onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darts!

SuperValiant1876

Advert

The kick off was because of what Barney said the other night about not being scared of playing Taylor, in fact he was begging to play him rather than Hamilton who Taylor beat that night. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2254385/Phil-Taylor-play-Raymond-van-Barneveld-World-Championships-semi-final.html sorry about using the daily racist, can't find the video....still, he should have just shook hands and left any bad blood away from the camera.

still, he should have just shook hands and left any bad blood away from the camera.

Can't agree..it's being the way he is that has made him the success that he is..you can't dominate a sport the way he has by leaving any 'bad blood away from the camera'. Get in there Phil and do what you need to win..stick it to all of them

Not what Taylor says

http://www1.skysports.com/darts/news/12288/8373901/Phil-Taylor-ashamed-after-bust-up-with-Raymond-van-Barneveld

Makes sense given what I witnessed watching it on SKy

Did you see RVB's post match interview after he won his quarter final though? It would make more sense that RVB's words riled Taylor a bit and he was just shoving the words back down his throat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nj4C5q01Vc watch from 57:50

Did you see RVB's post match interview after he won his quarter final though?

Yes

It would make more sense that RVB's words riled Taylor a bit and he was just shoving the words back down his throat.

Possibly but I believe what Phil said

"To put the record straight, Raymond is a very strong lad and when he shook my hand and pulled me he hurt me a little bit.

That was all it was and I reacted, to be honest with you, disgracefully. I am ashamed of myself and I feel terrible."

Not going to call him a liar

Van Barneveldt's attitude before the match was disrespectful; during the match he was wound-up and unable to relax; after the match, he held on to Taylor's hand and tried to drag him. Would he have done the same with Mike Tyson? No, he wouldn't. He was trying to impose himself on Taylor, in the only way he had left.

It was bullying, petulant behaviour. Van Barneveldt should be the one apologising.

Yes

Possibly but I believe what Phil said

"To put the record straight, Raymond is a very strong lad and when he shook my hand and pulled me he hurt me a little bit.

That was all it was and I reacted, to be honest with you, disgracefully. I am ashamed of myself and I feel terrible."

Not going to call him a liar

DO you think a sturdy handshake is going to hurt someone who is almost certainly pumped on adrenaline at that point?

Van Barneveldt's attitude before the match was disrespectful; during the match he was wound-up and unable to relax; after the match, he held on to Taylor's hand and tried to drag him. Would he have done the same with Mike Tyson? No, he wouldn't. He was trying to impose himself on Taylor, in the only way he had left.

It was bullying, petulant behaviour. Van Barneveldt should be the one apologising.

That's a very interesting interpretation. You have to understand the context here, they're friends, and friends don't give a quick, cool handshake and walk off after an epic match. The most classless thing that happened during the match was Taylor waving to the crowd whilst he was thrashing Barney. And it wasn't by accident that he did it on his way to the board to collect his darts - so Barney could see it. Taylor getting bullied... that's a laugh.. the man who has had it his way for so many years in the PDC (Phil Darts Club).

Taylor's story is a load of ****, if it was that simple, how curious that he couldn't talk about it last night... why did he not show the respect he normally would to his friend after the match? No, there's clearly more to it than that. This press release is being used to protect his image, now that he's seen that his actions have been roundly condemned. He certainly didn't seem ashamed last night, smug as usual while chatting with Dave Clarke and Rod Harrington.

I notice he's threatened to retire again. How many times is that...... and apparently he has no enthusiasm for darts. Funny how approximately a week ago he was talking about how brilliant his training has been and that this World Title would mean more than any other... He opens his mouth, and a torrent of **** usually follows.

No, he doesn't. Because you won't find anyone that slags off his darting ability. He's the best player ever, and the best player there will ever be. He's also a *****, and he'll still be a ***** if he wins 20 of them. This is what it all boils down to, there are too many people - and some of them very high up in the PDC - who will accept anything he says or does because he's good at darts. There have been people on here in the past essentially excusing his sexual assault conviction because he's good at three figure checkouts.

van Gerwen really had a great chance tonight, and turned in his worst performance. Lost the 60 halfway through the match, and Phil upped his level, was only going to be one outcome. If van Gerwen had gone 5-2 up it may have been different, but that seventh was a massive set for Taylor. Okay World Championship, but not as good as last year and the standard wasn't all that great - couple of excellent Taylor performances, a few from van Gerwen, one a piece from Barney and Lewis. Hamilton/Jenks was a good match as well, but other than that it was very meh.

Archived