onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jeno as Striker

Emile

Advert

Harsh. Very harsh.

I think Ben has had a great season. Hes a real prospect and NO i dont agree he is at his peak. This has been only his 2nd season in professional football.

Smeone must be spiking your weetabix owd because you havent half come out with some dross over the last 6 months!

Only the last 6 months Spunkster? Quite a few of you said the same a few months back when I said that one Tom Pope was well worth his new contract. If I remember correctly you were one of those that disagreed but I didn't call your comments dross did I?

Unlike you I don't believe that Ben is anything special he scored a vital goal at Burton and hit a cracker in the return at Vale Park but would he have had the confidence had the score still been 0-0? This we will never know.

Please don't go crowing about what Ben is going to do next season my young Norwegian rooster. Lets just wait and see and then you can tell me I was wrong when he scores 15+ goals next season!

P.S. Dunna quote the fact that Micky has offered him a 2 year contract because he has dropped a few clangers in the past i.e. Rob Taylor.

Hasn't Mr Pope just had his best-ever season? He's three years older than Williamson and did it! ;)

Popey has been a good target man for us ever since he came to the Vale. Unfortunately Micky often either shoved him on the wide left or playing him behind Marc Richards which was the wrong way round because Tom is 10 times as good as Rico in the air while Marc is better with his feet but Popey is still improving on that score as well.

I don't know how you dare compare 'His Holiness' with Williamson. It's chalk and cheese. Don't lets forget either that Williamson is 24 and not a youngster and remember the saying about 'Old Dogs and new tricks'. I think what you now see is the best that you will get from Ben a reasonable L2 squad player.

Tom goes in where it hurts Ben doesn't. Tom has our most assists to his name Ben hasn't. Tom has scored 33 goals Ben hasn't, do I really need to continue?

That comment about williamson is hands down one of the dumbest things i have ever seen. Pope just had his best goal return in his life, he is an old dog that learned a very important new trick. surely people have learned from his rejuvination that you never write a player off, especially when he is still a couple of years from peaking! 24 is still a learning age in football, and you make it sound like he is over the hill!

ben Williamson brings one thing to the table.... his goals. Tom Pope does and has always brought so much more:

1 He is as brave as a lion and is prepared to go in where it hurts.

2 Tom's work rate is phenomenal and he works and closes defenders down and will even track back to help the defence.

3 Popey has a great record in the assists department not just this season but my frail old brain seems to remember that early In the 2011/12 season while Rico was out Tom was part of the attack that were the highest scorers in league 2 until Rico came back and Popey was forced to move aside position wise.

4 Just have a peep at how many goals a young Tom Pope scored for Crewe in a higher league than L2. You will see that it's a pretty good return for a teenager.

My old man said to me ''If you are good enough you are old enough!''. You know what my old man was on the money.

Time alone will be my judge as to whether my comments are 'dumb'

Apart from the youngsters how can anyone believe that a player not deemed good enough for a regular start in league 2 is good enough for league 1?

If we can afford better bring em on.

You old cynic you. I agree 100% with your comment about wingers too.

Two owd cynics together eh.:rolleyes:

In recent years we have seen wingers such as Ronaldo and Bale move from out wide to a central role.

Vincent has also played CF a few times this season.

What are folks thoughts about giving Jeno a try there? His pace could be a real threat up front, and everyone know he doesnt like tracking back / crossing the ball:razz:

Maybe something to have a look at pre season?

Wouldn't work y'th. Every time he got the ball he'd run sideways to the line!

Archived