onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup ;Next Round...it's Sheff Utd!

ollyandpatch

Advert

Pete T,

was walking with my daughter right outside the ground immediately after the end of the game there and saw a Vale fan get mugged by a mob with not a policeman in sight - God knows where they had all disappeared to.

Really sorry, but not too surprised to hear that Dave. When I lived there it was rough. The few times I went see t'Blades with locals, the violence (I remember particularly; a nasty incident with Wolves fans about 1999) was watched and ignored by the outnumbered and disorganised south yorks finest. I made a few comments and was told in no uncertain terms "you're lucky your with us - you sound like a brummie so keep yer gob tight". Not a proud moment in my life.

So dunner get separated from your Vale mates and keep your eyes open folks.

We couldn't have had a harder tie, could we? But if we can field a decent team, Micky will have them fired up. We've beaten Tranmere, so we can beat the Blunts. And we usually play well against teams in red and white stripes.

Anything is possible with the Vale. We need to concerntrate for the first 20 then go at them. Deffo not an easy call as we have been running on confidence and a bit of luck for a while. This will be a big test. No matter what team MA can muster, it's a tough place to go. Believe me. VTID. I'll be there, work permitting, but not takin owt fer granted.

Yes, but Utd are going better this season - they're looking at around 18,000 per home game at the moment. With a good Vale following I suspect its got to be 15,000+.

Without wanting to **** on your parade fella, this time last year Sheffield utd were 5th in league 1 on 29 points. Hardly much difference.

The league game before the first round victory against Oxford (less than 8000) they drew 4-4 against Exeter in front of 17052.

Their FA Cup gates are massively down on their league gates. If you think there will be 15000 then fair play.

There wont be though. Il bet you anything you want.

Have to say a fair few Blades round here still think they're in the Premiership and NOT the third division! This is confirmed by their comments about us/the match on 'Blades mad' alreadys. They may be in for a suprise, really hope we knock them down a peg or two but not QUITE as much as the proposed new owner I'm SURE!?.......:yes:

Have to say a fair few Blades round here still think they're in the Premiership and NOT the third division! This is confirmed by their comments about us/the match on 'Blades mad' alreadys. They may be in for a suprise, really hope we knock them down a peg or two but not QUITE as much as the proposed new owner I'm SURE!?.......:yes:

To be fair to them though they're easily the biggest club outside of the Premier League and Championship.:yes:

They are probably a much bigger club than most clubs in the Championship aswell. They're averaging gates of nearly 20,000 per week at League One level.:unsure: Much more than Premier League clubs like Stoke, Wigan, Swansea, Reading and QPR were getting when they were in League One/old Division Two.

I watched the full 90mins of Sheff Utd - Oldham a few Saturday's back and the Blades are dreadful. Oldham scored a 95th minute equaliser but if they'd left with nothing it would've been a travesty.

We've really not got too much to be worried about. There's not a great deal of difference between the top end of L2 and most of L1, look at how Crewe have comfortably adapted even though they lost their best two players over the summer. The Blades have got Nick Blackman up top but other than that they've got very little to trouble us. In fact, I'll be more worried if they drop Blackman and start with Shaun Miller, who always causes us trouble and looked very lively in United's JPT win at Notts County.

It's a shame we're not going to play the biggest club in Sheffield over in Hillsborough but we'll have to make do. Let's hope they can muster up 10,000 home fans for us, so even if we lose we'll have a decent enough payday from half the gate receipts.

When will ticket news etc be announced, will it be after the clubs have agreed prices?

I see they have a ticket banding system, Category A £28.50, Category B £20.00/ £18.00 and Category C £14.00.

Crewe play there on the 20th of this month and tickets are £18 adults, £14 concessions so that would sound sensible to me.

Some interesting comments on the Blades forum. They make reference to the fact he blooded the youth while there/or gave a couple of players their first starts(Maguire and Slew(who I think has since gone to a higher league club?) which is interesting, he's never really done that with us unless he's had to. He also then went and signed a couple of their released YTS for us in Roe and James.

Not that I'm critisising Adams just an observation, he may have had no other option when at BL. Apart from Morsy he hasn't really ever played the young lads at Vale(and I think it was actually 'Lucky Jim' who gave Morsy his debut?)

Archived