onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mark Caitlin

cheeky

I have just been speaking to a Bury fan at work, and apparently Mark Caitlin has resigned as a director today. The Bury fan described him as their "best director".

He was interested in investing in the Vale a couple of years ago, so I just thought I'd throw this out there given our current predicament. I must stress, I am not "in the know" and have no idea whether he would be interested in the Vale now. I just thought it was an interesting development.

Advert

I have just been speaking to a Bury fan at work, and apparently Mark Caitlin has resigned as a director today. The Bury fan described him as their "best director".

He was interested in investing in the Vale a couple of years ago, so I just thought I'd throw this out there given our current predicament. I must stress, I am not "in the know" and have no idea whether he would be interested in the Vale now. I just thought it was an interesting development.

V2001 turned down the opportunity to get him involved at Vale.

Source: Glenn Oliver.

Would love to thing he'd be interested in us again.

Yep that's right Melv.

He wanted to invest and take on the role of Commercial Director. 'Apparently' he was told they could not accept his money because it might have affected a bigger investment.

It seems that bigger investment turned out to £0.00 and Stan Meigh took on the Commercial Role. Meigh's most success commercial activity was to hire out Vales' long ladders for building work on a major project in Blackpool :ninja:

Bury Football Club are sorry to have to announce the resignation of Mark Catlin from the Board of Directors.

Mark joined the club at the end of October 2009 and has asked that the following statement be issued on his behalf.

“I would like to thank everyone associated at the club for what has been my near three year spell as a director.

A few months ago I spoke to Chairman Brian (Fenton) and explained that it was becoming increasingly difficult for me to give 100% commitment as a director due to my own personal and business pressures.

Brian has done all that he can to convince me to stay these last few months, but I have made it clear to him that unless I can commit and give the full 100% (that I believe is required) then I am doing myself and the club a disservice.

It’s been a really tough emotional decision as Shakers fans have always been brilliant with me, and that is going to be the hardest part of my resigning, along with working alongside some great staff at the club.

I will still try to attend as many games as possible, and have offered to continue to help Bury FC as much as I possibly can away from being a director.

If I have one final wish it would be that supporters now unite behind Brian and the board and back them in the crucial decisions that they will undoubtedly need to make over the coming weeks.”

V2001 turned down the opportunity to get him involved at Vale.

Source: Glenn Oliver.

Would love to thing he'd be interested in us again.

Bill Bratt turned him away, Oliver knew nothing of him and called me a liar on here for posting what had happened. Oliver only found out a number of months later when Jamie Barnett set him up with a meeting with Mark Catlin at the season opener at Bury. So your source is not only deluded but a liar also.

Bury Football Club are sorry to have to announce the resignation of Mark Catlin from the Board of Directors.

Mark joined the club at the end of October 2009 and has asked that the following statement be issued on his behalf.

“I would like to thank everyone associated at the club for what has been my near three year spell as a director.

A few months ago I spoke to Chairman Brian (Fenton) and explained that it was becoming increasingly difficult for me to give 100% commitment as a director due to my own personal and business pressures.

Brian has done all that he can to convince me to stay these last few months, but I have made it clear to him that unless I can commit and give the full 100% (that I believe is required) then I am doing myself and the club a disservice.

It’s been a really tough emotional decision as Shakers fans have always been brilliant with me, and that is going to be the hardest part of my resigning, along with working alongside some great staff at the club.

I will still try to attend as many games as possible, and have offered to continue to help Bury FC as much as I possibly can away from being a director.

If I have one final wish it would be that supporters now unite behind Brian and the board and back them in the crucial decisions that they will undoubtedly need to make over the coming weeks.”

Having just read that I cant help thinking that I have read that before(deja vu).

What are your thoughts on Micky Adams so far this season cheeky?

Lets get his name right.........It's Mark Catlin.

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/mark-catlin/48/7bb/498

Owner/Managing Director

Inter Euro Telecoms Limited

November 2010– Present (1 year 11 months)UK

Inter Euro Telecoms, owner of the following companies; Digital Voice, Alliband UK, PSIFX, and Soccertel.

Director

Bury Football Club

November 2009– Present (2 years 11 months)Bury

Director directly responsible for; Commercial, Marketing, PR, Communications.

Owner

Telitec Connections S.L.

2004– Present (8 years)Moraira, Spain

Ultimate responsibility for one of Spain's largest telecommunications and IT companies.

Archived