onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Novak on Vale radar?

From today's Sentinel:

PORT Vale could be on the trail of a Championship striker after being linked with a move for Huddersfield Town's Lee Novak.

The out-of-contract front man, aged 24, has rejected a new deal after a four-year spell with the Terriers, where he had become a fans' favourite.

And sources suggest Vale boss Micky Adams could try to tempt him to Burslem.

Geordie Novak found the net six times in 39 games in the second tier last season and has a total of 42 goals in 172 appearances for the club since a £150,000 switch from non-league Gateshead. He netted a double in the Terriers' 4-2 win at Vale Park in the Carling Cup in August, 2011.

The striker, who has also been linked with Birmingham City, was offered a new contract by Town in October.

Read more: http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Micky-Adams-thanks-fans-season-ticket/story-19013741-detail/story.html#ixzz2TWs0n43n

Follow us: @thisisstaffs on Twitter | thisisstaffordshire on Facebook

Advert

From today's Sentinel:

PORT Vale could be on the trail of a Championship striker after being linked with a move for Huddersfield Town's Lee Novak.

The out-of-contract front man, aged 24, has rejected a new deal after a four-year spell with the Terriers, where he had become a fans' favourite.

And sources suggest Vale boss Micky Adams could try to tempt him to Burslem.

Geordie Novak found the net six times in 39 games in the second tier last season and has a total of 42 goals in 172 appearances for the club since a £150,000 switch from non-league Gateshead. He netted a double in the Terriers' 4-2 win at Vale Park in the Carling Cup in August, 2011.

The striker, who has also been linked with Birmingham City, was offered a new contract by Town in October.

Read more: http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Micky-Adams-thanks-fans-season-ticket/story-19013741-detail/story.html#ixzz2TWs0n43n

Follow us: @thisisstaffs on Twitter | thisisstaffordshire on Facebook

Thats not a very good return for a striker is it really...:unsure:

Thats not a very good return for a striker is it really...:unsure:

Of those appearances only 101 were starts - the other 71 are sub appearances and should really be discounted as they could well be two or three minute cameos!

42 goals in 101 starts, some of scored two divisions higher than League Two is not bad in my book. Compare that to Tom Pope who has 38 goals from 88 starts all in League Two, for instance.

I am also sure League One defences would not be as good as Championship ones.

But that said, a lot of these stories are agent-talk to drum up interest in players and have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I live in huddersfield and have watch novak a fair few times when i cant get to vale games, he is a quality striker he can score goals and his all round performance is very good! Very suprised vale are maybe after him, good for vale if true! All the huddersfield fans love him because he never gives up and they sing mucky carpets at him due to his name been no- vak! If true he is a very good player

Of those appearances only 101 were starts - the other 71 are sub appearances and should really be discounted as they could well be two or three minute cameos!

42 goals in 101 starts, some of scored two divisions higher than League Two is not bad in my book. Compare that to Tom Pope who has 38 goals from 88 starts all in League Two, for instance.

I am also sure League One defences would not be as good as Championship ones.

But that said, a lot of these stories are agent-talk to drum up interest in players and have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Haha well when you put it that way mate.

For a long time he played second fiddle to Rhodes - in some games Town would play only one up front or pair Rhodes with a target man like Ofobe.

Supposedly he turned down Huddersfield's contract because he's holding out for more money. I'm not sure he'd get more at Vale but at Town he would be a squad player at best.

from a town season ticket holder I've just e-mailed;

Would be a very good signing, good League 1 player, not quite up to it in the championship. Works his ******** off every game, always 110%, but not a natural goal scorer, sometimes he couldn’t hit a barn door from 5 yards! will chip in with 10-12 goals a season but a fair amount of assists, no great pace and not too good in the air but makes up for that with his will to chase down etc

If Birmingham are linked then you would expect him to sign-ex manager who knows him. Maybe Zigic or King are surplus to requirements

If not I would sign him & play him & Pope

Proven record at this level,good touch,hard worker.

Fit in easily

Great to be linked

If he dies sign , then go for Gary Roberts an ex team mate who is at Swindon too!

Archived