onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ukip

For Us All

Personally whilst I don't support UKIP (but have some sympathy for wanting to get better control on immigration) I think it's great that for the first time in many years there is some real debate going on, some radical ideas and things getting shaken up, that people feel engaged in what's happening and the main parties feel that they cannot take their voters for granted. It may well lead to a 'messy' hung parliament but that does not have to be a bad thing and some of those radical ideas might actually happen to maintain a coalition..the devil will be in the detail of that.

Get out there and learn what the party's are proposing and vote!!!!

I couldnt agree more.

Advert

I know they won't, if they get 5-8% of the public vote (that's voters that vote not 5-8% of those eligible) then I think they will have done well as they will be unmasked by many when people look into their 'policies' and people will always land of the side pf caution at the last moment.

Just trying to bring some light to a dark debate :)

Whats dark about it?

Thats just your perception I think. Heavy at times perhaps but not dark, there are a lot of scare tactics being used because a lot of politicans are afraid of losing their seats.

The most extreme elements in UKIP are being exaggerated. Meanwhile Labour are saying as little as possible in the hope that by doing nothing they wont make any mistakes and the Tories are over compensating by promising more than they can deliver. Libdems are dead in the water at the moment and I personally feel that a change of leader is their only hope.

We live in interesting times.

Personally whilst I don't support UKIP (but have some sympathy for wanting to get better control on immigration) I think it's great that for the first time in many years there is some real debate going on, some radical ideas and things getting shaken up, that people feel engaged in what's happening and the main parties feel that they cannot take their voters for granted. It may well lead to a 'messy' hung parliament but that does not have to be a bad thing and some of those radical ideas might actually happen to maintain a coalition..the devil will be in the detail of that.

Get out there and learn what the party's are proposing and vote!!!!

My sentiments exactly. And if people decide not to vote then I say to them don't moan if you get what you didn't want.

Whats dark about it?

Thats just your perception I think. Heavy at times perhaps but not dark, there are a lot of scare tactics being used because a lot of politicans are afraid of losing their seats.

The most extreme elements in UKIP are being exaggerated. Meanwhile Labour are saying as little as possible in the hope that by doing nothing they wont make any mistakes and the Tories are over compensating by promising more than they can deliver. Libdems are dead in the water at the moment and I personally feel that a change of leader is their only hope.

We live in interesting times.

Farage will deliver in the proposed tv debates and people will then have a clearer picture of how effective UKIP can be.

I know they won't, if they get 5-8% of the public vote (that's voters that vote not 5-8% of those eligible) then I think they will have done well as they will be unmasked by many when people look into their 'policies' and people will always land of the side pf caution at the last moment.

Just trying to bring some light to a dark debate :)

So you are saying on one hand you don't know their policies, and would like to know what they are, and now on the flip side you state (as above) that when people look into their policies they will defer?

Makes a lot of sense that :doh:

Well here's my prediction- when everything comes out in the open and people locally are better informed I firmly believe UKIP can take the Stoke on Trent North seat-you heard it here first.

They may well push Labour close but I believe that when people get into the polling booth too many Labour supporters considering a UKIP vote will revert to type and **** the Labour box..they may want to protest but ultimately they want a Labour MP and won't rely on others to keep Labour's vote strong

Plus don't forget a significant number of immigrants (1st 2nd 3rd gen) in that area and they'll never vote UKIP..some 15% not white and obviously there are white immigrants too

Elections of the 2010s[edit]General Election 2010: Stoke-on-Trent North

Party Candidate Votes % ±%

Labour Joan Walley 17,815 44.3 -11.5

Conservative Andy Large 9,580 23.8 +6.0

Liberal Democrat John Fisher 7,120 17.7 +4.2

BNP Melanie Baddeley 3,196 8.0 +2.0

UKIP Geoff Locke 2,485 6.2 +2.1

Majority 8,235 20.5

Turnout 40,196 55.8 +4.9

Labour hold Swing -8.8

On the surface a surprisingly high Conservative vote and I wonder where (if anywhere) the BNP vote will go..8% is significant and expect the Lib Dem vote to collapse.

Except deliberately not voting can be a statement on the candidates available..as opposed to not bothering to vote..subtle difference

Probably explains why no one bothered to vote in the Stoke on Trent North constituency- because its same old labour same old Joan Walley same old wasted monies

Thankfully now people will realise there is a choice.

They may well push Labour close but I believe that when people get into the polling booth too many Labour supporters considering a UKIP vote will revert to type and **** the Labour box..they may want to protest but ultimately they want a Labour MP and won't rely on others to keep Labour's vote strong

Plus don't forget a significant number of immigrants (1st 2nd 3rd gen) in that area and they'll never vote UKIP..some 15% not white and obviously there are white immigrants too

Elections of the 2010s[edit]General Election 2010: Stoke-on-Trent North

Party Candidate Votes % ±%

Labour Joan Walley 17,815 44.3 -11.5

Conservative Andy Large 9,580 23.8 +6.0

Liberal Democrat John Fisher 7,120 17.7 +4.2

BNP Melanie Baddeley 3,196 8.0 +2.0

UKIP Geoff Locke 2,485 6.2 +2.1

Majority 8,235 20.5

Turnout 40,196 55.8 +4.9

Labour hold Swing -8.8

On the surface a surprisingly high Conservative vote and I wonder where (if anywhere) the BNP vote will go..8% is significant and expect the Lib Dem vote to collapse.

And a disappointing low turnout-no indication of how things will transpire in 2015- and the majority of people are waking up at long long last.

Archived