onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Evolution v Creationism

SuperValiant1876

Advert

You need to get a better understanding of what the Bible says and actually means by what it says..

No I dont....

Are you saying that the bible is rubbish, it doesnt mean what it says and if it actually says it it doesnt mean it because thats not what its trying to say... Thou shalt not kill.... doesnt mean you shouldnt kill?

What's the point in putting any scenarios to me when I have made it perfevtly clear that I am against abortion in all circumstances

To try to make the point that a simple yes or no... for or against.... doesnt respect the complexity of the question.

There are usually four answers to a question.... yes/no/maybe/dont know.... most debate isnt set around the answer its all about the question.... understanding the answer given or changing that answer is all in the reasons why/how that answer was arrived at.

My point was it does not matter if you stay calm under duress or if the way you address a debate is admirable if the points you are making are outrageous and sickening.

You saying no one is entitled to opinions that others find outrageous and sickening? Maybe some people find the accusations against Warren outrageous and sickening so clearly they should be banned as well?

You saying the manner of debate is not important? That debaters can make any accusation that they like, can attack the poster how they wish cos in some (most) peoples' eyes they have the high ground?

I find a lot of what Warren posts very offensive but that's a dangerous path to follow

No I dont....

Are you saying that the bible is rubbish, it doesnt mean what it says and if it actually says it it doesnt mean it because thats not what its trying to say... Thou shalt not kill.... doesnt mean you shouldnt kill?

I am very clear..it is fiction

It is in many of the passsges not meant to be taken literally but some of it is

You pick a single example form a very complex text but in that case most who believe the Bible to be the word ofGod believe that thou shalt not kill is to be taken literally

I did but you answered for him

I have not

If he hasn't answered, ask him again

That's where we differ so much.... I couldnt force what I believe onto a child...... or adult.

You would never stop an adult from killing someone cos you belive they are wrong to do so? You would step back and say 'Well it's their choice, who am I to force my belief that killing someone is wrong on to that person?"

I have not

If he hasn't answered, ask him again

You would never stop an adult from killing someone cos you belive they are wrong to do so? You would step back and say 'Well it's their choice, who am I to force my belief that killing someone is wrong on to that person?"

Thats nothing to do with belief..... thats the law.... I did stop someone from battering another with a metal pipe... not because I believed it wrong.

From your point of view is the morning after pill contraception or chemical abortion?

You saying no one is entitled to opinions that others find outrageous and sickening? Maybe some people find the accusations against Warren outrageous and sickening so clearly they should be banned as well?

You saying the manner of debate is not important? That debaters can make any accusation that they like, can attack the poster how they wish cos in some (most) peoples' eyes they have the high ground?

I find a lot of what Warren posts very offensive but that's a dangerous path to follow

Everyone is entitled to an opinion which includes response to that opinion.

The only person claiming the "high ground" is warren... literally.

Thats nothing to do with belief..... thats the law.... I did stop someone from battering another with a metal pipe... not because I believed it wrong.

Interesting...so everything that is legal is OK and everythibng that is is illegal is wrong? So if it ha beern legal you'd have let it carry on?

If i saw someone doing something legal but which I thought wrong I would try to stop them stop them. Plenty of things are legal which I belive to be wrong...my moral compassd is not soley governed by what is legal and illegal

From your point of view is the morning after pill contraception or chemical abortion?

If fertilisation has occurred then it's an abortion..if it hasn't then it's not

does that apply to contraception too?

Depends on the method of contraception...condoms, barrier methods prevent fertilisation. I don;'t consider and egg or sperm to be an unborn baby

Other methods prevent ovulation

Others make it more difficult for sperm to get to the egg

I do not support those that make the lining of the womb thinner so it is less likely to accept a fertilised egg..a fertilised egg is an unborn baby

Everyone is entitled to an opinion which includes response to that opinion.

This message board has rules and by attacking a poster in ways that Warren has been attacked those rules are being broken, so people are not allowed to post whatever opinion they wish to post, but they are entitled to hold whatever opinion they wish to hold.

Archived