onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Final Home game v Northampton - Season 2012/13

ollyandpatch

I'm going this game. I shouldn't be but I am. 3 months ago I booked a holiday. 2 weeks later I woke up in the middle of the night panicking about how my holiday clashed with Vales fixtures. To my horror I fly out on the Northampton game and fly back on the Wycombe one. What an idiot.

Anyone, no way am I missing Vale's last home game of the season, especially as we could clinch our first promotion in 20 years! So... I've booked myself a new flight for the Sunday. The Mrs still flies on sat, on her own, and I meet her on the Sunday. She's not happy. Still, she won't divorce me...I think.

Brilliant!

Advert

Who is CapnPimp?? Paul Wildes wants to give him a signed shirt at the game. Paul Wildes > @psmith2812 @OfficialPVFC Amazing dedication from CapnPimp need his real name to present him with a signed shirt before the game #greatfans

#flattered LOL

PM sent Paul (havent't figured out twitter yet!)

See you next week fellas!

Maybe we're on the same flight?

Leave Brisbane midday Thursday (Oz time) for Singapore; Singapore to Abu Dhabi; Abu Dhabi to Manchester; Arrive Manchester 7am Friday

Plate of oatcakes n'chayz. Few pints of Bass in a straight glass; Vale win on Sat; promotion party (fingers crossed)

Leave Manchester Sunday night; arrive Brisbane Tuesday morning (Oz time); back at work Tuesday morning.

54 hour trip but worth every minute - hopefully!

I have to doff my cap to you, Cap'n!

I shall be travelling the mere 4,624 miles from Grapevine, Texas to the town of my birth, Boslem.

I've been a Vale fan since my first experience on Boxing Day 1955 when we were in the old Div. 2. I witnessed the first promotion from Div. 4 in 1960 and then had to wait until 1993 to go to Wembley (twice) and 1994 to see the lads back in Div. 2. Promotions for the Vale come almost as rarely as Halley's Comet.

I had been anticipating this trip all season but never thought it would almost come to the wire in the way it has.

I aim to fly into Heathrow with the missus on Friday, stay for a week with our best friends and leave for London to take in the Wycombe game the day before we fly back to sunny Texas. Please, God, no playoffs.

I'm going this game. I shouldn't be but I am. 3 months ago I booked a holiday. 2 weeks later I woke up in the middle of the night panicking about how my holiday clashed with Vales fixtures. To my horror I fly out on the Northampton game and fly back on the Wycombe one. What an idiot.

Anyone, no way am I missing Vale's last home game of the season, especially as we could clinch our first promotion in 20 years! So... I've booked myself a new flight for the Sunday. The Mrs still flies on sat, on her own, and I meet her on the Sunday. She's not happy. Still, she won't divorce me...I think.

She probably won't forget it, but you would definitely never forget it if you went on holidays and Vale won promotion in front of what could be the club's, and possibly League Two's biggest crowd of the season, not to mention a massive day out at Adams Park. Good for you. :)

I have to doff my cap to you, Cap'n!

I shall be travelling the mere 4,624 miles from Grapevine, Texas to the town of my birth, Boslem.

I've been a Vale fan since my first experience on Boxing Day 1955 when we were in the old Div. 2. I witnessed the first promotion from Div. 4 in 1960 and then had to wait until 1993 to go to Wembley (twice) and 1994 to see the lads back in Div. 2. Promotions for the Vale come almost as rarely as Halley's Comet.

I had been anticipating this trip all season but never thought it would almost come to the wire in the way it has.

I aim to fly into Heathrow with the missus on Friday, stay for a week with our best friends and leave for London to take in the Wycombe game the day before we fly back to sunny Texas. Please, God, no playoffs.

TONE. Make sure have got tickets, they could have a sell out if the Burton game is owt to go by.

You wont regret it George. When we played Bristol Rovers in the play off final i was on holiday after not missing a game all season even the two play off games against Preston. I was gutted that i couldn't be there and i didn't find out the result until the day after due to problems at the local exchange ( pre- mobile era ).

#flattered LOL

PM sent Paul (havent't figured out twitter yet!)

See you next week fellas!

I find this effort to get to a match amazing TBH, are we SURE this ain't a wind up!? :D I'm coming over for the match too, 51 miles from Sheffield, can I have a shirt too plz Mr Wildes!?..... :D:yes:

its a pitty we cant put home fans in a section of the away end northampton wont fill it. i was thinking why couldnt we make access to the stand from the paddock so you walk infront of the police control box, block it off behind for catering etc and put covers over seats to keep home fans and away fans apart.

If I was the owner I'd charge a quid for this match. Yes, we may not make any money, but imagine if we go up with a full house, combined with the Burton experience. It could have an amazing effect on ST sales.

True, but couldn't we also get a full house by charging a tenner!

Archived