onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Food for thought in L1

old sage

Just reading through this thread and I think one problem is that people a judging JMW & Vincent as one single package (Quotes such as:- drop wingers away, Vincent & JMW have more assists etc) for me they are very different and at the moment I think Vincent's effort levels in recent games needs raising.

Advert

And for me they don't need raising at all, not lost since New Year's Day and Vincent has started every game since then, all this is an over reaction from vale fans because we drew at Barnet! Back in the real world, 5 defeats all season so far is remarkable considering the position we were in up until November.

The team is fine how it is, keeping clean sheets, picking up points home and away, scoring goals

What more do people want?

And for me they don't need raising at all, not lost since New Year's Day and Vincent has started every game since then, all this is an over reaction from vale fans because we drew at Barnet! Back in the real world, 5 defeats all season so far is remarkable considering the position we were in up until November.

The team is fine how it is, keeping clean sheets, picking up points home and away, scoring goals

Agreed.

The question really should be, assuming that promotion to L1 will happen this season, is what do people expect of the team once in L1?

I think the squad we have right now would hold their own in L1 and be capable of a mid-table finish. I would be happy with this and then try to push on the season after next. Let's walk before we can run and I just get the feeling that people's expectations are a little high.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:Just adding "Remember where we were 12 months ago" :yes:

Can you please clarrify the words over reaction??? All I see is people discussing the game and suggesting ideas that we feel could / could not improve the squad going forward. Part of the fun of the game is discussing it afterwards with fellow fans and hearing there perspective of the game

I've often puit the case forward for a 4-5-1, usually in reaction to games like Saturday and home games v Fleetwood, Chesterfield, Gillingham. However, the 4-4-2 has certainly worked more than it has failed us. Look at the league table and some of the results we've had. We aren't going to win every game and sometimes the other team will get it right over us tactically, but that's football.

If there's one change I'd make it'd be Birchall in for Vincent. I know Vincent got the 2 goals last week but his all round game isn't brilliant. Someone like Birchall could offer us that bit going forward but then drop in and tighten up the middle as well. This way we could still play Hughes and Pope as well.

Bril to see most are not happy with an away draw. Shows how far we have come. We will not win or dominate every game and there are going to be days when more players have an off day rather than playing well. We are still top of the league, in a fantastic position yet some are still not happy! If you want perfection watch Barcelona. Here in the real world there are more inconsistent diplays by all teams than there are week in week out superb displays. Face facts we are in Division 2 and there will be teams lower in the division beating higher positioned teams right throughout the season. Points in the bag by Vale and the Gills are causing other teams to realise they are fighting for 3rd spot so we are bound to have scrappy games now and then. Adams has recognised he may have used the wrong tactics Saturday so just get on with it, we aint doing too badly the way we have built up points so far.

i'm not even reading this thread until we are guaranteed promotion - talk about jumping th gun

Spot on! And it would appear that MA has acknowledged that he needs to look at the team's set-up and formation in the remaining away fixtures to ensure we get that 'guaranteed' promotion slot!

Bril to see most are not happy with an away draw. Shows how far we have come. We will not win or dominate every game and there are going to be days when more players have an off day rather than playing well. We are still top of the league, in a fantastic position yet some are still not happy! If you want perfection watch Barcelona. Here in the real world there are more inconsistent diplays by all teams than there are week in week out superb displays. Face facts we are in Division 2 and there will be teams lower in the division beating higher positioned teams right throughout the season. Points in the bag by Vale and the Gills are causing other teams to realise they are fighting for 3rd spot so we are bound to have scrappy games now and then. Adams has recognised he may have used the wrong tactics Saturday so just get on with it, we aint doing too badly the way we have built up points so far.

Good post.

Some,including me may have been a bit OTT but there's no shame in aiming for perfection.

Archived