onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Clock

Vital Spark

Advert

I don't want to take anything away from Mr Wildes but the badges was just an idea i had when programming the scoreboard before the last game! Unfortunately the board lost its wireless connection during the second half and the only way I could recover the connection was to ditch the badges but if people like the look with badges I'll try to sort it for next week. Once the takeover is completed I will be asking him if they can look at either a hard wired connection or look into whats causing the loss of connection as when it happens I can't change whats on the board until the laptop is rebooted which can take a couple of minutes!

A laptop - what a luxury that is! The old scoreboard was operated by a huge desk top PC and monitor that the operators had to haul up onto the Lorne St roof each game. :laugh:

A laptop - what a luxury that is! The old scoreboard was operated by a huge desk top PC and monitor that the operators had to haul up onto the Lorne St roof each game. :laugh:

Yes I know, I was one of them! It was an Amstrad with green screen and the best graphic was the 'Attack' one with a tank firing at the goal:)

Been doing it now for probably nearly twenty years initially with Rob who now does the PA with Paul, but now i do all the programming before the game and operate it during the match.

Unfortunately, football league rules mean the time has to be stopped at 45 & 90 mins!

We must have crossed paths then because I programmed the scoreboard from 1988 until 1996.

Davo,

Personally I don't care what your opinion of me is but I do object when you try and rewrite history.

Having an opinion on what might happen in the future is something we are all entitled to and we may disagree on what that future may be, but the past is a definitive and lets just leave it as the truth and not try rewriting it.

It was your opinion that Rudge had 'lost the plot' - that's your opinion - however what is fact is that he went to Stoke who were heading rapidly towards relegation themselves until Rudge advised Pullis on the signatures of Gerry Taggart and a goalkeeper whose name slips my memory - those signings along with a couple of others stopped the rot by them keeping clean sheets and enabled the club to stay in the Championship until Mr Coates came along and we all know what happened from there.

Mr Hobblesworth stated facts whereas your opinion is just that - we will never know whether Rudge would have kept us up because he wasn't given the opportunity to do so. Jean Jackson I think it was who pointed out that we had played until that January most of the top half away and if we had gained the same results at home as we had away it would have still been enough to keep us up, but that is gain opinion I accept that.

As Mr Hobblesworth says - in the week before he was sacked that 'lost the plot' bloke had just stolen Bent from Crystal Palace and unfortunately for Bent Horton didnt rate him and played him on the wing - what happened to Bent after leaving the Vale?

Have you forgot the 3 or 4 managers Rudge worked with at Stoke before Pulis and achieved nothing ???

Agree with you Carpetman, so perhaps Mr bell might like to pay for the completion of the Lorne Street that was started under his tenure.

Maybe blue sky could finish them artificial pitches they never finished sorry started! Your dislike towards Mr Bell is there for all to see but sadly for you Dave, Mr Bell has so far been the best chairman in the history of Port Vale FC!!!

Rudge may have 'lost the plot' the season he was sacked, that is a matter of opinion. However, his past success at the club should have meant he was given the opportunity to get us back up, like he had done previously. We were always punching above our weight in that division and every year we did stay up was an achievement, especially given the quality of players we were always having to sell

I just know that i would have trusted Rudge more than anyone else to win us promotion back to the championship the following season. No one else has even come close. In fact we have been on a slippery slope ever since. Rudge may have gone a similar way to Dario and failed to repeat the magic, who knows. But the fact he wasn't even given the opportunity o rebuild is something I will never forgive Bell for.

On the subject of Bell, if he had left 4-5 seasons before he did, he would have been remembered as a vale legend, and quite rightly so. Something happened in those last few years and he went on a scorched earth policy, constantly threatening to close to club down. Whilst I will always be greatful to Bell for what he did previously his actions towards to end means his legacy will forever be tarnished, certainly in my eyes.

Archived