onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How Good is it to have a Real Keeper?.

old sage

top keeper who looks very good at everything he does. Compare this to Tomlinson who almost always made the wrong decision while executing it poorly.

He really does look the real deal. Knows when to slow play down, when to play the short, quick or long pass out. Very good shot stopper and good at claiming crosses. Shrews fans claim that concentration is his only problem, but this will get better as he gains more experience. If he makes 1 error every 12 matches while playing immense in the other 11, I will deal on that every day of the week.

Keep it up Chris!

Advert

I would like to shake Tommo's hand for turning his back on Vale for those East Midlands 'Giants' Burton Albion. This perhaps was the key as to why Micky went after and got Neal in. Oh what a joy it is to have a keeper in, who you know will come and deal with crosses like 'picking cherries off the tree'.With no disrespect to Tommo and Martin both nice lads who were each decent shot stoppers but their ability to do 'the bread & butter' thing of catching crosses was woeful.

For me the goalkeeper is the number one in both position and importance to the team. He settles the whole defence with his authority and is worth as many points at the end of a season as the finest striker. Last week against Bradford is a case in question as I believe that without Neal we would have lost that game and there will be more games when he 'earns his corn' as we grind out good results due to his ability.

When we play now home or away I have no fears because I know we have a 'Real Keeper' between the sticks. Shoot his agent and sign him up for life because Neal is a 'Good Un'. Shrews manager Turner must have been mad to let him go. I say thanks mate, your loss is Vale's gain!

Good assessment--well said!

I agree with Blinkme, Tommo was praised, rightly so at the beginning but he didn't progress unfortunately, opting to concentrate on his pecks and Twitter!

Apparently Shrewsbury fans were sad to see the back of Neal (went to see Brentford v Shrews last Tuesday as my brother is a Town fan).

Neal certainly seems to be a good keeper thus far, let's hope he dunna do a Tommo!

I be honest, Neal must have had a good start to the season. After the massive mistake last week, he wasn't battered by home fans, but encouraged. This hasn't happened for years and shows how he has gained peoples respect quickly. Long may it continue!

He has had a superb start but lets not forget that a couple of years ago we were raving about having two great young goalkeepers.

They soon went downhill.

Its way too early to say hes the best since Goodlad.

Another 2 or 3 howlers like the one against Dags before xmas and we will want to be driving him out of the club.

After a full season is a good benchmark to assess him.

I'm fairly confident even at this stage to say he's better than Brain, Anyon, Martin and Tomlinson..

My point is Tosh that after 11 games Martin And Tomlinson were also talked about in the same mould.

I hope youre right and the early signs are good but il judge at the end of the season.

Archived