onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the apology thread

mr burslem

With regard to the current takeover disaster movie, will those who took the mickey out of more sceptical posters on OVF be posting their humble apologies to the 'moaners' who now turn out to have been right all along?

I was mildly sceptical, but not as much as I obviously should have been; and I'll start the apologies, since I fell for all this 'pen pushers at the FL'/ 'need more paperwork'/'Ever bought a house?' business, when we all should have been saying 'Pull the other one.'

Advert

Can't be doing with this 'I was right and you were wrong' nonsense. No one likes a gloater why not just accept that despite people having differing opinions on the subject you are all Vale fans wanting the same outcome, namely a financially stable club for the long term........

I wasn't right; I was too ready to swallow the hype, and I'm admitting it. I think we should, and in future we should be less gullible next time: for the sake of the club.

It's not about being right or wrong.

Keith deserved a bit of faith at the start.

There should have been milestones built into the takeover process which would have caused smaller alarm bells to start ringing a month, six weeks, two months earlier.

Didn't mean you particularly just the whole one upmanship in general. Basically there are two types of people, your glass half full types and your glass half empty types. One group will always look for the positives and the other will naturally be cynical. That's just how it goes.......

Yes - maybe. (By the way: I don't know where I got 'Ian' from!) I just wanted to believe it, but I feel ****** stupid for having done so.....

SEO was always going to result in administration, the vast majority of OVF supported SEO.

The current situation we are in is typical of administration, not one element of this process has surprised me. Like it or not supporters are the least important part of this process; creditors, employees and a new buyer are the main concerns of the appointed administrator. If your local high street shop goes into admin, as a customer you don't expect to be given a day by day update - some people on here need to wake up to the realities of admin...be careful what you wish for.

I still think that Ryder will take over and despite the grumblings from the SC and OVF it will be deemed to be a successful process.

Archived