onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How safe are your savings?

For Us All

Advert

Probably..which would be bad all round

And rightly so

Well that's not true, Starbucks changed what they do so they haven't carried on regardless and what they do is legal if unethical. The loopholes need to be closed and directors etc incentivised to see tax avoidance as not being good for the business/shareholders

The people have the power..withdraw custom form coMnpanies that do this and they will ave to change their ways..consumerism at its best

Where's that ignore button?

Call me cynical if you want but we seem to be in a corrupt system,I've no confidence any more in our institutions.

my dear old dad who never swore came out with this saying when the non-contributary pension fund where he worked was milked by those in senior positions leaving non for the other staff,,,,,,,,,,,, SELF LOOK AFTER THYSELF SAYETH HIM MYSELF. he was not a happy bunny believe you me.

My savings are fine, I leave them stuffed under my mattress when I go out and they are there when I come back.

I remember a quite a few years back, when I was posted out to Cyprus talking to my Cypriot work mates about them joining the EU. They were all for it, as “It would give them a place on the world stage, stable economy, grants from the EU and stop Turkey invading again” I did ask what they would bring to the EU as we already had plenty of olives, cheese, crap wine and cheap holiday destinations.

I did warn them that they were potentially getting involved in something that could ruin their country. It looks like it probably already has.

you lucky bugger having a pound to save.;)

sound as a pound not sound with a pound...... the pound has dropped like a lead balloon.... a few years ago the pound was worth 80Bht...... this week it had dropped to 41Bht.... so the pound is only worth 50p in comparison...... OK for exports [which we have very few of] but cack for imports [we we have many of].... thats why money has to work, just like a spanner in a mechanics tool box, its earning nothing until its used.

sound as a pound not sound with a pound...... the pound has dropped like a lead balloon.... a few years ago the pound was worth 80Bht...... this week it had dropped to 41Bht.... so the pound is only worth 50p in comparison...... OK for exports [which we have very few of] but cack for imports [we we have many of].... thats why money has to work, just like a spanner in a mechanics tool box, its earning nothing until its used.

So if you've got any money in the UK now is the time to take it to Thailand, sit it in the bank, when the pound rebounds against the Bht ship it back to the UK....easy way to make yourself a few bob:D.

So if you've got any money in the UK now is the time to take it to Thailand, sit it in the bank, when the pound rebounds against the Bht ship it back to the UK....easy way to make yourself a few bob:D.

Thats a hell of a good way to lose money.... you cant put £s into a Thai bank, only Bht... so £1 in the bank will be 41Bht when the £ gets stronger say 60Bht you will need 60Bht to buy back the £..... I purchased a few when the exchange rate was 80Bht = £1 and sold them on when it fell to 60Bht = £1 which was a decent return but that was before the bubble burst.

Thats a hell of a good way to lose money.... you cant put £s into a Thai bank, only Bht... so £1 in the bank will be 41Bht when the £ gets stronger say 60Bht you will need 60Bht to buy back the £..... I purchased a few when the exchange rate was 80Bht = £1 and sold them on when it fell to 60Bht = £1 which was a decent return but that was before the bubble burst.

Yes I realised I'd got it the wrong way around after I posted.....too much red wine!! Had a similar situation with the US $ around 2008 but I didn't take advantage of it.

Archived