onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

I’ve met Popey couple of times and he’s a gentle giant really. His fight in Hanley was down to a break down in communication and he just snapped unfortunately. Everyone has a breaking point and Popey was just unlucky he got clocked on CCTV.

I’ve never really considered him for being captain but he certainly does have the ingredients required. Good communicator, authoritive personality, popular, gives his all, loves the Vale. Being a striker though, this could go against him as he doesn’t get to see the game unfolding in front of him.

Advert

He's also an excellent communicator on the pitch and a shout for the captaincy I think this season.

How can he be captain when he is on the bench. He scored a few goals against a toss team, he will never be Marc Richards end of.

If he doesnt score he is slated,if he does he will never be a richards....*** .

Well done Pope for scoring 4 goals... Full credit to him... Thing is the team he played are PART-TIME footballers... When he rolls in 4 past a team that has a combined team of about £10,000 I will take my hat off to him... I'm not going too applaude him properly until he proves that he can score more than 5 in a poor league 2 league....

And for they guy that sort of compares Popes record too David Beckham... You are a complete an utter nutter!!! You say there is a reason Rotherham paid 250k.... And there was also a reason they let him go for free??.....

Well done Pope for scoring 4 goals... Full credit to him... Thing is the team he played are PART-TIME footballers... When he rolls in 4 past a team that has a combined team of about £10,000 I will take my hat off to him... I'm not going too applaude him properly until he proves that he can score more than 5 in a poor league 2 league....

And for they guy that sort of compares Popes record too David Beckham... You are a complete an utter nutter!!! You say there is a reason Rotherham paid 250k.... And there was also a reason they let him go for free??.....

he had a big fall out. it was down to his popularity rather than footballing ability that they got rid. He ****** hated it up at rotherham. Boslem boy born and bread innit

Ok I will get behind him because he's a Vale fan..... Lmfao....

Not trying too dig at him but for me like Adams... He has this season too prove himself without the Richards knocking in the goals for him... If he knocks in more than 10 league goals I will be happy... with the quality we now have down the wings there should be plenty of opportunities too him knock more than 10 in.... If he keeps spooning like last season he should be shipped out

Ok I will get behind him because he's a Vale fan..... Lmfao....

Not trying too dig at him but for me like Adams... He has this season too prove himself without the Richards knocking in the goals for him... If he knocks in more than 10 league goals I will be happy... with the quality we now have down the wings there should be plenty of opportunities too him knock more than 10 in.... If he keeps spooning like last season he should be shipped out

didn't he get something like 25 assists last season? Not bad going if you ask me. Any holes a goal

He reminds me a bit of Lee Mills. He's very selfless and 100% team focussed though and this holds him back from being as prolific as Lee. If he can get central and we can get the crosses in, he has the attributes to be a 20 goal a season striker. His heading ability is up there with Mills. More to come from the Pope. Watch this space.

As far as Tom Pope is concerned, for me the jury is still out. IMO it very much depends on whether the shape of the side on the field suits his style and whether or not he receives the service he needs.

Yes, he only scored five last season, but in a side with a midfield geared up to stop rather than to play forward. One thing that Micky has done is to bring in ball players like JMW (we were better with him in the side before the money ran out) and Tom's worth to the side may well be proven - or otherwise - in the coming season.

I agree but maybe finding the net in pre season will give him the boost he needs,I think this year will be his last chance tbh.

Richards was no martin foyle Imo :razz:

He reminds me a bit of Lee Mills. He's very selfless and 100% team focussed though and this holds him back from being as prolific as Lee. If he can get central and we can get the crosses in' date=' he has the attributes to be a 20 goal a season striker. His heading ability is up there with Mills. More to come from the Pope. Watch this space.[/quote']

You wont find many people that can disagree with that, and then justify it. He certainly has the ability in his locker to hurt defenders and strike fear into goalkeepers. I remember when Lee Mills pole-axed a keeper once before. If we can get Popey using his strength and fighting skills in a similar way, we could be on to a winner. I am going to put a modest wager on Popey scoring the most headers in League 2 next season

he had a big fall out. it was down to his popularity rather than footballing ability that they got rid. He ****** hated it up at rotherham. Boslem boy born and bread innit

What so it had nothing to do with his appalling goal scoring record there, a player that the Rotherham fans called their worst ever, yeah he's a real asset to any league two team, the fans hated him up Rotherham because he was **** end of ... Dont start with this born and bred **** again, we had this all last season "he hasn't scored in 12 games, but he supports the club so let's get behind him" **** off! It dosent make a difference whether he supports the vale or not! Anyway pope was no where near good enough last year, I certainly hope this year he can at least bag double figures, looks fit when I've seen him but to be honest he isn't gonna be starting when dickinson and maybe Purcell join.

Archived