onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ukip

For Us All

Advert

I think you are reading way too much into UKIPS aims. The policies arent whats important its what effect they can have on the party that does win and their aims are twofold

1) Exit from the EU and

2) Controlled immigration until 1 is achieved

Everything else is irrelevant to be honest because as you say they cant influence any other issues at local or national level anyway.

Whose to say if UKIP can grow into a serious alternative, if they do it will take time. For now I just want them to keep putting pressure on the liblabcon by taking votes off them at every opportunity until we get a referendum on EU membership. Then as I have said before I will be perfectly happy whatever the outcome because i will have had my chance to vote on it.

They were a serious alternative in European elections, and people overwhelmingly voted for them, so what difference does a general election make?

Expect UKIP to be seriously challenging for at least 60 seats next May.

You're not really bothered by two men kissing are you?

I speak as an individual and not for any political party on this matter and I say if they want to do that kind of thing then do it in their own time and private venue. And you can quote me on that.

I speak as an individual and not for any political party on this matter and I say if they want to do that kind of thing then do it in their own time and private venue. And you can quote me on that.

To add to the record, you don't mind a man and a woman kissing in front of you?

Different electoral system for a start.

In respect of constituency yes you are correct. But what makes you think that those that supported UKIP then are going to vote alternatively now. If anything, I would say political events during the last few months has made UKIP's position even stronger.

In respect of constituency yes you are correct. But what makes you think that those that supported UKIP then are going to vote alternatively now. If anything, I would say political events during the last few months has made UKIP's position even stronger.

Even if everyone who voted UKIP in the European elections did so again in a general election, it still does not mean they would necessarily win many seats under a First Past The Post system. Look at the Lib Dems general election record for an example of that.

What about in other people's time - this UKIP MEP may want same-sex snog breaks at work.:ohmy:

More seriously, private venues only ? One of the main demands of gay rights is equality to kiss in public, are you saying you are against this ?:shifty:

I must add that regardless of anything to do with his private life, that Scottish UKIP MEP bears an uncanny resemblance to a younger version of the Rev. Ian Paisley, another well known supporter of gay people.:blink:

Why should a party campaigning to get out of the EU and stop immigration need to have a position about gays?

As some of their former members who have been kicked out have had views that were slightly less tolerant than an Iranian ayatollah, I would say we do need to know their thoughts and policies on every kind of equality, not just for gay people. Every other political party and its leaders are ok with telling us, so I'm sure UKIP wont have a problem with this.

Archived