onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players: Must take some blame

MattW

He had a couple of good games at the beginning of his Vale career but can somebody please explain why Gary Roberts is so rated by most Vale fans?

Forgetting about his off-field problems, on the pitch he spends far too much of it out of the game. The fact that he can hit one accurate 40 yard ball every ten attempts should not make him invaluable. And his set-pieces are woeful.

Advert

He had a couple of good games at the beginning of his Vale career but can somebody please explain why Gary Roberts is so rated by most Vale fans?

Forgetting about his off-field problems, on the pitch he spends far too much of it out of the game. The fact that he can hit one accurate 40 yard ball every ten attempts should not make him invaluable. And his set-pieces are woeful.

he is overrated by some but as far as his passing long balls there is so little movement off the ball sometimes he has no other option maybe .he worked hard for the team today without question.

he is overrated by some but as far as his passing long balls there is so little movement off the ball sometimes he has no other option maybe .he worked hard for the team today without question.

It's just I've seen a few people on here insist that he's the best player outside the Championship, but in the dozen games I've seen this season I just don't see it.

I much prefer Doug Loft out the two.

Agree had a good game and worked very hard!hard to find a pass in this team when noone ever finds any space!

It's just I've seen a few people on here insist that he's the best player outside the Championship, but in the dozen games I've seen this season I just don't see it.

I much prefer Doug Loft out the two.

Im afraid at the moment he is no where near championship level but it would be interesting to see him in a better team.

As far as his off field problems he managed to last the season with out getting sacked which is a success on a personal note for him.

Im afraid at the moment he is no where near championship level but it would be interesting to see him in a better team.

As far as his off field problems he managed to last the season with out getting sacked which is a success on a personal note for him.

It seems he needs a disciplinarian like Micky Adams to watch over him all the time. But when the **** is he going to grow up? He's a Dad for crying out loud, and he's not 16 anymore.

If he screws up at Vale he'll end up playing Sunday league football.

We were poor today and have struggled to score goals all season, but with the right man in charge and 3-4 better players there is no reason why this team can't improve next year.

Defensively we aren't too bad, despite giving soft goals away lately.

It is in midfield and up front where we don't have the right balance.

Rigg, for me, is worthy of another chance. He's scored, what, 5 goals this season and has barely played since January. He has quick feet and runs off the ball intelligently. I can't understand why he hasn't been used more. With him and Loft in the team we are a lot more energetic as they link the play quite well at times.

I think Dodds and Haldane might need a move for them as much as us. K Taylor also.

Up front we have two similar players. Neither are tall or strong enough to win many headers and neither are fast enough to run the channels. They did well earlier on, I know that, but we badly need a nippy striker who can get behind defences and run on to through balls. I think that combination needs looking at.

Lets face it the players we have are simply not good enough.

Apart from Marc Richards i dont think we have paid a fee for any of the remaining squad.

Lets face it if you rely on free transfers and loan players you are always going to have inconsistant average players.

If V2001 stay in power this is all we are going to get.

I've heard (from an excellent source) that the players have "given up". Perhaps they also are sick of the current set up and want Mo and his team in, especially the more senior players.

They will think that there will be better contracts on offer as they know there is no money in the pot so I can believe that ===

Archived