic terrorist inspired by the same motivation?

I agree. Though it gets even more of a grey area if we ask whether heads of state could fall under that description.

Free access to health care, no barbaric third world capital punishment, equality, democracy, freedom of speech, the right to be religious, the right to laugh at those who are religious, massively privileged wealth wise compared to 90% of countries, free press, minimum wage, good universities, the pound, no extreme weather like the USA for example, our culture, arts, life expectancy, the underdog, the vibrancy of cultures, secure compared to most places, low crime rates, clean water, friendly people.

Or we could hark back to a mythological golden age (one which most people who call for it never actually lived in) and allow evil people who hate our country to convince us they are right. But once again where would you rather live?

Why do MPs and Cameron etc. have to 'condemn' attacks like this publicly? Do we assume they condone it if they don't come out with pointless statements?

Because a British citizen has been killed?

terrible incident .

Can i go slightly off topic but still relate something to possible terrorism ?.

I served in the armed forces between 1980 - 1986.

My home address was in stoke on trent,and when i was 19 tears old serving in the raf i got drunk one night in stoke on trent & got arrested for insulting behaviour which resulted in me being sent to court & prosecuted which resulted in a fine !.

The evening sentinel decided to print the story of my prosecution along with my full rank & address.

This was in the days of ira terrorist activity in the uk.

To this day i will never buy that comic rag.

Thanks sentinel for revealing a service mans name address & rank to everyone including any potential ira terrorists.

And for the funny side , i pulled a mooney that's what i got done for .

cheeky!

Even when the religion preaches violence and segregation?

Further evidence that Islam will never fully assimilate into UK society - And that is NOT a statement against the individual Muslims that do.

The religion doesn't, no religion does unless the individual or collaborated group feel the need to twist the core of the faith, any faith to their ideological objectives. Go into any school where the surrounding area is diverse, it works fine. The folk who spout this vile are usually folk who have had no interaction with the group they dislike.

Ironically I spent fifteen minutes talking to the older, grandfather Muslim bloke who lives up the road from me just as I cycled into my road (just before I switched on the news). Generally chatting about families, children, school, weather, etc. Why can't people just get one or at least realise that there are vile people and groups in all walks of life.

Archived