onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players: Must take some blame

MattW

Advert

Oh no I fully agree about the lack of service the twins receive. Marc has done well to score 19 goals in a side that lacks any type of creativity. The wingers don't produce much and Roberts/Griff don't get forward enough to support the front two. Its rigid, and like you said easy to play against.

I don't know what's up with Marc. Is he unfit? I mean its just things like balls played into his feet or chest aren't brought under control as well and we lose possession or the fact that he leads for every header with his arm and gives many fouls away. Personally I don't think he has had a good game since before the 3 home games we had in one week in March.

Think the pressure of being pretty much the only goal scorer in the team cant help.

As a team we have been based on effort and it can only carry you so far.

Think the pressure of being pretty much the only goal scorer in the team cant help.

As a team we have been based on effort and it can only carry you so far.

Agree with both points. We do rely way too much on Marc to score the goals, we need a goalscoring midfielder asap on top of another striker. Loft 1, Roberts 2, Griff 1 - its just not good enough. Not sure if the captaincy has any effect on him as it could be more pressure added on?

And yes under Adams, the objective was to get in the opponents face and stop them from playing. When teams park the bus at Vale and play 4-5-1 to stop us from playing, we just simply arent good enough to break these sides down.

Agree with both points. We do rely way too much on Marc to score the goals, we need a goalscoring midfielder asap on top of another striker. Loft 1, Roberts 2, Griff 1 - its just not good enough. Not sure if the captaincy has any effect on him as it could be more pressure added on?

And yes under Adams, the objective was to get in the opponents face and stop them from playing. When teams park the bus at Vale and play 4-5-1 to stop us from playing, we just simply arent good enough to break these sides down.

which players do you think we should hang onto ?

I'm so glad the players are fighting fit again, that was according to ROB Taylor who fired a warning shot to Vale's promotion rivals ahead of today's crucial home clash with Stockport by insisting: "We're fighting fit again."

Just think if the were not fighting fit, what ya think the score would have been!!

all you have to do is look at the goal difference column, that sums it up really

which players do you think we should hang onto ?

Well most are in contract but if Mo takes over I would be more ruthless as he could pay contracts up.

Tomlinson and Martin are two pretty good keepers at this level so I'd keep both.

I'd keep all the back 4 and also offer Kris Taylor a 1 year contract as he brings a nice balance to the side plus offering the best delivery in the squad.

Haldane is a waste of space and overall I just don't think Dodds will perform consistantly in one position to merit a further deal. Rob Taylor flatters to deceive but I would perhaps keep as an impact sub and Rigg is touch and go for me. Griff and Loft would definitely be in my squad and Roberts would depend upon if the new manager can control him.

I'd keep Marc because with better service he would score more goals and 20 goal a season strikers dont come cheap. I'd also look at offloading Justin who just isnt good enough for a promotion chasing side.

What about you mate?

The players are totally responsible for the poor onfield performances which have seen any chance of promotion evaporate over recent weeks - they all talk a good game but when it comes down to it havnt shown any bottle or fight to deserve any more than we gained.

I hope the NLV speaking on praise and grumble today wakes up to reality and instead of congratulating this squad of under-performers for there efforts to date, whilst continuing to blame Bratt and co for everything Vale, wakens up to the fact that the Directors didnt let 2 goals in against the leagues bottom team and the directors didnt miss a hatfull of chances to get 3 vital points, regardless of all there other failings.

Well most are in contract but if Mo takes over I would be more ruthless as he could pay contracts up.

Tomlinson and Martin are two pretty good keepers at this level so I'd keep both.

I'd keep all the back 4 and also offer Kris Taylor a 1 year contract as he brings a nice balance to the side plus offering the best delivery in the squad.

Haldane is a waste of space and overall I just don't think Dodds will perform consistantly in one position to merit a further deal. Rob Taylor flatters to deceive but I would perhaps keep as an impact sub and Rigg is touch and go for me. Griff and Loft would definitely be in my squad and Roberts would depend upon if the new manager can control him.

I'd keep Marc because with better service he would score more goals and 20 goal a season strikers dont come cheap. I'd also look at offloading Justin who just isnt good enough for a promotion chasing side.

What about you mate?

Not sure what to think, dodds, rigg, r taylor and j r need to move on, with regret.May be another couple as well.Depends who is in charge on and off the pitch.

The players are totally responsible for the poor onfield performances which have seen any chance of promotion evaporate over recent weeks - they all talk a good game but when it comes down to it havnt shown any bottle or fight to deserve any more than we gained.

I hope the NLV speaking on praise and grumble today wakes up to reality and instead of congratulating this squad of under-performers for there efforts to date, whilst continuing to blame Bratt and co for everything Vale, wakens up to the fact that the Directors didnt let 2 goals in against the leagues bottom team and the directors didnt miss a hatfull of chances to get 3 vital points, regardless of all there other failings.

True, but the Directors did appoint Gannon, who undermined the players' confidence at every opportunity and messed up the style of play as well as removed the focus on fitness training. We are still reaping his harvest. Add underinvestment to that and the Board have to answer for what we are now seeing.

Not sure what to think, dodds, rigg, r taylor and j r need to move on, with regret.May be another couple as well.Depends who is in charge on and off the pitch.

Very true. If Mo does replace Bratt, he has already said he will want to bring a high profile manager in who in turn will probably bring in better players with contacts etc. I'd replace quite a few of the squad presuming we could afford better players.

Who stays and who goes will be down to finances and who's out of contract, which means some of the deadwood will still be here next season. Even if there is a new owner, Mo Chaudray or whoever, I doubt they'd spend precious finances on paying up contracts to then employ new players.

Returning to the original point, yes, quite a few of the players have to look at themselves and ask why they aren't performing how they did before Christmas and, as Grewy made clear on the radio this evening, why they think it's acceptable to ignore what they do in training and what they're asked to do on the pitch? I think they're probably a bit too comfortable with Grew and the Horse which is a major reason why a new, fresh manager is needed.

One thing all players at the Vale should remember is that if they're released history shows that the chances are they'll end up in non-league and probably below the Conference at that. There aren't any Ainsworth's, Guppy's or McCarthy's amongst this lot. Not even any Billy Paynter's. However, there are one or two Colin Miles's, Justin Miller's and Craig James's.

Archived