onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Evolution v Creationism

SuperValiant1876

Also, how is holding different views to yours on abortion comparable to the sanctioned slaughter of millions of Jews, Gypsies and Poles.

I think originally he compared those who actually carried out abortions to those behind genocide (Nazis) but seems to have moved on to those who actually support the availability of abortion....something I can't agree with

Advert

I didn't complete the above before posting it

Yiour paraphrasing is totally incorrect..again you don't understand. I posted earlier on this thread that I agree with you regarding us being highly evolved pieces of meat. My point was that you come across as dismissing things that you don't understand, nothing to do with my views on this subject.

Re me being an expert on religion..you're 100% wrong again.I actually pointed out that my sis in law being a CofE minsiter does not make me an expert. How more wrong could you be

I am aware of the end game..I know no Christian who (to paraphrase) wishes their life away to get to that end game

My beliefs..what are you on about? The Bible is fiction as far as I am concerned as I have stated on here. One of my points was and is that you quoted entries form the Bible that even I (a non-expert) know are allegorical but you claim to know so much about it and that they back up your views..all you proved was that regarding those entries you don't understand them and that they don't support your argument

Absolute 100% wrong again,..have you just selectively read my posts and then misunderstood many that you have read? I repeat what I posted earlier..I tend to agree with Andy Regs that we are just highly evolved pieces of meat

What do you mean 'my beliefs'?

So wrong again....I am not on any sort of wind up but if it suits you to think that then so be it

You didn't tell me what it was you said I was one. From all I have read (and I don't claim to be an expert, is that clear?) I am not. So wrong again. I've not stated at all that I agree with postmodernism..what are you on about? 'Part of your studies' and that makes you an expert and soooo right about the subject that alterbnatives are to be disnmissed? Did I become an expert on Shakespears cos it was part of my studies..nope. I am expert on one thing, the albums of Queen up to and including Jazz...I make no claims of expertise on anything else..never have done

So factually incorrect multiple times in the above posts and so again it reflects what I see as a closed mind

For example re Warren and his Being/Doing posts...I was speaking to a fully qualified psychiatric therapist that I know last week (she works for East Devon Psychiatric Services) and this came up due to the Buddhism context..guess what it's a valid technique used in counselling people with conditions such as depression..called Mindfulness,..you can read more here if you care to do so

http://www.michaelsamsel.com/Content/Individuals/being_vs_doing.html

http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/help-information/mental-health-a-z/M/mindfulness/

I'll quote from the latter:

"mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) is recommended by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) for the prevention of relapse in recurrent depression"

Here is a link to mindfulness and Buddhism..you'll see the link to being not doing..being aware of ones senses which was pretty much how she explained it.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/urban-mindfulness/201111/mindfulness-and-buddhism-interview-dr-miles-neale

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness

So you see you dismissed as nonsense (or was it waffle?) something that you could not possibly understand from Warren's posts

As I said, a closed mind (from my perspective)..and if there is one type of person it is actually impossible to debate with, it's someone with a closed mind

Bye

So you claim no expertise, yet because I don't agree with something you feel able to tell me I don't understand it? What about other experts in science and academia who have the same views as me? Do they not understand? You say you don't see yourself as postmodernist, but you don't half argue like one. But then again, nobody understands.

Picking an off the cuff bible for a bit of a joke, granted I have no idea either way with that one, doesn't mean I don't understand anything. Perhaps I should read the bible three more times to understand that all the ethnic cleansing, rape, women hating and justified slavery was all an allegory and only the fun bits are true (apart from the gays, we can still stone them)!

The goal for Christians is to get to heaven. The focus of so much in church is on sin. Why do we need to deal with sin?

And even though your small sample of Christians don't preach this, there are certainly plenty of Christians who would like to see the final book of the bible finally come to be.

You say it's hard to debate with someone who has a closed mind. Yet I haven't seen one single post with any factual argument to suggest what religion or creationists have in terms of evidence. But I don't understand anyway.

Genuine question, what is the difference between beliveing in God and Jesus and being religious?

Excellent question, JA, which I know you ask seriously. It depends on your definition of religion but, for me, if it is a bunch of traditions and rituals that is not what I subscribe to. I love my church but I don't even like what that word represents to many people. My life is about my relationship with Christ, what HE wants me to do and what he does for me. It's about reaching out to others, pointing them to the one true source of peace and to an abundant life.

Warren

What's Dianne Abbot being black got to do with anything.

Also, how is holding different views to yours on abortion comparable to the sanctioned slaughter of millions of Jews, Gypsies and Poles.

In your previous comment you've managed to get both misogyny, racism and uninformed ignorance into just one post. Just add in your evident homophobia and you'll have the full set.

I used the term black because she purports to act as a leader of the black minority community not as any intended racial slur. This lady is the Labour Public Health Spokesperson and could be a Minister or Cabinet Minister in the next Government.

She supports the 23 week abortion limit and thinks (whilst laughing about it) that women must have choice.

The position continues to be that the law in Northern Ireland makes abortion mostly illegal whilst in England, Wales and Scotland it can easily be obtained. The position of most MPs is for a substantial reduction to perhaps half the current limit which would reduce some of the slaughter.

One wonders about the conversation between Chris Huhne and the child he wanted aborted. Dad did you want to murder me. Yes I thought you would be very inconvenient but I love you now.

Genuine question, what is the difference between beliveing in God and Jesus and being religious?

I think people can believe in God and Jesus privately but not engage in a religious community or partake in religious ceremony. Maybe quite a significant proportion of the UK population do this.

Dear Mods

Can someone have a word with Warren? His comments in this thread have reached a new low and has compared Diane Abbott to Hitler. Ms Abbott would find that comment not only objectionable but also defamatory. Given that Warren has named an actual person in such a racist disgraceful way does not reflect well on this forum or indeed the overwhelming decent majority on here. OVF could find itself in trouble unless that post is deleted.

Thanks

:mad:

The position continues to be that the law in Northern Ireland makes abortion mostly illegal whilst in England, Wales and Scotland it can easily be obtained.

Warren, you have absolutely no idea.

I have been unfortunate enough to have been through this experience. *Have you?

* A one word answer will suffice.

Excellent question, JA, which I know you ask seriously. It depends on your definition of religion but, for me, if it is a bunch of traditions and rituals that is not what I subscribe to. I love my church but I don't even like what that word represents to many people. My life is about my relationship with Christ, what HE wants me to do and what he does for me. It's about reaching out to others, pointing them to the one true source of peace and to an abundant life.

Thank you

I can see from that that there is a difference..interesting

Dear Mods

Can someone have a word with Warren? His comments in this thread have reached a new low and has compared Diane Abbott to Hitler. Ms Abbott would find that comment not only objectionable but also defamatory.

How dare you speak for Diane Abbott

However just report the post, more likely to get to the mods attention than posting about it..use the little exclamation mark thingy bottom left of the post

Fancy supporting the notion that women must have choice, whilst laughing at the objectionable views that women shouldn't have choice.

I mean, it's not like we're living in a civilized society where people strive to ensure women have the right to control their own bodies or anything.

There is also the body of the unbotn baby

Amazing that one can argue for a woman to have choice whilst ignoring the unborn girl who has no choice

Dear Mods

Can someone have a word with Warren? His comments in this thread have reached a new low and has compared Diane Abbott to Hitler. Ms Abbott would find that comment not only objectionable but also defamatory. Given that Warren has named an actual person in such a racist disgraceful way does not reflect well on this forum or indeed the overwhelming decent majority on here. OVF could find itself in trouble unless that post is deleted.

Thanks

:mad:

My arguments on here claim all the moral high ground. Exterminating a human being at week 23 of pregnancy is evil - as evil as dropping cyanide in to a gas chamber in a concentration camp and then burning the bodies. I continue to compare the views of Diane Abbott on abortion with those of Hitler relating to the killing of Jews et al and there is no offence at all against her race. My reference to her being black is because she claims to lead the black community in her constituency.

Archived