onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jeno as Striker

Emile

In recent years we have seen wingers such as Ronaldo and Bale move from out wide to a central role.

Vincent has also played CF a few times this season.

What are folks thoughts about giving Jeno a try there? His pace could be a real threat up front, and everyone know he doesnt like tracking back / crossing the ball:razz:

Maybe something to have a look at pre season?

Advert

I think once again Micky will try and build a squad where players can fill in for others when needed. Dodds, Vincent, Myrie-Williams, Loft, Jones, Yates, Taylor and Duffy have all been very versatile players and that's about as far as I'd go with Jeno for now. I don't think the lack of space up top would be ideal for his game but he could do a job up there if needed.

Tbh I think he is only a squad player in league one and we need better than him although id defo keep hold of him.

Not sure what signings your expecting but if Jeno is only a squad player they'll be very good players.

I love jeno, and he does have some mean shots, look at Wycombe when he took on a coupl of defenders and smashed the ball... It was defo going top corner as I was standing in the direct spot but was an excellent head away from there defender, I would keep him on the wing now, but I'd defo give him a shot if the worst came to worst in the striker department (injuries or suspension)

We do need another striker. As mentioned above by BV, getting really stuck in is not Jenno's forte and that's important in the lower leagues. Ialso agree with VM87 about Williamson, I'm not sure he is the answer to our problems either

We will have Pope and Hughes as our 'two' strikers next year.

Williamson has scored more goals than Pope per minutes played and his pace will be just as frightening in Lg 1. I hope he stays. He will only improve and I think will fit in well with the ethos of a developmental club that Wildes is trying to build.

We will have Pope and Hughes as our 'two' strikers next year.

Williamson has scored more goals than Pope per minutes played and his pace will be just as frightening in Lg 1. I hope he stays. He will only improve and I think will fit in well with the ethos of a developmental club that Wildes is trying to build.

I don't know how you dare compare 'His Holiness' with Williamson. It's chalk and cheese. Don't lets forget either that Williamson is 24 and not a youngster and remember the saying about 'Old Dogs and new tricks'. I think what you now see is the best that you will get from Ben a reasonable L2 squad player.

Tom goes in where it hurts Ben doesn't. Tom has our most assists to his name Ben hasn't. Tom has scored 33 goals Ben hasn't, do I really need to continue?

With regard to Jennison being played in the middle? We already have the best two strikers in L2 playing there but in the case of injuries etc maybe a good option.

Tbh I think he is only a squad player in league one and we need better than him although id defo keep hold of him.

Not sure what signings your expecting but if Jeno is only a squad player they'll be very good players.

He wasnt good enough for Stevenage in league one.

He wasnt good enough for Stevenage in league one.

Yes, but he says this is the happiest he's ever been at a football club. Playing with freedom and vigour, I reckon he will shine next season!

Archived