onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andrew Signs Until End of The Season

2-D

Advert

i think people need to cut andrew a bit of slack, hes been steady and given us other options when certain players are having a bad game. hes big gets himself about a bit and generally makes a nuisance of himself, perfect for league 2 :)

obviously his versatility is what has earned him an extension and 1 person provides cover for at least 2 positions - good management IMO

Ill put a tenner on the fact that he won't score this season.

Edit : unless Pope gets injured / goes and he's the replacement - even Ville Viljanen managed one or two bouncing off his ****.

I'll take that bet.

i'll have a tenner on that youth. I think people are too quick to criticise, remember this lad hasnt had a pre season and he's having to fit into a team that is probably the fittest around, he needs time and I think if or when he can get sharp he will be a real hand full but cant see him ever being a prolific marksman though. Then again most of us said that about Pope.

how many loan signings has Adams made that he hasnt utilised? Mcalister springs to mind, yet Andrew comes in no pre season, no match fitness and gets the nod over players who have done well and scored goals, I just dont see anything in him. If he was here just to boost squad numbers then fine, but I think Adams sees him as more than that whereas i've seen very little to suggest he'll be of any use, I hope i'm wrong.

He may be 1/2 decent cover for Tom but for me he is no where near as effective as Doddsie or Williamson in other positions. Additionally his strike rate is frightening and I aren't referring to fear in the opponents minds either. Personally I would of tried to strengthen in other areas had I been in M A's shoes.

I guess Adams thinks he can hold the ball up well and brings him on to try and protect a lead ?

our strength is our attacking play and the best form of defence is attack. Whenever ive seen Andrew brought on out of position for that purpose, we have looked more vulnerable not less.

how many loan signings has Adams made that he hasnt utilised? Mcalister springs to mind, yet Andrew comes in no pre season, no match fitness and gets the nod over players who have done well and scored goals, I just dont see anything in him. If he was here just to boost squad numbers then fine, but I think Adams sees him as more than that whereas i've seen very little to suggest he'll be of any use, I hope i'm wrong.

Andy little

Sean Mcalister

Calvin Andrews

Jason jarret

Jamie guy

Phil roe

Loads more aswell. Whilst I acknowledge he has made some excellent signings he has got a bad habbit of signing these sorts of players

You don't see anything in him, Adams does. Micky has bought in loan signings that he hasn't utilised yes but he soon gets rid of them if they don't cut it. Andrew usually comes on when we are winning with about 20 to go? He holds the ball up well whilst other players get forward, his pass completion percentage must be pretty high as well he rarely gives it away. I would be worried if he was the player we relied on for goals but we don't, we have plenty of players hitting the back of the net this season.

How can people question Micky this season? Are we not top of the league? Enjoy it, you can have a moan next season when we are mid table in league 1.

Some people.......

He may be 1/2 decent cover for Tom but for me he is no where near as effective as Doddsie or Williamson in other positions. Additionally his strike rate is frightening and I aren't referring to fear in the opponents minds either. Personally I would of tried to strengthen in other areas had I been in M A's shoes.

It depends whether the need is for target man hold up play or mobility in general play. I don't think we can compare goal scoring unless Andrews is allowed to replace Pope in the way Pope replaced Richards. He needs the POMO.

the best form of defence is attack..

I hate that phrase. Probably because is the main it's a load of ********.

Would Chelsea have won the champions League if they'd have 'attacked' Barcalona or Bayern?

The best form of defence is a good solid defence.

Archived