onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

the apology thread

mr burslem

Didn't mean you particularly just the whole one upmanship in general. Basically there are two types of people, your glass half full types and your glass half empty types. One group will always look for the positives and the other will naturally be cynical. That's just how it goes.......

Don't agree with you because there is only one option and that is that you have a half, that's all, it's just a half and nothing more.

Advert

Apology thread - no thanks. The moaning few just guessed lucky, and they are having their reward by gloating about (probably) being right and dont give a flying **** about Port Vale as long as they get their moment in the limelight again.

How about apologies to Bob Young, apologies to the Football league - both of whom have been blamed for dragging their feet, when it seems from the BBC clip above that no such thing happened.

Plus an apology from the emailers, who Young says stop him naming the new parties, and also drove one away previously.

You're probably the nastiest piece of work on this website.

Am i missing something here? Bob Young said Ryder could still take over, yet someone's starting an apology thread, for what? Having an opinion? There's been a lot of guess work by some people on here regarding Ryder failing to deliver, but that's just it, guess work. Nobody as said why the deal would collapse & as Bob Young doesn't even know, i doubt anybody else (apart from Ryder) does either?

Unless that person would like to enlighten us all now of course? Maybe Mr Burslem would like tell us as he's the one suggesting that apologies are needed for some individual posters?

Sorry for any misunderstanding, Markvaliant. My post was begun because the anti-sceptic opinions were often expressed sarcastically, as I hope my examples showed, whereas the sceptical ones sounded (to me, at least) more tentative.

I absolutely agree with you, the fan base will probably never have unity again. Some should just be careful that the blame for this that they spray around falls where it belongs, not just on V2001.

If it is true that Chaudry never really had any intention to buy Vale but just wanted publicity, could it be that some of this is his fault too?

I do not think for one minute that it was a publicity stunt for Chaudry. Ask yourself.... publicity for what exactly?

Unfortunately the club has coasted along for many years. Happy to stay in league 1. Happy to get relegated. Happy to have manager after manager. Happy to watch our neighbours rise to premier league stablilty and Europa league.

The majority wanted better but were happy to plod on. Therefore was born the term "Happy Clappers"

Then unrest started with a few hundred fans who wanted better. They demonstrated. They wanted the board gone. They wanted the club to rise! Make no mistake, those supporters who fought tooth and nail were not to blame for anything. I truly believe we would have been in bigger trouble if they didnt force the board out.

Bill Bratt who many see as a saviour actually employed Perry Deakin to start the huge demise. I could mention the managers he employed and sacked along the way after 25 years of stability but i wont.

The legacy of Bill Bratt and co will live long n the memory. Its tore this club apart.

Now, we all want the same thing but it goes like this. Somebody posts that the deal will be done in 2 days time..."Thank god for that" we cry.

Somebody then posts....."Sorry guys but the deal is dead"..... "Source" we shout.... "Stop spreading rumours" is quoted.

The difference?............

Nothing.

Both rumours.

However, the first one is what people WANT to hear.

The second?..... Well, youre just a **** stirring old protestor if youre posting the second.... And thats what i think the poster is getting at.

"We are all Vale arent we" is a common expression of ours.

Sadly.............. No we are not.

I do not think for one minute that it was a publicity stunt for Chaudry. Ask yourself.... publicity for what exactly?

Unfortunately the club has coasted along for many years. Happy to stay in league 1. Happy to get relegated. Happy to have manager after manager. Happy to watch our neighbours rise to premier league stablilty and Europa league.

The majority wanted better but were happy to plod on. Therefore was born the term "Happy Clappers"

Then unrest started with a few hundred fans who wanted better. They demonstrated. They wanted the board gone. They wanted the club to rise! Make no mistake, those supporters who fought tooth and nail were not to blame for anything. I truly believe we would have been in bigger trouble if they didnt force the board out.

Bill Bratt who many see as a saviour actually employed Perry Deakin to start the huge demise. I could mention the managers he employed and sacked along the way after 25 years of stability but i wont.

The legacy of Bill Bratt and co will live long n the memory. Its tore this club apart.

Now, we all want the same thing but it goes like this. Somebody posts that the deal will be done in 2 days time..."Thank god for that" we cry.

Somebody then posts....."Sorry guys but the deal is dead"..... "Source" we shout.... "Stop spreading rumours" is quoted.

The difference?............

Nothing.

Both rumours.

However, the first one is what people WANT to hear.

The second?..... Well, youre just a **** stirring old protestor if youre posting the second.... And thats what i think the poster is getting at.

"We are all Vale arent we" is a common expression of ours.

Sadly.............. No we are not.

That makes a lot of sense. My whole objection was to the condescending tone of some posters. But we ARE all Vale, I hope. THAT'S why the insults (and some of them were) need to stop.

Didn't mean you particularly just the whole one upmanship in general. Basically there are two types of people, your glass half full types and your glass half empty types. One group will always look for the positives and the other will naturally be cynical. That's just how it goes.......

my accountant wanted to know what I was doing with a glass twice as big as what i needed.

I know in my mind I had some concerns when I saw what Keith Ryder was in life - a management consultant at troubled companies etc. No doubt that provides a good living, business opportunities and contacts. But in my opinion to take on a risk like Port Vale, you need to be very cash rich and wealthy, either personally, or as a much larger business buying Port Vale as an entertainment and sporting subsiduary.

When someone says MC is worth £60 million, not promoting him personally he can do that himself, that is the sort of wealth I think of. Even then that won't be all cash, but tied up in many assets that are not easy to quickly move round.

So I reject the "I told you so crowd" because I think Keith Ryder has tried to finalise the takeover and made a genuine effort. He may yet be successful. But if he is I worry, despite the fair play rule and wage cap in 2012/13, that it needs someone with serious financial muscle to ride out the rough times at Port Vale, to be speculative in investing to improve the club and to have a firewall so that a bad time somewhere else in their life or business doesn't immediately bring them to having to parachute out of Port Vale.

I know in my mind I had some concerns when I saw what Keith Ryder was in life - a management consultant at troubled companies etc. No doubt that provides a good living, business opportunities and contacts. But in my opinion to take on a risk like Port Vale, you need to be very cash rich and wealthy, either personally, or as a much larger business buying Port Vale as an entertainment and sporting subsiduary.

When someone says MC is worth £60 million, not promoting him personally he can do that himself, that is the sort of wealth I think of. Even then that won't be all cash, but tied up in many assets that are not easy to quickly move round.

So I reject the "I told you so crowd" because I think Keith Ryder has tried to finalise the takeover and made a genuine effort. He may yet be successful. But if he is I worry, despite the fair play rule and wage cap in 2012/13, that it needs someone with serious financial muscle to ride out the rough times at Port Vale, to be speculative in investing to improve the club and to have a firewall so that a bad time somewhere else in their life or business doesn't immediately bring them to having to parachute out of Port Vale.

Excellent (and informative, to me) -thanks, Warren.

Archived