onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why???

melv

I don't think it was coincidence that arguably our real and only purple patch of the season was when Uche got up to speed and was terrorising the opposition defenders.  Significantly, the minute he got injured (after the Club was prepared to let him go) that purple patch ended and we've been on a steep downward plunge ever since.  Whatever we were paying him was worth it. 

• Like 8

Advert

1 hour ago, Valiiant said:

Because she's all about image and feeding her ego.

or maybe she's keeping her cards close to her chest and following correct procedure to avoid the possible pitfalls of caving in to the rabid dogs ?    .....just to play devils advocate  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, STUNG said:

or maybe she's keeping her cards close to her chest and following correct procedure to avoid the possible pitfalls of caving in to the rabid dogs ?    .....just to play devils advocate  

Doubt it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

I don't think it was coincidence that arguably our real and only purple patch of the season was when Uche got up to speed and was terrorising the opposition defenders.  Significantly, the minute he got injured (after the Club was prepared to let him go) that purple patch ended and we've been on a steep downward plunge ever since.  Whatever we were paying him was worth it. 

2 and a half games a purple patch?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Rudgey needs to come in on a short term basis as DOF , Fraudcroft get out of our club

He’s nearly 80 and has no interest in being DOF and I don’t blame him. It’s not going to happen . Why do I know this? It’s because I work for the same organisation as his son and law and we had this conversation in 2019. It’s not going to happen. 

Edited by cast
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, cast said:

He’s nearly 80 and has no interest in being DOF and I don’t blame him. It’s not going to happen . Why do I know this? It’s because I work for the same organisation as his son and law and we had this conversation in 2019. It’s not going to happen. 

Yes, the man has done wonders for the club , and is a legend. He deserves to enjoy his retirement in peace . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cast said:

Exactly, Rudgie had his success by going out most nights and scouting players. You can't expect a man of 80 to be doing this. For me the modern day system of recruiting players from stats on a players database is lazy and ineffective. Get rid of the D of F role bring in a chief scout/s. Judge players on a number of performances. The stats should only be considered as an addition to how he performs in matches. A friend of mine who referees local league was recently reffing a league teams under 16 game. The players were all wearing performance monitoring vests. Pitchside was a guy with a laptop monitoring all the players. During the game he was giving information on what minutes he should be taking players off. Is this really needed in Youth football.

We see this happening week in and week out in league football matches and we have seen ourselves how this has at times had a negative impact on the game. I think too much emphasis is put on these stats. The manager and his coaching staff should be the ones who decide when a player needs to come off.

Edited by mbycars
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Have you not seen our new manager and his extended coaching team?

They are not going to be on an average wage 

And Crosby before that? When we were paying Clarkes wage? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Have you not seen our new manager and his extended coaching team?

They are not going to be on an average wage 

Disagree, Brian.  I think DM may have come on a lowish wage, mitigated by the fact he has it for 5.5 years.  He left the Owls suddenly, unexpectedly, and maybe (for whatever reason) his stock is not that high in football at the moment.  So 5.5 years on a reasonable wage might well have appealed. 

Maybe Carol also thinks if DM does well he can move on and earn us a fee if he's on a long term contract? 

Not saying any of this is good. I'd rather pay a manager a top wage, putting him on a 12 months rolling contract. 

52 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

Disagree, Brian.  I think DM may have come on a lowish wage, mitigated by the fact he has it for 5.5 years.  He left the Owls suddenly, unexpectedly, and maybe (for whatever reason) his stock is not that high in football at the moment.  So 5.5 years on a reasonable wage might well have appealed. 

Maybe Carol also thinks if DM does well he can move on and earn us a fee if he's on a long term contract? 

Not saying any of this is good. I'd rather pay a manager a top wage, putting him on a 12 months rolling contract. 

6k a week 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, WV said:

I never said I knew every players wages. You have a habit of making things up Bri. I’ve been told by someone who I trust that there is a cap on wages and it is £3k a week. Stop making things up. I don’t serve cappuccino either.👍🏻

I believe them. You don’t believe me. You don’t have to get personal and try to belittle my job when most people would think themselves lucky to do a job they love and one that pays very well. 👌 

There used to be a cap on wages that is very true but i believe that had to be broken this season and will be again BUT i have no idea by who,i dont claim to know players wages that will be private no matter what any website thinks it knows,some of the figures mentioned are laughable though 🙂 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WV said:

Yes. Has our transfer business suggested we are loaded ? 

I think we will have to wait now to see what the summer business is like before saying we are skint

Only my opinion but the appointment of DM and a very experienced backroom says we aren't,whether we were before that i have no idea but again as you say we have struggled in the last few windows

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The French Connection said:

He will definitely be on double what DC was on

• Haha 1