onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

(Realistic) potential signings

Edge81

Like ive said before, to bolster our squad in January Micky went for league 1 players in Jones and Hughes. I honestly believe we will be looking at players in the Championship who have been there and done it but are struggling to get a game.

I was thinking this aswell if we have players that have cut the mustard in a higher level the season before they may do the trick in league one especially at the back.

Advert

Ryan Lowe (Mk Dons) experienced forward who knows where the net is

Krisytan Pearce (Notts County) pacey centre back we have been crying out for

Marlon Pack (Cheltenham) has a good eye for a pass and would be a good addition

Jaques Magahoma (Burton) would be a good option to go will JMW on the opposite wing

Jake Wright (Oxford) One of the small amount of CB to have Pope in their back pocket last season

Matt Tubbs (Bournmouth) not getting a sniff at Bournmouth and knows whe the goals is

Some of those would be cracking signings. Jaques Magahoma and JMW would be dangerous on the wings. This was uploaded in 2009

quality there and surely micky would gain better out of him than Burton have.

Richard Wood won't be offered a contract by Coventry: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22353909

Also a couple mentioned Steven Schumacher....seems he is likely to be available: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22341430

I don't know much about Coventry's ability however even looking at players like this could even be a start as we look to strengthen, we need players with experiances at the higher levels.

It's only speculation but given that 5 have been released there is squad places for two defenders plus two mids and a striker.....

Krystian Pearce hasn't been offered a contract and Lee Collins would love to return which would be a quality and very quick centre back partnership then for midfield top of the list Marlon "wants to play higher" Pack and Jacques Maghoma plus Liam Dickinson.

....................Neal................

Duffy....Pearce...Collins...Jones

JMW....Morsy...Pack...Maghoma

.............Pope...Dickinson........

2nd 11 looks an experienced set of players for a strong squad....

.....................Johnson................

Yates...McCoombe....Chilvers...Loft

Shuker....Birchall...Dodds...Vincent

.............Hughes....Williamson......

Plus Davis & Lloyd and the first year professionals.

Perhaps none of the five mentioned will get signed but it gives an idea of the possibilities with an increased playing budget

that while the retained list keeps a strong squad in terms of depth and spirit the new signings can and will be significant in

terms of the first team.

It's only speculation but given that 5 have been released there is squad places for two defenders plus two mids and a striker.....

Krystian Pearce hasn't been offered a contract and Lee Collins would love to return which would be a quality and very quick centre back partnership then for midfield top of the list Marlon "wants to play higher" Pack and Jacques Maghoma plus Liam Dickinson.

....................Neal................

Duffy....Pearce...Collins...Jones

JMW....Morsy...Pack...Maghoma

.............Pope...Dickinson........

2nd 11 looks an experienced set of players for a strong squad....

.....................Johnson................

Yates...McCoombe....Chilvers...Loft

Shuker....Birchall...Dodds...Vincent

.............Hughes....Williamson......

Plus Davis & Lloyd and the first year professionals.

Perhaps none of the five mentioned will get signed but it gives an idea of the possibilities with an increased playing budget

that while the retained list keeps a strong squad in terms of depth and spirit the new signings can and will be significant in

terms of the first team.

You'd play Dickinson over Hughes?

Collins struggled to get into a relegation Barnsley side, if we're looking at lower champ players why settle for a league 2 at best defender? He ball watches too much. Micky could of got him before but he chose not so stop living in your Fifa 13.

Same with morsy not good enough quality for league 2, did you watch the Wycombe match? I think he's only been offered to make sure we get a fee if someone god knows who would try and get him.

Ill tell ya now Lofty will start next year he's mickys star man, his engine is fantastic with a Adams pre season, same with Birchall after a pre season.

I think we need a few players to im

In fact throwing this out there but I think Hughes, Jones and Chilvers will improve even more so after Adams pre season, I'm sure he will want them double as fit in league 1.

I for one am looking forward to us getting promoted. I just hope we can get Grif as he's a superb ball winner at these levels.

In fact throwing this out there but I think Hughes, Jones and Chilvers will improve even more so after Adams pre season, I'm sure he will want them double as fit in league 1.

I for one am looking forward to us getting promoted. I just hope we can get Grif as he's a superb ball winner at these levels.

On last years performances Griff isnt a superb ball winner at league 1.

You'd play Dickinson over Hughes?

Can Hughes play twice a week and can Hughes play 90 minutes regularly was the thinking and the question is however can Dickinson get back to being a top league 1 striker fully fit with pace and power....see Hughes as a key player but not an ever present in the side over the season....as somebody said Hughes would be a great late substitute against tired defenders when mistakes are made and an experienced Hughes watching from the bench will know just where to strike....having said that Hughes would expect to start many games and play an hour and Williamson has the caped crusader super sub mantle.

The selection was motivated by the thought of wingers sending in good crosses into Pope (6'3") and Dickinson (6'4") and

also impart to put emphasis on the level of experience amongst the back up squad players in the reserves and the thought that

five real quality new first team players could be signed considering the five players released and the higher playing budget.

Once again it is not so much the names as the very nice thought that there are five squad places and a higher budget and that Adams could sign five quality players who should go straight into the first team and greatly improve us....so two defenders hopefully centre backs with pace....a midfield playmaker and a winger along with another striker which depending on fitness could well be Dickinson.

Gotta say it but without Grif we'd be in the play offs.

You cant say that. Hes done well but whats saying that Morsy or someone else wouldnt have stepped in and done just as well? Its like saying without Darren Purse we would be in the play offs.

Archived