onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Moore out

1 minute ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

You do remember Arblaster don't you? The "only advantage"??? The lads now captain in the Prem playing teams with 100m+ of talent in midfield off the park. Then when he was recalled Devine dropped further back and was head and shoulders above anything else we had on offer. When they'd both gone, Crosby had 2 games, got zero points. So that's how that's worked out, not rocket science.

Garrity was out injured after Carlisle away. We only played 3 games after that with Crosby in charge. Before that he wasn't being selected by Crosby at the start of the season, that wasn't down to injury. It was then clear to anyone with eyes he was back probably too soon. It took him a few weeks to get back to his best.

And despite the fact he's adored by us all, let's not be silly enough to compare Garrity with Arblaster, you'd just be embarrassing yourself if you went down that road.

Wanting Moore out despite only having that squad at his disposal is one of the worst takes I've seen.  He'll be judged by me once he has his own squad recruited. Pep wouldn't have got much more out of this squad, they were that bad.

Said it before….i don’t want Moore out but unlike you, I will judge him from the day he arrived at the club.

• Like 1

Advert

Just now, philpvfc said:

Said it before….i don’t want Moore out but unlike you, I will judge him from the day he arrived at the club.

In that case, pick any manager you want, you'd be calling them all <ovf censored>. 

All I was saying before is that comparing Moore with Crosby, and saying Crosby got more points was a terrible comparison. Which Premier league standard player did Moore have to choose?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Let me tell you something……you are wrong (again). I never said not a chance, I said in my opinion. Totally different, so don’t lie to make a point or read my statement before having a go.

Just get a life and stop talking about Crosby like he was some kind of messiah.

Just get over it

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

You do remember Arblaster don't you? The "only advantage"??? The lads now captain in the Prem playing teams with 100m+ of talent in midfield off the park. Then when he was recalled Devine dropped further back and was head and shoulders above anything else we had on offer. When they'd both gone, Crosby had 2 games, got zero points. So that's how that's worked out, not rocket science.

Garrity was out injured after Carlisle away. We only played 3 games after that with Crosby in charge. Before that he wasn't being selected by Crosby at the start of the season, that wasn't down to injury. It was then clear under Moore he was back probably too soon. It took him a few weeks to get back to his best.

And despite the fact he's adored by us all, let's not be silly enough to compare Garrity with Arblaster, you'd just be embarrassing yourself if you went down that road.

Wanting Moore out despite only having that squad at his disposal is one of the worst takes I've seen.  He'll be judged by me once he has his own squad recruited. Pep wouldn't have got much more out of this squad, they were that bad.

I don’t see how a manager who picked up 10 points from a possible 51 with a win ratio of 11% with some awful football and tactics can be seen as a bad take. 

Of course Pep would have got more of of this squad. A decent manager would have at least been able to get us organised and stop conceding. players are woeful im not disagreeing there, but this free pass some are giving Moore for 2/3 months of the absalute worst possible results is ludicrous. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Danilo Orsi - Maybe a fluke season this season, like Cole Stockton, Dom Telford......or they good service at previous clubs.

Ephron Mason Clarke - Peteborough signed him at 22 years old.

Cole Stockton - Proven scorer, needs service.

Good quiz. I think the point you are trying to make is that sometimes it works at some clubs and not others? Great post by the way.

Some have no pedigree and come good (Tom Pope), some have a great reputation and go duff?

With Massey and Grant 'supplying the service I think Haaland would have struggled to score for us this season. If Loft stays then we need two good wingers, a right wing back and left wingback, and another good striker alongside. I would take Stockton or Telford now over Uche.

Correct! Haha!

Yeah, exactly that point. I just get a bit frustrated when we sign strikers and people just go on Wikipedia to judge them.

The Mason-Clarke stats before Peterborough just blow my mind. Sold him for £4m too.

It's a great point on supply lines. I actually think creative players are worth more than goalscorers. That's where I'd be putting a good chunk of the budget.

Loft has been slated to high heaven on here, but he gets 1 chance created for him every 2-3 games.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Just get a life and stop talking about Crosby like he was some kind of messiah.

Just get over it

Called out for lying and that’s your response 🤣

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Correct! Haha!

Yeah, exactly that point. I just get a bit frustrated when we sign strikers and people just go on Wikipedia to judge them.

The Mason-Clarke stats before Peterborough just blow my mind. Sold him for £4m too.

It's a great point on supply lines. I actually think creative players are worth more than goalscorers. That's where I'd be putting a good chunk of the budget.

Loft has been slated to high heaven on here, but he gets 1 chance created for him every 2-3 games.

TBF Loft’s movement off the ball is as bad as any striker I have ever seen. Pretty certain in assuming had the same balls been put in to the box for Pope he would have returned us well in to double figures. But I do agree, our play down the flanks has been very poor this season. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

TBF Loft’s movement off the ball is as bad as any striker I have ever seen. Pretty certain in assuming had the same balls been put in to the box for Pope he would have returned us well in to double figures. But I do agree, our play down the flanks has been very poor this season. 

That's what football management is for! 

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Called out for lying and that’s your response 🤣

Whatever!

Been called out for putting you in your place.

Anyway, what does it matter to you about Crosby being in charge or not? You do not even go to games

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

Agree with the comments about closing the thread, I think it's quite clear it's being used by people who are here trolling and just on a wind up. Their arguments are embarrassing otherwise. Either that, or maybe Artell was right all along.

Is that your response to those who do think Moore should be judged more harshly on the 19 games so far? Just trolling? I can guarantee you I’m not trolling and am extremely disappointed with a manager who manages 2 wins and 4 draws in 17 matches. 

• Like 2

On 09/05/2024 at 10:21, Warren said:

The Jan transfer window was fatal. Loss of the key young creative players, failure to solve the goal scoring issue, failure to solve the wing back issue, failure to solve the vulnerability in the air at the back issue. I had a big issue with Crosby in that for many games we just seemed to keep passing the ball round at the back until we lost it. He was boring me out of my skull and before New Year I was considering stopping attending. But he probably would have got by as manager if the Summer 2023 transfer window and particularly the Jan 2024 window had been better. So those who blame Flitcroft for most things have ultimately been proved right. 

Coming to Darren Moore he arrived when needing to play game after game without coaching time. He inherited the same issues and was victim like us of players such as Smith committing suicide. He didn't stop the stupid defending, but it was harder to do much about not scoring when we let our strikers from 2022/23 leave and didn't replace them with equivalents. 

So it's right the jury is out with Moore. I think he did have us better organised and if the players had shown a 10% improvement in competence we could have stayed up. But nonetheless I am far happier going forward with Moore than Crosby. Also Moore was a surprise to me and a better manager than all the other names being put around. Plus I like him. 

So, let's get on with it. He ain't going nowhere and I am renewing season tickets. 

Brilliant post Warren.

Excellent summary.

• Like 1

It’s May 11th. 
We have 3 months until we kick a ball in anger for the next campaign. 
Darren Moore is here. 
Like it or not. (And I’m all for it) He’s here to stay going into the new season.

So let’s cut this negativity of a thread entitled “Moore out”. 
Let’s get it deleted admin.

Its absolutely pointless.

If you don’t want Darren Moore in charge next season then tough <ovf censored> for you, because it’s not going to happen. 

He won’t be sacked in the summer. He’s totally in charge of the footballing side of the club. Fact. 
So accept it. Enjoy your summer. And put this entire thread in the bin. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2