onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mark Caitlin

cheeky

Because he says his source is Glenn Oliver and the statement he attributes to him is a load of ******** as I point out with the facts in my post

I'm quite confused by your comments Tim.

Glenn admitted that the Vale board turned Caitlin down. Whether or not he knew anything about it at the time, he still said it as it was when he told me this the week prior to the EGM He acknowledged it was a mistake as far as I remember and said he knew nothing about it when the deal was on the table, blaming Bratt (again, as far as I remember).

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

Advert

Anybody who questions shearer's credentials as a manager clearly knows nothing about football. The players loved him' date=' the fans loved him, they played liquid football. What more do you want? You ask a Geordie what they think of Alan shearer and then you will get your answer on how good he was.[/quote']

:doh::doh::doh: :laugh:

I'm quite confused by your comments Tim.

Glenn admitted that the Vale board turned Caitlin down. Whether or not he knew anything about it at the time, he still said it as it was when he told me this the week prior to the EGM He acknowledged it was a mistake as far as I remember and said he knew nothing about it when the deal was on the table, blaming Bratt (again, as far as I remember).

T

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

Not contradicting myself, in your original post you said Glenn had said V2001 had turned Catlin away, inferring the whole board were involved. You now say he told you it was Bratt who turned him away (which is the real truth). Hope that makes sense.

In fairness Tim, Glenn has been known to tell the odd lie in the past so he may well have been lying to you about this.

Anything is possible with that ****er.

I'm pretty confident he knew nothing about it based on posts he made about me, pms he sent me, conversations he had with other people he considered friends (one of which setup the meeting with Mark Catlin and Glenn), comments made by Mark Catlin to me in emails and more importantly Bratts anger when he was rumbled.

Bratts line then was, mark Catlin was turned away as one of the conditions of his investment was that he would become chairman, this was a blatant lie as Mark wanted a position of director in charge of marketing, as he later became at Bury. Bratt claimed he had a letter proving Mark Catlin wanted to be chairman but when challenged to show it to someone, he mysteriously couldn't put his hand on it!

Not contradicting myself, in your original post you said Glenn had said V2001 had turned Catlin away, inferring the whole board were involved. You now say he told you it was Bratt who turned him away (which is the real truth). Hope that makes sense.

Sorry, I misread your post, you are still saying the whole board turned down Catlin (except Glenn) because Glenn didn't know and he blamed Bratt? If that is so he was lying as no other board members were involved. Bratt turned Catlin down on the spot and when this became public knowledge it caused Bratt problems with other board members. Many sources can confirm this

Yes it makes sense.

I've just taken Bratt to be representing the board, aswell as the supporters. He didn't do either very well did he?! For Us All. :laugh:

I can't remember Glenn's exact words as they came within a barage of propaganda as it was approaching the EGM.

He basically admitted that Caitlan had proposed to invest in / buy the Vale. He admitted rejecting him was a mistake. I forget whether he had known about it at the time though I've got a feeling he said he didn't.

Archived