onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Radio Stoke break the bidders privacy

Twitters

Advert

Grebo, unprofessional is exactly what it ISN'T. As fans, we have a different ethical viewpoint from businessmen. That does not make either party wrong; just coming to the same end point from different directions. I, for one, am happy that whoever takes over is coming at it from a business perspective from day one. Look what happened when fans thought they could run the club.

Don't think it is gonner be problem infact am glad it is out in the open domain outside OVF, I told a few folk yesterday about you know who :) and they asked me were the info came from,when I said OVF ..... well I'll let you work out what they said :)

Mmm I can imagine grebo! Well you can go back to 'em and tell 'em " Told yaaaaaa soooooooo" then a big :razz: :D

Radio Stoke have named the bidder as Paul Wildes. If they've been asked to respect the bidders privacy as they said yesterday then that's pretty pathetic.

But did they break the privacy agreement.Did they even sign one?

Who told RS,did they break the agreement?

Radio Stoke have named the bidder as Paul Wildes. If they've been asked to respect the bidders privacy as they said yesterday then that's pretty pathetic.

Why is it pathetic. They report the news? We moan when they won't do anything mildly journalistic when MOLD were on the rampage, and now they get a story thats newsworthy and it's pathetic to run it? Should all journalists get permission to run stories or wait until official press conferences to announce stories? Bet your other half disagrees with you.

Don't think it is gonner be problem infact am glad it is out in the open domain outside OVF, I told a few folk yesterday about you know who :) and they asked me were the info came from,when I said OVF ..... well I'll let you work out what they said :)

Let me just respond to that a little pedantically...

Info came from an individual who posted it on the OVF forum NOT from OVF. OVF is not an entity that has an opinion, it is a website with a forum.

We state clearly in our rules that the site does not condone messages posted on the forum which are the personal views of individuals.

So, it's not "OVF" who broke any confidences or revealed confidential information, it was a person posted on our forum who did. Equally that person could have broken that news in a pub, on the terraces or in the workplace....

So, just like all Vale conversations in the pub, workplace etc not being the fault/responsibility of the pub or workplace where they take place and NOT the person saying them, the same rule should be applied to OVF...

Info came from an individual who posted it on the OVF forum NOT from OVF. OVF is not an entity that has an opinion, it is a website with a forum.

We state clearly in our rules that the site does not condone messages posted on the forum which are the personal views of individuals.

So, it's not "OVF" who broke any confidences or revealed confidential information, it was a person posted on our forum who did. Equally that person could have broken that news in a pub, on the terraces or in the workplace....

So, just like all Vale conversations in the pub, workplace etc not being the fault/responsibility of the pub or workplace where they take place and NOT the person saying them, the same rule should be applied to OVF...

Correct!

Sued in the morning!

I jest. But I don't see a problem with RS naming him. Everyone knows anyway, and i don't see why he needs two days of "official" privacy or what difference it makes now his name is in the media.

It still baffles me how many people fail to grasp this.

Radio Stoke have reported that they believe he is the preferred bidder.

BBC usually have to corroborate news stories from at least two sources:

1. There is a rumour that is in the public domain. Whether they got it from reading OVF or not, they probably heard it from the same source that told the person who posted it here.

2. The Companies House info in the public domain shows that Paul Wildes changed the name of one of his companies to PVFC Ltd last week. That's probably good enough for Radio Stoke to run their story.

Archived