onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

Advert

My over-riding memory of TP was away at Dag & Red last season. He had a wonder strike just tipped ove the bar by their keeper. How the eff the keeper got to it I dunner know! if that had gone in, it could have been a whole different end of season for the Pope. Personally I think he's a battler (on the pitch :ninja: ) and an asset if their defence is BIG n nasty. There are few players in L2 with Rico's ball skills, so comparison is worthless. He will be better this season than last - convinced of that much!

Alls I can say is that there are some embarrassing fans on here eg vale fan in alsager who has never posted a sensible post and now boomers vet... I'm sorry but the ***** you've posted is ludicrous and thuggish l,your obviously a 15 year old kid thinking your a big man

I also agree. He is going to have a good season with us. The season hasn't kicked off yet and already we are slagging him off !!

I'm not slagging him off football wise if you see my earlier post. I think he may have a decent season but when people say that thuggish behaviour is correct and that it will scare opposition keepers and that he got 25 assists is just bull ****

Everyone does things that occasionally break the law from time to time' date=' but we don’t always have a sneaky camera recording it all do we. Give the lad a break. He is a naturally aggressive person but he does his best to tame it. Give him some credit for gods sake. I am half tempted to email that youtube video to each goalkeeper the eve before their matches against us. That would really have them rushing for the bogg. lol[/quote']

Oh yeah I'm sure keepers will be ****ting themselves

I'd like to go on record saying that Pope is better than the majority think he is.

He has a good football brain and will definitely be an asset to the team with his assists and goals this season.

Agree with that.

Pope's not and will never be a good player, or anything like. However, with the right service, what he can be is effective. I'm sure as a striker he wasn't all that happy with his goal return last season. He should be more than capable of scoring 15 goals, and if whoever starts next to him can score 20+ then that will do nicely. I think Vincent/Myrie Williams will certainly chip in with a few more goals than the likes of Haldane and Taylor have in the last couple of seasons from out wide.

I'd like to go on record saying that Pope is better than the majority think he is.

He has a good football brain and will definitely be an asset to the teamAt with his assists and goals this season.

at last someone with a brain thank god.

Spot on hope Popey doesn't read this thread,lets slag our own off bet u who slag the players r the ones who just sit there moaning ,encouragement is required for all that wear the Vale shirt regardless of what's good or bad about there ability ,for the record great football teams don't necessarily have the best footballers they have the strongest characters ,will to win etc etc

Goarrrnnnnn Popey

Didn't you do that with our best player all last season?

Personally I think if used right, along with the wingers on our big pitch, he should offer more than he did last season.

What so that makes it right? He wouldn't have done it if there was no camera, to be honest he shouldn't be doing that at all. He wasn't pushed to breaking point he was with his mates and took their thuggish behaviour out on someone else

Boomers vet is thecharlatans and is getting his usual kick out of going on a wind up. Strange how he chooses a vale website and not a stoke one to do that.

Archived