onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Radio Stoke break the bidders privacy

Twitters

Why on earth would knowing his name now as opposed to Tuesday scupper the deal? Now that's pathetic! It was posted on a message board already, and details were on companies house website. Since when was it presses job to hold back newsworthy stories that don't really effect people's privacy? The press are not the clubs PR agents. They don't have to seek or get permission to run stories. Seriously get a grip.

It's called business confidentiality for a reason. It prevents business rivals from getting an advantage. Knowing who you are up against and their financial potential is an advantage to rival bidders. At times, it can also work to the disadvantage of creditors.

Advert

If they've been asked to respect the bidders privacy and have refused that then they could scupper the deal. It is pathetic and my other half agrees with me.

I wouldn't blame the club if they banned Radio Stoke from the press conference. They were never on the protestors side anyway and never wanted to ask tough questions of Bratt and co. At least the Sentinel came good eventually.

Don't be so silly... Vale needs all the publicity it can get... No publicity would be very harmful for the club! And if it did scupper the deal then good riddance too the PB obviously if he can handle the press or publicity then he isn't right for running a football club... But I think your really looking way too much into this... Take a step back and watch this space... What will be will be!

It's called business confidentiality for a reason. It prevents business rivals from getting an advantage. Knowing who you are up against and their financial potential is an advantage to rival bidders. At times, it can also work to the disadvantage of creditors.

If he has been accepted as prefered bidder then why would this harm a deal? The administrators have accepted the person already to the the prefered owner for Vale

Why on earth would knowing his name now as opposed to Tuesday scupper the deal? Now that's pathetic! It was posted on a message board already, and details were on companies house website. Since when was it presses job to hold back newsworthy stories that don't really effect people's privacy? The press are not the clubs PR agents. They don't have to seek or get permission to run stories. Seriously get a grip.

Have you not heard of the press code of conduct? Clearly not.

Once a preferred bidder is selected, does it matter when it is announced? As part of the process this bidder knows he will lose his privacy, whereas the others do not, so how can he complain. The main topic now for the press conference is the Business Plan and his ideas for the future of Port Vale, his background is of interest but little has to be divulged. What did we know of Bratt and Jackson?

Who is Paul Wildes?

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9493216.The_man_giving_hope_to_Quakers/

Apparently has “an enviable track record in business turnarounds and building fast-growing and sustainable companies”.

willing to pump £300,000 into Darlington, with a further £200,000 the price supporters must contribute for a 40 per cent stake.

Wildes withdrew his interest from Darlington in February when previous owner Singh refused to forfeit a figure – estimated between £1.8 million and £3 million – he had invested.

Business confidentiality yes, and somebody broke that, not radio stoke. Nothing to do with the press, as I said, they aren't our PR agents.

If they've been asked to respect the bidders privacy and have refused that then they could scupper the deal. It is pathetic and my other half agrees with me.

I knew you posted that in a serious way, but you cannot imagine how utterly hilarious that sentence is!

Well done Mark!

I would assume that when these negotiations first began, the only people who would know would be the bidder and the Admins. As matters have progressed,more and more people will have been in on it all - the Football League, lawyers and,of course, the City Council. I'm actually astonished that we got within3 days of the official announcement before the name came into the public domain.

The reason maybe that they don't want it to be announced till Tuesday is Micky has a very important game and 3points to gain and probably didn't want anything to detract from that as it would have consumed everything else and the focus would have been lost

If we had played yesterday I think the announcement would have certainly been made tomorrow without doubt

Archived