onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Evolution v Creationism

SuperValiant1876

To paraphrase, I don't agree with you, therefore I don't understand.

I'd say you don't understand what I'm saying, and because of that are throwing such accusations. The whole matter or [insert something that we have no evidence for] debate is neither here nor there. It is no different to say 'god always was' as to say 'something else always was'. But for some reason we can change our logic for religion. Its not an argument of what god is. Its an argument of the application of logic and rational argument. If you can't get your head around one, then why is it so easy to believe an even bigger impossibility? You focus on the fact that this god you don't believe in 'isn't made from matter' yet ignore the whole point of the argument. Multi quoting tiny throw away comments to divert from the actual argument.

You quote extracts but ignore arguments I make, presumably because you don't understand them. You make a lot of assumptions and consider yourself an expert because a member of your family is religious.

I respect people's rights to have religion or whatever beliefs. However no belief should be exempt from debate, ridicule or satire. That's a massive attack on freedom of thought and speech, and puts religion on a pedestal. If religion holds the rights to tell us there is a god and we will go to hell, then they should expect that to not be a one way street. Why can someone mock my political beliefs, but not religious beliefs?

As for Christianity's end game, it's written in the last book of the bible. I've read it. I've been taught about it from religious leaders, I've been taught about it at religious schools. But obviously I don't understand because it doesn't fit with your beliefs.

Not even going to bother debating the views of a forum WUM.

As for postmodernism, considering i told you what it was, it made up a part of my university studies, and I quoted academic texts that show it to be a load of hot air, you agree with it (and have obviously become an expert in the last few weeks) so those that don't, 'don't understand'!

Advert

http://brandtstandard.com/2012/05/25/brazil-catholic-church-excommunicates-mother-of-9-year-old-rape-victim-for-approving-abortion/

Relevant in a debate about religion and abortion.

Do some care for a foetus more than a child? Seems like a lot of concern for a foetus but little for a little girl.

Apparently though, I should question my morality for thinking the poor girls life and psychological health is the most important thing in this.

http://brandtstandard.com/2012/05/25/brazil-catholic-church-excommunicates-mother-of-9-year-old-rape-victim-for-approving-abortion/

Relevant in a debate about religion and abortion.

Do some care for a foetus more than a child? Seems like a lot of concern for a foetus but little for a little girl.

Apparently though, I should question my morality for thinking the poor girls life and psychological health is the most important thing in this.

Actually, on a serious note, that always troubles me, too. An adult is a foetus too (grown). One thing's for sure: those who have more to say about the killing of foetuses than they do about human rights are missing their own point.....

The abortion discussion is worthy of a separate thread. It serves some use on this thread by providing a specific discussion about real life and the creation of a human being.

I watched the Panorama programme tonight. The main feature of this was the lack of concern for the baby and the focus on the women's life circumstances. Women can always put up the child for adoption. The law which focuses on the woman's mental health with an inconsequential assessment process is ethically wrong.

I watched Diane Abbott tonight and she lost all credibility with me. I compare this evil black woman to Hitler.

Careful, comparing the black woman to the white hitler could get you threatened with legal action.

So would you maintain your morals and let the little girl die, or join the ranks of us nazi's who are comparable to evil black women, and let her have an abortion?

It are you just a pretty good wind up merchant?

The abortion discussion is worthy of a separate thread. It serves some use on this thread by providing a specific discussion about real life and the creation of a human being.

I watched the Panorama programme tonight. The main feature of this was the lack of concern for the baby and the focus on the women's life circumstances. Women can always put up the child for adoption. The law which focuses on the woman's mental health with an inconsequential assessment process is ethically wrong.

I watched Diane Abbott tonight and she lost all credibility with me. I compare this evil black woman to Hitler.

I think you need to find some peace within, perhaps start being, through some meditation. It might help get rid of some of your racist, homophobic, nazi comparing issues. I think a visit to Auschwitz might be a start then perhaps you could stop comparing every little thing to Hitler or the concentration camps.....

Warren

What's Dianne Abbot being black got to do with anything.

Also, how is holding different views to yours on abortion comparable to the sanctioned slaughter of millions of Jews, Gypsies and Poles.

In your previous comment you've managed to get both misogyny, racism and uninformed ignorance into just one post. Just add in your evident homophobia and you'll have the full set.

Again you misunderstand. I postred earlier on this thread that I agree with ypou regarding us being highly evolved pices of meat

My point was that you come across as dismissing things that you don't understand

|Re me being an exper on religion..you're wriong agai9n.I actually pointed out that my sis in law being a coFE minsiter does not make me an expert. So you are wriong again

As for Christianity's end game, it's written in the last book of the bible. I've read it. I've been taught about it from religious leaders, I've been taught about it at religious schools. But obviously I don't understand because it doesn't fit with your beliefs.

Absolute 100% wrong again,..have you kuist selectively read my posts? I repeat what I pposted easrlier..I tend to agree with Andy Regs that we are just highly evolved pieces of meat

As for postmodernism, considering i told you what it was, it made up a part of my university studies, and I quoted academic texts that show it to be a load of hot air, you agree with it (and have obviously become an expert in the last few weeks) so those that don't, 'don't understand'!

You didn't tell me what it was you said I was one. From all I have read (and I don't claim to be an expert) I am not. So wrong again

So factually incorrect multiple times in the above posts and so again it reflects what I see asa closed mind

For example

I didn't complete the above before posting it

Yiour paraphrasing is totally incorrect..again you don't understand. I posted earlier on this thread that I agree with you regarding us being highly evolved pieces of meat. My point was that you come across as dismissing things that you don't understand, nothing to do with my views on this subject.

Re me being an expert on religion..you're 100% wrong again.I actually pointed out that my sis in law being a CofE minsiter does not make me an expert. How more wrong could you be

I am aware of the end game..I know no Christian who (to paraphrase) wishes their life away to get to that end game

My beliefs..what are you on about? The Bible is fiction as far as I am concerned as I have stated on here. One of my points was and is that you quoted entries form the Bible that even I (a non-expert) know are allegorical but you claim to know so much about it and that they back up your views..all you proved was that regarding those entries you don't understand them and that they don't support your argument

But obviously I don't understand because it doesn't fit with your beliefs.

Absolute 100% wrong again,..have you just selectively read my posts and then misunderstood many that you have read? I repeat what I posted earlier..I tend to agree with Andy Regs that we are just highly evolved pieces of meat

What do you mean 'my beliefs'?

So wrong again....I am not on any sort of wind up but if it suits you to think that then so be it

You didn't tell me what it was you said I was one. From all I have read (and I don't claim to be an expert, is that clear?) I am not. So wrong again. I've not stated at all that I agree with postmodernism..what are you on about? 'Part of your studies' and that makes you an expert and soooo right about the subject that alterbnatives are to be disnmissed? Did I become an expert on Shakespears cos it was part of my studies..nope. I am expert on one thing, the albums of Queen up to and including Jazz...I make no claims of expertise on anything else..never have done

So factually incorrect multiple times in the above posts and so again it reflects what I see as a closed mind

For example re Warren and his Being/Doing posts...I was speaking to a fully qualified psychiatric therapist that I know last week (she works for East Devon Psychiatric Services) and this came up due to the Buddhism context..guess what it's a valid technique used in counselling people with conditions such as depression..called Mindfulness,..you can read more here if you care to do so

http://www.michaelsamsel.com/Content/Individuals/being_vs_doing.html

http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/help-information/mental-health-a-z/M/mindfulness/

I'll quote from the latter:

"mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) is recommended by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) for the prevention of relapse in recurrent depression"

Here is a link to mindfulness and Buddhism..you'll see the link to being not doing..being aware of ones senses which was pretty much how she explained it.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/urban-mindfulness/201111/mindfulness-and-buddhism-interview-dr-miles-neale

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness

So you see you dismissed as nonsense (or was it waffle?) something that you could not possibly understand from Warren's posts

As I said, a closed mind (from my perspective)..and if there is one type of person it is actually impossible to debate with, it's someone with a closed mind

Bye

Archived