onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bycars Tonight

andy jones

Anybody go in Bycars tonight who normally doesn't?

If so, did you enjoy being there.

I'm just one of those saddo oldies who really misses the fact that our vocal support isn't behind the goal in the home end.

Just doesn't seem right to me that you are all sat in the Railway Paddock - only owd 'uns used to go in there.

Advert

I think most of the lads who create the atmosphere in the Paddock had after school detention after getting over excited about how big the year 10 girls **** had got over the summer.

Its the first time I've been in the Bycars for a few years, but the view made me appreciate how much work Suker puts in across the pitch. Pope looked a worse player, but it's hard to tell if he had an off game or not. My view for the free-kick was no doubt far better from the Bycars than if I'd been sitting in the Paddock, but the atmosphere was pretty dire on the whole. We've only got one song when the Paddock isn't open.

i like the bycars was good to be in there with a few people in for a change sat right at the back in the middle of the goal the view was very good especially of the free kick

as others said shame the singers didn't get together in there last night maybe the club could try promote it in some way for the next JPT game if at home and the railway is closed again

The atmosphere was pretty poor in the bycars last night compared to the paddock and I can't stand the view so I don't think up ever be a bycars lad

The view is the problem with the Bycars, the perspective just isn't right. I remember going to Sheffiekd United in the early 90's I think and having to go up, up and up again and almost getting vertigo in the steep stand but the match view was amazing - if only we had that.

I've only ever been in the Bycars about 10 times in maybe 800-900 or more games seen at Vale (very very rough estimate of total games that is), the Railway Paddock standing or Lorne Street open Hamil half were my preferred with an occasional Railway Stand seat.

Plus a couple of silly goes in the away stand where we went to see what it was like when the new stand was opened and the opposition didnt bring many.

Tried the family stand too, very strange that corner view. I'm not fond of the new Lorne Street stand, being a touch over 6ft and having long legs means the seats are cramped unless you get a prized end seat.

Just once had the privelege of the exec area at top of Lorne st, which I must say was a stunning view but health issues have meant visits are rarer now and has to be Railway Stand as there are rows with room in front - I hope to get back to better or near full walking mobility before the end of this season and have set myself a target to try out each stand at leats once more, even the Bycars !

Last thought - the good ol' days when you could change ends at half time and a parade of hard core Vale fans went from the Bycars to the other end along the front of the Railway Paddock led by a very distinctive lad (was his name Jinxy or similar) - when was this stopped - Id guess early 70s, perhaps after the Bolton end of season violence about 72/3 ish - can anyone remember ?

Anybody go in Bycars tonight who normally doesn't?

If so, did you enjoy being there.

I'm just one of those saddo oldies who really misses the fact that our vocal support isn't behind the goal in the home end.

Just doesn't seem right to me that you are all sat in the Railway Paddock - only owd 'uns used to go in there.

I trust you had a good view of the Bycars from your box!

They should keep the railway closed throughout this JPT run, even if we get to the latter stages. It'd be great to get 3,000+ in there.

I have to agree with that.

You could say that cramming everyone together would have a negative effect on atmosphere, but it would be no different to the Bradford away game in the JPT a few season ago where Harlequin paid for the coaches. The stadium is way too big, but the 1k+ Vale fans had a great time in the away end.

I find the Bycars a bit soulless tbh. I agree with david to a point it just doesn't seem right for a 'behind the goal' stand as the gradient is all wrong imo and it is far too big for our current needs. Coupled with the lack of people who go in there on a regular basis it is a shame as back in the day(god that makes me feel old) it used to be great seeing it fuller although personally I only sat in there on the odd occasion.

I thinks it's one of those stands where the change from terracing to seating hasn't helped it.

Archived