onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol statement

Doha

13 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I refer you to a film... The damned united. 

Nothing to do with the owner. BB tryed to sort out what were personality clashes and power games in the dressing room. 

Are you going to blame BB for for everything which happened negatively between 2000 to 2011...but not give any credit for what results did go right? At least the club went through a very dark ocean full of icebergs.. And BB steered the club clear of them... Credit where credits due. 

Bull if was up to me you would be in prison as you are a cheap crook 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Advert

I refer you to a film... The damned united. 
Nothing to do with the owner. BB tryed to sort out what were personality clashes and power games in the dressing room. 
Are you going to blame BB for for everything which happened negatively between 2000 to 2011...but not give any credit for what results did go right? At least the club went through a very dark ocean full of icebergs.. And BB steered the club clear of them... Credit where credits due. 
No credit whatsoever.......

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

Why do you have to be so angry all the time, in making your point?  Name calling etc. It gets old. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

I'm not angry all the time - but, bad manners...intolerance...hypocrisy...tend to have that effect on me. You never done any name-calling on here? Really?

53 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Do not mis-quote me, I never said "owner or CEO of Port Vale wouldn't tell us about them".

I or nobody else should be told about them,, it should be kept all in house until a time when the club is ready to sell the club or accept investment into the club.

People are assuming that no one is willing to buy the club just because the club have not mentioned it, does not mean that people have not approached the club about buying the club.

So, you and many other fans are wrong on that point.

The vast majority of the clubs have good owners. In fact, I would suggest that most of the owners of Football League clubs are not "low-lifes" such as Smurthwaite or Bratt.

Unless you actually Carol or a director of the club, how do you know exactly what type of people are interested in buying Port Vale unless you are actually involved at the club at Director level?

"I'm just further stressing that we, the supporters as a whole, shouldn't hold false views about there being loads of genuine buyers out there who are interested in taking over Port Vale for constructive reasons, because there aren't."

Again, without being involved at Director level at the club, how would you know?

With how you write posts, you are involved in the club either that being that you are Carol, on the board of Directors or you are Matt Hancock. I would be interested to know which one of those is you.

Brian, your exact words -
“Also, you can not make a statement like "I don't see many people banging on the door to buy this place" why would you? Are you the owner or CEO of Port Vale? No, of course you are not. So you will not have any knowledge if anybody wants to buy or invest in the football club.”

I don’t misquote people, instead I always try to debate honestly.

That’s a direct quote of what you said - the owner or CEO would know about any interest in buying the club but would not share that knowledge with the supporters.

I also don’t direct abuse at fellow Vale supporters, as you are very given to doing.

You have already had my answer to your latest attack - I have never worked at the club and never will, because I work elsewhere.

I have also never met any of the Shanahans or Matt Hancock or anyone else on the board or management of the club.

I’d be obliged if you would accept those facts.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alan Vit said:

"I'm just further stressing that we, the supporters as a whole, shouldn't hold false views about there being loads of genuine buyers out there who are interested in taking over Port Vale for constructive reasons, because there aren't."

Again, without being involved at Director level at the club, how would you know?

By applying common sense analysis  to the facts.

Firstly, a would-be owner has to have wealth of at least £10 million or so in order to be able to put in an offer to buy and then run the club.

Secondly, that owner has to be prepared to take on a loss-making business which they will have to subsidise to the tune of £1 million or more each year.

Such people who would do so for genuine reasons of wanting to build up the club are very rare.

That doesn’t mean that none at all exist, for instance Ian Donaldson the insurance bloke always comes across as very genuine, if Carol and he ever in future come to any sort of working agreement.

But they are the exception rather than the rule.

So back to my original point, we are very lucky to have someone genuine like Carol owning our club.

22 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

“Also, you can not make a statement like "I don't see many people banging on the door to buy this place" why would you? Are you the owner or CEO of Port Vale? No, of course you are not. So you will not have any knowledge if anybody wants to buy or invest in the football club.”

That’s a direct quote of what you said - the owner or CEO would know about any interest in buying the club but would not share that knowledge with the supporters.

I also don’t direct abuse at fellow Vale supporters, as you are very given to doing.

You have already had my answer to your latest attack - I have never worked at the club and never will, because I work elsewhere.

I have also never met any of the Shanahans or Matt Hancock or anyone else on the board or management of the club.

I’d be obliged if you would accept those facts.

So, in short, you have no idea, what soever, of who could be potentially interested in owning Port Vale now or in the past.

You are just basing it on your own without substance theories.

Thank you clearing that up

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Its not how you interpreted before. Thank you for putting that right.

P.S. I have not abused you. No apology needed though

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Not likely to sign many players in May

Yeah, and...?!

The release of the retained list (/transfer listing players) will be a signal of the club's intentions of clearing out as much of this dross squad as possible, so if they want to maximise selling season tickets its pretty bleedin' obvious that they should be doing this very soon after the season, and certainly before the end of May! 🥴

• Like 5

@Brian Johnson

In fact, it’s not even necessary to be hypothetical about would-be owners of football clubs being self-serving low-lifes.

Take an hour and do some reading about the actions of some people who, in the last 30 years or so, actually managed to take over some clubs.

Here are some club names to get you started -

Rochdale

Blackpool 

Mansfield

Crystal Palace

Bury

Wigan

Coventry

Hartlepool 

Cardiff

Portsmouth 

Chester

Wrexham

Edited by Alan Vit

19 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Its not how you interpreted before. Thank you for putting that right.

P.S. I have not abused you. No apology needed though

OK, Brian, your standards are clear to see.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

@Brian Johnson

In fact, it’s not even necessary to be hypothetical about would-be owners of football clubs.

Take an hour and do some reading about the actions of some people who, in the last 30 years or so, actually managed to take over some clubs.

Rochdale

Blackpool 

Mansfield

Crystal Palace

Bury

Wigan

Coventry

Hartlepool 

Cardiff

Portsmouth 

Chester

Wrexham

Blackpool currently have great owners

Mansfield Town have had great owners for a number of years now

Crystal Palace have got good owners and have had them for a number of years

Coventry have had great owners for a number of years now

Wrexham have had great owners for 3 years now

Portsmouth have had great owners for a number of years now which is a continuation of the guy that wanted to invest in Port Vale but got rebuffed so brought Portsmouth instead

Chester have been run really well fro the past 7 years or more now

Would you like me to do a list of clubs that have ace owners to combat your's?

17 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

@Brian Johnson

In fact, it’s not even necessary to be hypothetical about would-be owners of football clubs.

Rochdale

Blackpool 

Mansfield

Crystal Palace

Bury

Wigan

Coventry

Hartlepool 

Cardiff

Portsmouth 

Chester

Wrexham

These boys are not from Boslem, so, we would not be interested 

• Like 1

Disappointing from hammering at BARNSLEY on worst opening day defeat for any football league club since 1961, to the fact that Vale have failed to achieve a midweek league victory in over two seasons. Culminating with only two league victories in 2024. To say that the league One season has been embarrassing is an understatement for all Vale fans.

Carol Shannahan does LOVE PORT VALE, but unfortunately she doesn't have enough knowledge to run a successful football club and with the shocking Director of Football Dave Flitcroft, has undermined PVFC. His departure could not come soon enough and do PVFC certainly in League 2 require a Director of Football. OK Carol Shannahan has been honest enough to admit that she has made errors of judgement. But regardless fair play to the Shannahan's as they have invested in their local football club. Look across the city and even tycoon and money magnet Peter Coates has got loads of critics Stoke City were a Premier League club and pretty successful, but over the past six seasons back in The Championship Stoke have failed to finish in the top half of the table. Money helps clubs vastly, but it is all about the right recruitment.

PVFC if I were in charge I would get rid of all the senior players other than Ripley, Chislet and Garrity and keep all the young and upcoming players as they are the future of PVFC and will learn their football trade in League 2 and possibly generate finance from their sales in future.

DM YES he has been disappointing but when he took over PVFC were heading for League 2 barring a miracle. DM has proved at WBA, DONCASTER ROVERS and SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY what a good influential manager he can be. DM needs time and a good recruitment process. He needs time and I can't see PVFC challenging next season. But 2025/26 season.

UTV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, NEWPORT VALIANT said:

Disappointing from hammering at BARNSLEY on worst opening day defeat for any football league club since 1961, to the fact that Vale have failed to achieve a midweek league victory in over two seasons. Culminating with only two league victories in 2024. To say that the league One season has been embarrassing is an understatement for all Vale fans.

Carol Shannahan does LOVE PORT VALE, but unfortunately she doesn't have enough knowledge to run a successful football club and with the shocking Director of Football Dave Flitcroft, has undermined PVFC. His departure could not come soon enough and do PVFC certainly in League 2 require a Director of Football. OK Carol Shannahan has been honest enough to admit that she has made errors of judgement. But regardless fair play to the Shannahan's as they have invested in their local football club. Look across the city and even tycoon and money magnet Peter Coates has got loads of critics Stoke City were a Premier League club and pretty successful, but over the past six seasons back in The Championship Stoke have failed to finish in the top half of the table. Money helps clubs vastly, but it is all about the right recruitment.

PVFC if I were in charge I would get rid of all the senior players other than Ripley, Chislet and Garrity and keep all the young and upcoming players as they are the future of PVFC and will learn their football trade in League 2 and possibly generate finance from their sales in future.

DM YES he has been disappointing but when he took over PVFC were heading for League 2 barring a miracle. DM has proved at WBA, DONCASTER ROVERS and SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY what a good influential manager he can be. DM needs time and a good recruitment process. He needs time and I can't see PVFC challenging next season. But 2025/26 season.

UTV

Agree DM needs time to sort out the dross and get them gone from this club as they are contracted next season.  However, some want instant success from the team.  Not even God could get most of the players to league standard and playing well. 

The team is very weak and asked to fill loads of positions which is not their favourite position.  Also full of individual mistakes which are under 4 mistakes standards - not professional footballers.  There is no real fight in most of them, only a couple show fight and will stand up for the younger players.