onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players: Must take some blame

MattW

For the majority of this season the fans have been wholly behind the players, bar a number (Geoghan) but in recent weeks they simple have not turned up.

Marc Richards, Gary Roberts, Lee Collins, Rob Taylor, Justin Richards.

A number of players were in the last 5-6 games simple haven't earned their money.

Rigg has done more in the last two games than the rest of the squad.

Disappointed isnt the word!!!

BRATT/BOARD OUT NOW!

Advert

I think you are right in part.

I wonder if MR was fit today? I thought his display was as bad as it gets. JR was as bad and can be knocked over with a feather.

Collins was fabulous until 6 months ago and ever since looks mediocre at best.

Dodds was off the pace today but didn't really seem to know where he was playing.

I thought GR was a bit better today. But as you say Rigg was good. And it's only because - like Loft - he runs into space and has lots of energy. The others are static.

The players did let themselves down today. Only Griffith and Rigg, for me, played well. That isn't good enough. We need 8-9 firing on all cylinders.

I don't want him as manager but I thought Grew's comments afterwards were fair enough. We didn't want it enough. Very disappointing.

For the majority of this season the fans have been wholly behind the players, bar a number (Geoghan) but in recent weeks they simple have not turned up.

Marc Richards, Gary Roberts, Lee Collins, Rob Taylor, Justin Richards.

A number of players were in the last 5-6 games simple haven't earned their money.

Rigg has done more in the last two games than the rest of the squad.

Disappointed isnt the word!!!

BRATT/BOARD OUT NOW!

The players that performed so well under MA and felt wanted simply have an excuse now to basically do what they want and get away with it because of the unrest. The players 1st and foremost must take the blame but they need your support.....Footballers are a fickle bunch.

The fans have stuck behind the players? Have they ********. Almost as cringe worthy as the Stockport fans chanting Gannon's name all game was the idiot who gave every player stick as they left the pitch.

Some of our fans are chavy little *****s.

The Gannon excuse has worn very thin now.

The players aren't bothered or good enough and Grew hasn't got a clue.

Some of those players want to think long and hard about their performances today. Do they think they'll get offered contracts by other clubs? I don't think so! Some of them will be lucky to remain in football at all.

The Gannon excuse has worn very thin now.

The players aren't bothered or good enough and Grew hasn't got a clue.

Some of those players want to think long and hard about their performances today. Do they think they'll get offered contracts by other clubs? I don't think so! Some of them will be lucky to remain in football at all.

Which ones dont you think have a future here at Vale?

I said a few weeks ago I'd drop MR. To be fair, we may have played even worse without him, who knows.

I think at the very least he needs to be stripped of the captaincy now, and that should go to either McCombe, Owen or Griff, all of whom seem like they want to wear the shirt.

The Gannon excuse has worn thin, but that doesn't mean Gannon was good for our club - he wasn't. The players are also to blame.

J Richards

M Richards

Collins

Roberts

Tommo

plus others, can all pack their bags now as far as I'm concerned. I don't believe any of these truly care about promotion. They've all done well for us at times but we need to get rid now, sadly.

I'm also sick of reading reports in The Sentinel or on the BBC where certain players say 'we'll play really well', 'we're really up for it' etc. I know they have to say this stuff but I'd rather they say nothing if they don't mean it!

Well said Barcroft.

Most days I read one of the players saying 'we know what we need to do' or something along similar lines and then put performances in like today?

The only players who seemed to care today were Griff, McCombe, Yates, Owen and Rigg was bright when he come on. I'd have serious thoughts about making Gaz Owen the permanent captain for next season...somebody who puts 100% in every game and leads by example.

Marc Richards has the ability to be one of the best strikers in this league but hasn't played well in my opinion for the last half a dozen games. All our wingers are too inconsistent, Roberts isnt his former self, Collins looks half the player he once was, Justin is just so enfuriating to watch and Tommo couldn't kick straight today! :unsure:

Well said Barcroft.

Most days I read one of the players saying 'we know what we need to do' or something along similar lines and then put performances in like today?

The only players who seemed to care today were Griff, McCombe, Yates, Owen and Rigg was bright when he come on. I'd have serious thoughts about making Gaz Owen the permanent captain for next season...somebody who puts 100% in every game and leads by example.

Marc Richards has the ability to be one of the best strikers in this league but hasn't played well in my opinion for the last half a dozen games. All our wingers are too inconsistent, Roberts isnt his former self, Collins looks half the player he once was, Justin is just so enfuriating to watch and Tommo couldn't kick straight today! :unsure:

cant be to harsh on the strikers as there is no football played,they have spent the season trying to hold the ball up,the service is appalling the general movement is worse.We are very easy and predictable to play against.

cant be to harsh on the strikers as there is no football played,they have spent the season trying to hold the ball up,the service is appalling the general movement is worse.We are very easy and predictable to play agains

Spot on there, there is no sevice period. If you stuck marc richards in a team lets say chesterfield he would be a top goalscorer. Look at craig davis, did nothing for us but with all the service he gets at chessy he has done well.

cant be to harsh on the strikers as there is no football played,they have spent the season trying to hold the ball up,the service is appalling the general movement is worse.We are very easy and predictable to play against.

Oh no I fully agree about the lack of service the twins receive. Marc has done well to score 19 goals in a side that lacks any type of creativity. The wingers don't produce much and Roberts/Griff don't get forward enough to support the front two. Its rigid, and like you said easy to play against.

I don't know what's up with Marc. Is he unfit? I mean its just things like balls played into his feet or chest aren't brought under control as well and we lose possession or the fact that he leads for every header with his arm and gives many fouls away. Personally I don't think he has had a good game since before the 3 home games we had in one week in March.

Spot on there, there is no sevice period. If you stuck marc richards in a team lets say chesterfield he would be a top goalscorer. Look at craig davis, did nothing for us but with all the service he gets at chessy he has done well.

Rubbish davies had skill pace touch movement none of which richards had! he scored 1 in 3 preyty much for us!

marc was good first half but he had 3 good chances today 10 against bury!

Hes been a disgrace in terms of effort, touch, hold up play, goal scoring for weeks now! take his penalties away and he's hardly prelific is he???

you cant play two donkeys up front! one donkey with rigg (whos done more in 2x20 mins than marc and justin have for two months)!!!!!!!

Archived