onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rotheram 1 Port Vale 2 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Great win.

4 points in 2 away games against 2 of the top 5.

Strength of squad is showing now.

3 points v Daggers should set us up nicely for the 2 home games Fleetwood & Plymouth.

I firmly believe we are going up this season.

Well done to the players and fans

Advert

Not just a great top of the table 3 points courtesy of two "spectacular goals" watched by a typically brilliant away follwing

We've now gotten two over a bunch of incredibly arrogant, coin throwing and isolated fan assaulting ********* led by the biggest **** in football.

Can't remember the last result as satisfying as this :)

Dodds and Popey. Brilliant! :wub:

The 6 -2 home win was just as satisfying :D

Great win today and all credit to Micky and the staff, who prepared the team really well, and to the players who achieved what may well be one of our best away wins this season.

Looking at Saturday's fixtures, we will need a repeat performance. All our rivals have eminently winnable games, except Burton and Southend who play each other (at Burton). Southend, who are charging up the table and unbeaten in their last 14 games (including cup ties), won well away today at D&G but I guess the Daggers will come out all guns firing on Saturday, so we need to be careful.

A win or draw would set us up nicely for the new year when we play Fleetwood, Gillingham and Bradford in three of our first four games. It's going to be a cracking next three weeks. Bring it on!

Just back home (near Sheffield). Comfortable and accomplished performance. Was not really worried at any stage as Rotherham were very mediocre. Superbly taken goals. Evan's stomach was consistently outside the technical area. Ridiculous booking for Pope - their No.8 resorted to American Football blocking techniques as Pope tried to get round him.

Highlight was Vale fans chanting 'Fatty, fatty.... what's the score'.

Superb performance. One of the best away games I have been to for a long time, even better than Fleetwood for me.

The 2 goals we scored were fantastic, 2 superb finishes. Tom Pope is becoming a legend in my eyes, promotion will seal it.

They were a poor side, nice ground, good acoustics, horrible manager, hoirrble cheating team, horrible fans, which makes todays win even sweeter.

I thought Micky Adams's teams were supposed to fall away in the 2nd half if seasons?!?

It is going to be a very hard run in, with a number of other teams hitting form and looking strong, but there is no reason we can't stay there or thereabouts until the end.

Well done Micky and the boys. Fantastic result. I'd have been happy with a point. To get 3 is fantastic.

I thought Micky Adams's teams were supposed to fall away in the 2nd half if seasons?!?

It is going to be a very hard run in, with a number of other teams hitting form and looking strong, but there is no reason we can't stay there or thereabouts until the end.

Well done Micky and the boys. Fantastic result. I'd have been happy with a point. To get 3 is fantastic.

Most of the top teams are yet to visit Vale Park......In my opinion that's where promotion will be gained or lost.

It's taken some finding but FINALLY I've just found a positive comment about us on Rotherham mad!

''I had a problem with how the Gills played against us last up at home as did most of us. Vale were a more effective side and deserved their win today witha perfect away display.''

Er, I fear that poor individual's about to get banned for posting such a thing!?....:yes::D:rolleyes:

A difficult game and a great three points. First half we looked disjointed and struggled to really get into the game however the midfield three in particular worked hard and stifled Rotherham's attacks meaning they punted a lot of long balls up which were dealt with by the back line well with Duffy in particular making some crucial interceptions.

Second half didn't change too much but we did seem to get hold of the ball a bit better and both of our goals were well worked and very well finished, particularly Pope's. After that we dug in and worked hard for the three points and I think most players can come off and say they did their best. Only complaint of mine would probably be against Myrie-Williams who for the majority of the game may as well have not been on the pitch defensively or offensively and he should have been taken off earlier.

A fantastic three points though and MOTM for me would probably have to be Duffy who was at the heart of everything good at the back but the other defenders were exceptional too.

Best performance since Oxford, best away win all season. I thought we played a 4-5-1 most of the game which was fantastic and we didn't seem to be over run in midfield.

Both goals were fantastic finishes.

my personal highlight was how excited they got when they scored, gave us all an excuse for a dance!!

Archived