onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mark Caitlin

cheeky

Actually, it is worth considering that the squad is not that much different from last year, the manager is the same as last year so perhaps there is a third factor here making a difference and it's not just down to Micky - much as he deserves credit for the good start?

it is very different from last season. The players that have come in have been a vast improvement, along with Morsy coming on leaps and bounds. We have also changed the formation. What are you suggesting this third factor is? Actually, what are all 3 factors?

Micky did very well last season considering we weren't allowed to sign any players and nobody was getting paid. Relegation was a very real danger had another Manager been in charge.

Advert

it is very different from last season. The players that have come in have been a vast improvement, along with Morsy coming on leaps and bounds. We have also changed the formation. What are you suggesting this third factor is? Actually, what are all 3 factors?

Micky did very well last season considering we weren't allowed to sign any players and nobody was getting paid. Relegation was a very real danger had another Manager been in charge.

Still off topic but why has it taken Micky 3 years to work out that Vale park is wide?

Still off topic but why has it taken Micky 3 years to work out that Vale park is wide?

I think it is more to do with the fact we have 2 decent wingers now. Not Rob Taylor and A N Other. Also with Shuker, Morsy and Clayton we have players in the middle who can pick a pass out wide and not just hoof it up for Pope to knock down to Richards.

Nevertheless' date=' why was Micky subject to criticism? Surely then, the 'third factor' should have bore the brunt of cheeky's disgruntlements.[/quote']

But if Micky appointed the previous third factor in the first place?!

Folk talk about all the new players but is it not the case that a number of those new players arrived or have got places in the team because some of the lads Micky wanted to keep didn't actually stay?

I'm not disputing that we have made an excellent start. I'm not disputing that Micky Adams deserves credit for this. I do, however, agree with Nick - why has it taken him so long to realise that Vale Park is suited to proper wingers rather than midfielders playing wide!!

'Third factor' (by which I assume you mean Horse) or not, there are new players in key roles.

We saw a bit of what Myrie-Williams can do while he was here on loan last season, and we looked a better outfit with him in it. Now he's here full time we're definitely the better for it. Going forward we're playing a totally different style, and given a new goalkeeper which inspires confidence in the defence I'm not surprised we're doing better.

What has all this to do with Mark Catlin though? :offtopic:

What has all this to do with Mark Catlin though? :offtopic:

Absolutely nothing. The ususal suspects however, have hijacked a thread to push their own propoganda as they seem to want to keep a divided fan base. For what reason I don't know. But it clearly shows they care more about personal grudges than the future of PVFC.

Absolutely nothing. The ususal suspects however, have hijacked a thread to push their own propoganda as they seem to want to keep a divided fan base. For what reason I don't know. But it clearly shows they care more about personal grudges than the future of PVFC.

Have to agree there Cheeky, too many threads seem to descend into arguments which have little to do with the thread topic and more about personal online battles.

I think Mr Catlin would be an interesting twist if he was looking to invest in PVFC, either on his own or as part of a consortium.

His commercial ideas and nous would be the push this club needs to bring in the extra cash to move the club forward.

Propaganda? Pro-Micky propaganda? Ok, I’m guilty. But I’m totally justified in being guilty as he is a great Manager for any league 2 club to have and if it was down to clowns like you, he wouldn’t be here anymore.

As for going on about a divided fan base I really don’t know what you mean. It only seems to be you that doesn’t want Micky as Manager anymore. 6000:1 ratio isn’t too bad.

Cheers

Boomer’s Vet

Propaganda? Pro-Micky propaganda? Ok, I’m guilty. iBut I’m totally justified in being guilty as he is a great Manager for any league 2 club to have and if it was down to clowns like you, he wouldn’t be here anymore.

As for going on about a divided fan base I really don’t know what you mean. It only seems to be you that doesn’t want Micky as Manager anymore. 6000:1 ratio isn’t too bad.

Cheers

Boomer’s Vet

Good manager...not great manager. Think Micky has done an excellent job...so far this season no1 can distubute that but he's far from great and hopefully we will so that come may time. But the "I love to bum Micky Adams" brigade that shoot people down on here when they have a opinion of him either rightly or wrongly is really really sad

Archived