onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The price of League 2 Football.

ollyandpatch

Advert

so he must be aware of the many who dont go because of the prices

how many do not go because of the prices ?

perhaps reading websites he will wonder why 6500 home fans were there v gillingham and perhaps think that increasing the funds on the footballing side to enable us to play attractive / entertaining football is the better way to go

Paul Wilde's first priority is to make Port Vale Football Club Limited sustainable, so how about dropping the gate price down by 25%?

Possibly being clever he could put up prices of drinks and pies by 25%?? Pretty sure that makes good business sense. He says he has spent hours on sites such as OVF, so he must be aware of the many who dont go because of the prices?

Sustainable means running the club at a profit and not a loss- so surely the small decrease in price would benefit the club long term?

ok so say we get an average gate of 4500 all paying roughly £20 that equates to £90k gate receipt per home game (season tickets left out for simplicity) with your suggested 25% reduction in gate prices this would mean that we would have to get a further 1500 in the ground to make the same amount of money on the gate.

If as I suspect we would probably get maybe half that, 750 more, on a regular basis this would mean that we would lose £12,250 per game, thats a lot of pies to sell at increased cost!

I think that a small reduction to say maybe £18 would be more realistic I know its only £2 reduction but its something.

Having said that I agree that as long as we are winning the price doesn't seem to bother anyone. I would think a better idea would be for somekind of offer on the 1/2 season ticket. At this time I would think that in the form we are in there should (if we carry on) get a decent amount of these sold. Its on my xmas list thats for sure.

how many do not go because of the prices ?

perhaps reading websites he will wonder why 6500 home fans were there v gillingham and perhaps think that increasing the funds on the footballing side to enable us to play attractive / entertaining football is the better way to go

Well said. It is often a well trod out line on this forum, that many dont attend because it is too dear. i got berated for saying that it is all about lifestyle choices, because some of those will spend their money elsewhere..and if it was a tenner - they would then complain the facilites are rubbish, or it is too cold.

Get attractive football, and the people will find that elusive £20.

remember, we had nigh on 9,000 on a tuesday night at £20.50 under the old regime.

People go on about the prices charged at football, and rightly so, but why is rugby never mentioned?

When i got back from Exeter the other week, i found a ticket on the floor from Gloucester rugby club for that day. The cost? £37! And they play 10 minutes less.

Where are all the people who climb the moral highground to slag football off when it comes to rugby? Just a thought.

Premiership rugby is incredibly expensive

I go to Exeter Chiefs a few times per season and it costs a fortune. My wife's brother was going to take his son to watch Sale Sharks and it was going to be £100 to get in and have a bite to eat and a soft drink each, so they didn't go.

Having said that season ticket prices are not too bad at Exeter

Starting at £280 per adult – providing you purchase or renew your season ticket early enough – you can not only watch all of the club’s Aviva Premiership games, but also three home fixtures from the pool rounds of the European Cup competition, as well as an additional two home games in the LV= Cup competition.

Season ticket holders will also get free admission to all of the club’s friendly fixtures, attendance to see the Braves in A League action, as well as discounts on buying drinks in the stadium bars and products within the club’s official Trading Post store.

But of course they play a lot less matches

£20 to get in is about what you would expect in 2012 for League two football..it is just that some clubs are very cheap - such as Burton.

I bet the Marketing Manager at the Pirelli thought by pitching the prices at this level they would get 3,500 per week?

Think is - if she puts the prices up, they will still get 2,500 home fans each week...

ok so say we get an average gate of 4500 all paying roughly £20 that equates to £90k gate receipt per home game (season tickets left out for simplicity) with your suggested 25% reduction in gate prices this would mean that we would have to get a further 1500 in the ground to make the same amount of money on the gate.

If as I suspect we would probably get maybe half that, 750 more, on a regular basis this would mean that we would lose £12,250 per game, thats a lot of pies to sell at increased cost!

I think that a small reduction to say maybe £18 would be more realistic I know its only £2 reduction but its something.

Having said that I agree that as long as we are winning the price doesn't seem to bother anyone. I would think a better idea would be for somekind of offer on the 1/2 season ticket. At this time I would think that in the form we are in there should (if we carry on) get a decent amount of these sold. Its on my xmas list thats for sure.

Slight problem with your calculation... lets say 3000 season tickets at 10 quid a game and 1,500 at 20 quid a game or better still leave the STs out and just use the 1500 who pay 20 quid.... decrease for the 1500 and an increase for everyone to recoup the 7,500 quid lost in the discount... getting complicated now..... how about keeping the 20 quid pay on the day and increasing the ST price to 15 quid a game?

Paul Wilde's first priority is to make Port Vale Football Club Limited sustainable, so how about dropping the gate price down by 25%?

Possibly being clever he could put up prices of drinks and pies by 25%?? Pretty sure that makes good business sense. He says he has spent hours on sites such as OVF, so he must be aware of the many who dont go because of the prices?

Sustainable means running the club at a profit and not a loss- so surely the small decrease in price would benefit the club long term?

Doesnt make much sense at all really as 25% of £20 is a lot more to lose, than gaining 25% of £1.50.

What i would propose is to drop gate prices to be dependant on the opposition like a lot of clubs do. So to watch vale against daggers on a tuesday night is £16 however to watch them on a saturday against say gillingham or burton would be £19. That way anyone who struggles with affording it has the opportunity to watch them for £3 pounds less in the week (possibly boosting lower crowds for week night games) and then on other higher profile games the club make that bit extra from a larger home and away crowd and small increase in gate price. It may also mean larger mid week away followings if its only £16 to get in.

I genuinely think vale is ok value for our league in comparison and i think long term a drop in prices wouldnt be that beneficial to gate increases. Only a winning team on the pitch would do that

The biggest issue i have - is not £20 to get in..it is the substandard facilities in the railway/paddock..it is shocking. the food and drink, the exit points, the toilets, and the fact we are 25 yards from the pitch.

The priority is see - hinting at PW comment on exploiting commercial activity on more than 23 games a year, is knock the stand down, build a smaller stand right on the pitch, and incorporate a gym/conference facilities/resturant etc to get more revenue through the week..and a byproduct is we are closer to the pitch to get more of an atmosphere. Think of a stand like Burton's main stand but with more seats.

Slight problem with your calculation... lets say 3000 season tickets at 10 quid a game and 1,500 at 20 quid a game or better still leave the STs out and just use the 1500 who pay 20 quid.... decrease for the 1500 and an increase for everyone to recoup the 7,500 quid lost in the discount... getting complicated now..... how about keeping the 20 quid pay on the day and increasing the ST price to 15 quid a game?

It was just a simple example as to why the 25% reduction was not possible. I did say NOT INCLUDING SEASONTICKETS TO MAKE IT SIMPLER.

Also is your suggestion to increase the season ticket prices and keep the gates the same????? Well that would never happen, and if it did then it would not be polular at all

Archived