onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 0 Morecombe 1 - Post Match Comments inc pitch comments

sacavsworld

He made a fantastic save with one of our players (not sure of the players might have been williams) in a one on one situation. Every corner he made himself known and often took the ball. killed anything that looked like it would build into something and kept his defense in check

I must have fallen asleep when that happened.

Advert

Complete *****. We could have won that game easily with a little more luck and we had a real off day too.

What else could Adams have done really?

They came to our place for a point and attempted (and succeeded) in intimidating us from the first minute, basically kicking willianm and vincent off the park. After 30 minutes, both wingers were watching their players more than the ball, waiting for the foul.

Vale have been good enough this season to have earned an off day or two.

Picked a team and made substitutions that werent completely predictable? I felt it was basically 9 v 10 in there favour as our wingers just weren't interested.

im sure its been said before but micky has to pick either pope or hughes as its working against the teams performance! we are playing a lot of long ball for a pope flick on instead of the nicer stuff we played earlier in the season and its just not happening! i think both would score for fun with either williamson or dodds along side them.

I must have fallen asleep when that happened.

Keeper made a very good save from Jones. That was one of the hardest shots I have seen since starting to watch pro football in 1976. A smaller keeper would have been going in to the net with the ball.

Keeper made a very good save from Jones. That was one of the hardest shots I have seen since starting to watch pro football in 1976. A smaller keeper would have been going in to the net with the ball.

However, it was straight at him and he punched it into "the danger zone". Assuming we are referring to the same incident. I suspect we are, given we didn't test Roche that much.

Cheshire - the number of opportunities that didn't quite fall our way is why Hughes not Williamson should have still been on the pitch.

Hughes is a goal poacher who anticipates where the ball is going to fall - Williamson doesn't.

If you are a goal down you should never take off a goal scorer.

I hear Cullo say Doddsy isn't fit (so why is he on the bench) and it should definitely have been Dodds to come on not Andrew for exactly the same reason ... Dodds is a finisher Andrew isn't - a la Barnet last week.

Cheshire - the number of opportunities that didn't quite fall our way is why Hughes not Williamson should have still been on the pitch.

Hughes is a goal poacher who anticipates where the ball is going to fall - Williamson doesn't.

I hear Cullo say Doddsy isn't fit (so why is he on the bench) and it should definitely have been Dodds to come on not Andrew for exactly the same reason ... Dodds is a finisher Andrew isn't - a la Barnet last week.

I agree when chasing a game you do not take your goalscorers off, I'm sure Hughes would have got on the end of one of those crosses towards the end. I still would have brought Williamson on though, just not for Hughes, an unfit Dodds would contribute more than Andrew.

I'm with you on this one Davo.

I said it at Barnet and il say it today: Wingers need buck up their ideas, MA needs Taylor, Birchall or Williamson on for them, not Andrew if theyre having mares. When losing were better putting Dodds on in the centre instead of Shuker, tbh we miss Dodds a lot. Hughes is a predator, hes scores important goals, he gets in the right places, an unfit Hughes will still poach you late goals so why take him off? he never took Richards off when he had bad games for the exact same reason, so why do it with Hughes?

Good points; Loft had his first good game for a while that I've seen, Burge continues to impress, Duffy did well at centre half as did Purse. Jones was MOTM for me.

Bad bits, wingers went missing completely, Tom didn't look confident with the few chances he got, Neal had his first ever substandard game in a Vale shirt.

Unlike Adams on the radio, I thought it was a half decent performance. I'd also agree that Morecambe did do a "job" on us. Came for a draw with the hope of scoring a sneaky one - sneaked one in and kept it tight throughout. If the wingers don't turn up Burge and Loft can play as well as they like but it's going to be a struggle.

I'd have a look at Birchall or Taylor for Vincent at the moment. JMW had an off day and is inconsistent (as is Taylor btw) but Vincent has been consistently poor for a while and needs a spell on the sidelines.

Loft had a good game? He was the shocking all match and should of been taking off. What game were you watching?

Archived