onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Moore out

1 hour ago, DaneValiant said:

Wikipedia says his win percentages are 48% (47 matches) at WBA, 45% (78 matches) at Doncaster and 51% (129 matches at Wednesday 

Then 13.04% (23 matches) at Huddersfield and 13.33% (10 matches with us). 

That doesn’t account for when he left/joined teams, what the squad was like, their position before/after he was there. But it looks like he needs time to put together his own team.

There has been a dramatic drop in his winning percentages since he took over at two weak, badly-run teams and only had less than half a season to turn anything around.

You surely don’t turn clueless and inept since June 2023 when he left Wednesday so there must be a trend somewhere. He can’t be out of his depth, managing at too high a level at Vale/Huddersfield as Huddersfield were lower level Championship and we are lower level League One - so Wednesday in his era were mid way between the two. 

As you say, he needs to be able to put together his own team before anyone can properly judge him. All we can infer for the moment, is that his past performance should mean he will do significantly better than he is now.

We keep coming back to the central point that, between them, Flitcroft, Clarke and Crosby managed to collectively destroy the Team and now we need to rebuild. 

Advert

49 minutes ago, Santa said:

Moore could see what hand he was going to be dealt before he accepted the position.

His job was to play it. It wasn’t a free hit.

Could he though? He sent a mate to watch us play before taking the job, and the only good thing he had to say about the team and the club were the fans 😄 

I guess that was a tacit admission all along he knew the team were hot garbage then, but perhaps he saw potential in there somewhere (and some kind of promise of funds for next season)

3 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

Could he though? He sent a mate to watch us play before taking the job, and the only good thing he had to say about the team and the club were the fans 😄 

I guess that was a tacit admission all along he knew the team were hot garbage then, but perhaps he saw potential in there somewhere (and some kind of promise of funds for next season)

If that’s true, which I doubt very much it is then it shows how incompetent Moore is by taking a 5 year job based on sending a mate to a match.

Edited by philpvfc

1 minute ago, philpvfc said:

If that’s true, which I doubt very much it is then it shows how incompetent Moore is by taking a 5 year job based on sending a mate to a match.

He's literally said this in one of his first interviews after becoming manager. 

Don't forget his job interview was on Zoom as well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

We didn’t even interview anyone else so not sure we can call whatever he had an ‘interview’.

• Like 2

We were all expecting more, far more from our 'name' manager. Carol and Flitcroft were made up we got him as were most of the fan base.
C and F were made up as it would hopefully releive some of the increasing pressure of relegation and get fans back on side for next season in league 1, once DM had worked his magic and we scraped thru.
Fact is, under his short tenure so far, it literally couldn't of gone any worse for Carol, Flitcroft the club and fans.
Surely with a manager of DMs 'pedigree' we should be staying up? Atm he's just another not very good manager.
The argument of him needing his own players, team etc is a get out, or get firmly in jail card for him and tbh he is lucky to have that one for next season because let's face it, he has been atrocious so far. But yeah, that's the players, Carol's, Supporters fault, not his.
I expected him to keep us up.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NW9Valiant said:

Ok, as I said, just shows how incompetent he is, or just saw the pounds and had no other options. I really do hope we have a get out clause if we got relegated else it is going to have been a very expensive exercise.

Or has DM been brutally honest with Carol and said no chance of staying up with these. It's too late. Give me a 5 Yr deal and a budget and I'll get you back up, but you have to get rid of Flitcroft as he's responsible for all of this and I can't work with him.
The fans are going to go demented with a relegation but we ride it and start winning in league 2 and they will soon forget about this.
Fk knows

• Haha 2

As much as I think he might do better with his own squad (because, let’s be honest this one is dire) I really don’t like how he refers to Vale in the third person constantly. It smacks of huge arrogance, almost as though we are beneath him and he doesn’t really want to be here. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

As much as I think he might do better with his own squad (because, let’s be honest this one is dire) I really don’t like how he refers to Vale in the third person constantly. It smacks of huge arrogance, almost as though we are beneath him and he doesn’t really want to be here. 

Spot on

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

Or you can look at it and say, as a club we are bigger than any one manager. 

I don't mind it personally, managers come and go but the club doesn't.

I think he will do better (how much remains to be seen) with his own squad and more competent recruitment.

Moore certainly hasn't set the world alight at Vale that's for sure and i honestly thought he would do more BUT I am not in the Moore out camp yet considering what he has inherited.... some harp on about his time at Huddersfield but seem to just dismiss Sheff Wed/WBA and Doncaster those other clubs alone shows to me that he can manage teams well,as for Huddersfield they seem to still be struggling without him so they may have had the same issues as us just a <ovf censored> squad.

I am sure that Moore will stay and try to build a team that suits him and to improve his current reputation again IF he is given the tools to do so.

Either way whoever is in charge it needs a MAJOR rebuild this summer and Carol cannot afford any mistakes at all this time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Powerline said:

I’m not convinced on Moore at all but to say Crosby would’ve kept us up is ludicrous. Think you’re forgetting how bad he was.

If Moore had got Ollie and Alfie and even the lad Thomas to some extent i dont think things would be as bad as they are now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

If Moore had got Ollie and Alfie and even the lad Thomas to some extent i dont think things would be as bad as they are now

Thomas was under utilised. Wasn’t amazing but scored 3 in 15, largely coming on as a sub. Damn sight better than the 1 from uche and 2 from loft.

Edited by Powerline
  • Like 6