onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 0 Morecombe 1 - Post Match Comments inc pitch comments

sacavsworld

Advert

Cheshire - the number of opportunities that didn't quite fall our way is why Hughes not Williamson should have still been on the pitch.

Hughes is a goal poacher who anticipates where the ball is going to fall - Williamson doesn't.

If you are a goal down you should never take off a goal scorer.

I hear Cullo say Doddsy isn't fit (so why is he on the bench) and it should definitely have been Dodds to come on not Andrew for exactly the same reason ... Dodds is a finisher Andrew isn't - a la Barnet last week.

spot on. I honestly think that if hughes had stayed on we would have poached a goal with all the scrambles we had in the box in the last 15 mind or so.

spot on. I honestly think that if hughes had stayed on we would have poached a goal with all the scrambles we had in the box in the last 15 mind or so.

Only one problem with that JJJ,Hughes hasn't played a full 90 mins since he came and I'm willing to bet he won't if we are either winning ,drawing or losing.So how about how I suggested ,keep him on the bench and use him for the last 30 mins?.

Only one problem with that JJJ,Hughes hasn't played a full 90 mins since he came and I'm willing to bet he won't if we are either winning ,drawing or losing.So how about how I suggested ,keep him on the bench and use him for the last 30 mins?.

I can't imagine Hughes being an impact sub like Williamson, for me Hughes has to start, otherwise it's a pointless signing, he was better than pope yesterday.

I can't imagine Hughes being an impact sub like Williamson, for me Hughes has to start, otherwise it's a pointless signing, he was better than pope yesterday.

Valiant 593, the point I was making in response to JJJ's comments was Hughes will never play a full 90 mins so was showing an alternative.What team would you pick at Torquay? Would you leave Popey out? Or go with the same team? Or at least the same 4-4-2 setup.?

Don't talk wet, Hughes was awful yesterday, can't remember him touching the ball bar hitting.the scoreboard with a shot . Pope had no service and still managed two shots on target. The main issues were Vincent and myrie Williams, when they play badly we are garbage, when they play well we win.

Surely, everyone can see that Pope is a different player when Hughes isn't on the pitch. He becomes pivotal, collecting the ball, laying it off with some superb passes out wide and getting on the end of things too. I can see signs of his confidence going and therefore trying to force things that he would recently have taken casually.

We had a fairly settled winning team. Unfortunately, I doubt MA will be prepared to go back to that.

You can't drop Pope. Play Dodds or Williamson instead of Hughes.

Surely, everyone can see that Pope is a different player when Hughes isn't on the pitch. He becomes pivotal, collecting the ball, laying it off with some superb passes out wide and getting on the end of things too. I can see signs of his confidence going and therefore trying to force things that he would recently have taken casually.

We had a fairly settled winning team. Unfortunately, I doubt MA will be prepared to go back to that.

You can't drop Pope. Play Dodds or Williamson instead of Hughes.

On the money there tonyh.Tom looks too eager,offside loads more than normal.On his own up front he looks a different player,more mobile and taking the lead role.

Pitches last 40-45 years max, ours has been there since for 60 odd.

Cullerton has just been going on about how it needs replacing as it's hindering us.

I'm sure the pitch was relaid about 13 - 15 years ago - there were furrows between strips of turf across the pitch every 10 yards that took most of the season to disappear.

I'm sure the pitch was relaid about 13 - 15 years ago - there were furrows between strips of turf across the pitch every 10 yards that took most of the season to disappear.

You may be right LV.The drainage is and always will be the problem.Not sure how you get around that one.

We were always going to lose a game and have a bad run, so we have to get back to winning ways on saturday or our little bad patch could see the chasing pack well and truely behind us. weve got some tough games like burton, cheltenham, southend all at home, chesterfield, wycombe, rochdale away. I daren't think if we manage to mess this up but there's always a side who ****s up from being in the top two all season. Lets make sure this doesn't happen. We've got 14 huge games coming up and we've got to want to win these games, myrie Williams, Vincent just didn't look up for this yesterday and they've got to get their act together or drop them it's as simple as that!!!

The pitch is in very poor condition, it's like a bog and the ball doesn't bounce hardly it's like a pudding.

When your top of the league it would be nice to be playing on a good solid surface most weeks and it would benefit us much much more than the likes if morecambe, which for the game they played the pitch helped them massively.

Archived