onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andrew Signs Until End of The Season

2-D

You don't see anything in him, Adams does. Micky has bought in loan signings that he hasn't utilised yes but he soon gets rid of them if they don't cut it. Andrew usually comes on when we are winning with about 20 to go? He holds the ball up well whilst other players get forward, his pass completion percentage must be pretty high as well he rarely gives it away. I would be worried if he was the player we relied on for goals but we don't, we have plenty of players hitting the back of the net this season.

How can people question Micky this season? Are we not top of the league? Enjoy it, you can have a moan next season when we are mid table in league 1.

Some people.......

i thought the thread was about the signing of Andrew with the OP asking what we all think. That is what i think, it isnt a moan its an opinion given with reasons why i have that opinion. Sorry it doesnt tie in with what some people now think ovf is for.

Advert

no Ant but I saw the highlights and the last 10 mins looked very much like Rotherham when he was brought in to help us shut up shop and we nearly threw it away. Both great results but we rode our luck a little in both games

he actually did ok, held the ball up well, which is what we needed

I hate that phrase. Probably because is the main it's a load of ********.

Would Chelsea have won the champions League if they'd have 'attacked' Barcalona or Bayern?

The best form of defence is a good solid defence.

The simple fact George is if the ball is in the oppositions half they are unlikely to score, whereas if you put 11 men in your own box you increase the likelihood of conceeding. Our strength is our attacking play and you should play to your strengths.

When you have money available in January or your bringing in loan players, they should be to improve the current team, utilise straight away and not have them sitting on the bench as squad cover. Its a waste of money and a waste of a wage. At the moment (and he may prove me wrong) Andrew is a bench warmer and squad cover. We needed wingers that could really challenge Myrie Williams and Vincent, who for me havent had a good past 5 games, and ho think their positions are nailed on.

We should also have tried to get another goalscorer (god help us if pope gets injured or leaves) and another midfielder. But then again against Wimbledon I thought Mickey got his selection wrong, the pitch was too narrow to have effective wingers. PLus they were going to be hardworking and battling through midfield which at the minute Williams and Vincent havent got in their locker, we should have kept yates at left back, pushed jones on the left and put birchall on the right and had a battling midfield rather than flambouyant, i think the scoreline would have been different with this.

When you have money available in January or your bringing in loan players, they should be to improve the current team, utilise straight away and not have them sitting on the bench as squad cover. Its a waste of money and a waste of a wage. At the moment (and he may prove me wrong) Andrew is a bench warmer and squad cover. We needed wingers that could really challenge Myrie Williams and Vincent, who for me havent had a good past 5 games, and ho think their positions are nailed on.

We should also have tried to get another goalscorer (god help us if pope gets injured or leaves) and another midfielder. But then again against Wimbledon I thought Mickey got his selection wrong, the pitch was too narrow to have effective wingers. PLus they were going to be hardworking and battling through midfield which at the minute Williams and Vincent havent got in their locker, we should have kept yates at left back, pushed jones on the left and put birchall on the right and had a battling midfield rather than flambouyant, i think the scoreline would have been different with this.

Myrie Williams has been very good recently, Vincent hasn't.

Yes. I think the scoreline would have been different....... A defeat.

Student of the game?? I think not.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived