onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leyton Orient (A) match thread - March 12th

2 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

im not buying into this " oh look weve turned a corner ". im firmly in the Flitcroft out camp. First team is a mess and has been for 18 months. Not even staying up now will convince me otherwise.

I want us to stay up. It is quite clear from Carol’s letter that she thinks we are ahead of schedule and that being in league 1 is a mere bonus we should all be thankful to Flitcroft for. 

• Haha 1

Advert

15 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Some of you don't half love wallowing in your pits of perpetual misery! emoji1787.png

We got a point and a clean sheet. Yes well probably still go down, but each game is new. Win on Saturday and there's more hope.

I do admit that the wins look doubtful, but by the looks of the table although it is 6 points as a gap, 3 of those points are in our hands as we have to play Cambridge. We need a run of points. Even following up last night with a draw against Oxford would add to that. 

14 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I do admit that the wins look doubtful, but by the looks of the table although it is 6 points as a gap, 3 of those points are in our hands as we have to play Cambridge. We need a run of points. Even following up last night with a draw against Oxford would add to that. 

My Oxford supporting colleague is convinced we will beat them. He says they are dreadful at the minute. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lots of positives from last night but still a feeling of 'too little too late'. As my good friend Topher accurately mused in the stand last night 'we have to work 10x harder than anyone else to score a goal'. 

The defensive shape was a lot better and the defenders did what we want them to do - head it and kick it and win first contacts. This is not the time for Smith, Jesse or anyone else to be fannying about with it so hopefully last night was a sign of things to come. We also forget that at this level, a big unexpected hoof up the field or down the line can panic opposition defences as we saw on a few occasions last night. Special mention to Jesse Debrah who I've been really critical of, but he looked the part last night by going back to basics. 

Massey and Mighton caused them issues with their pace and direct running. Massey is much maligned but was our biggest threat last night and we lost a lot of momentum when he was subbed. Bad choice from Moore, for me. 

Dipepa was excellent off the bench and actually held up the ball better than Wilson had done in that 2nd half. I've heard it said that 'he shouldn't be anywhere near the team' and other derogatory comments, but from what he showed last night he has a part to play in our unlikely survival bid.

More negatively, Wilson's miss was criminal (the highlights don't show it amazingly but he tried a Di-Canio-esque scissor kick when just getting any body part on the ball would've been a certain goal), and then in the 2nd half he completely gave up and their best chance came from Willo just not even trying to hold up the ball and it coming straight back at us. So frustrating when we all know what he is capable of to see him playing with such a lack of confidence. I'm hoping that - like the end of the promotion season - he decides to do this alone, but I haven't seen any signs of it.

Dan Jones is still a liability. I said the shape was better but his lapse of concentration playing everyone onside almost cost us in the end. He was also very lucky not to concede a penalty in the first half when he got completely the wrong side of his man and then barged him over. Again, doesn't look that bad on the highlights but in the ground it looked like a stonewall peno. 

Overall, the feeling that we're getting relegated from such a poor league stings. We played a side who are on the edges of the play-offs last night and they were garbage. I fundamentally disagree with people who say we'll struggle with this group of players in L2 next season - with the right application and a goalscorer added I think we'd be contenders to come straight back up. Still holding onto a slight hope that it comes down to that final game against Cambridge and we stay up in spectacular fashion. Or maybe I've not quite sobered up.

Edited by jjvale_03
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

It the vale players Carol Flitcroft that make the vale fans miserable and fed up it not the fans fault that port vale are second from the bottom of the league . I think the vale fans have been extremely  patient.  to put up with a lot of the rubbish that port vale football club as put the fan though .   I will be going and supporting the vale till the end of the season . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It the vale players Carol Flitcroft that make the vale fans miserable and fed up it not the fans fault that port vale are second from the bottom of the league . I think the vale fans have been extremely  patient.  to put up with a lot of the rubbish that port vale football club as put the fan though .   I will be going and supporting the vale till the end of the season . 
Are you going to change your username to 'Vale till the end of the season'?

Good on you VTID, we need all the support we can get. One win and the right results elsewhere can materially change our prospects in one afternoon. Let's hope that comes about on Saturday
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Are you going to change your username to 'Vale till the end of the season'? emoji16.png

Good on you VTID, we need all the support we can get. One win and the right results elsewhere can materially change our prospects in one afternoon. Let's hope that comes about on Saturday

No I will always support the vale till the day I die I will  even  support vale if vale down to the conference League . They are my club and alway will be . I will be having a season ticket and parking ticket for next season . I love the vale and  proud of our  vale badge though and though .   It  would be wonderful if vale could win and get 3 points and keep a clean sheet against Oxford . Come on the vale . 

• Like 8

I mean all we can ask for is effort like last night i still anticipate we are going down and flitcroft needs to go. But atleast there was a bit of grit and fight in them last night. My tuesday night wasnt ruined for once which is nice.
Moore's priority with our backs to the wall is to identify the players worth keeping and how they can be used. I assume he has already identified the obvious shortages and made them known. Should he manage to retain L1 status, the task becomes bigger as L1 is likely to be a stronger league next season. At the same time, he will prove his usefulness to the club. The immediate task is Oxford on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

2 hours ago, WV said:

My Oxford supporting colleague is convinced we will beat them. He says they are dreadful at the minute. 

Fingers crossed, although repeatedly this season we have been the blessing for any team on a bad run. Or indeed just any team. 

5 hours ago, philmpv said:

Some of you don't half love wallowing in your pits of perpetual misery! emoji1787.png

We got a point and a clean sheet. Yes well probably still go down, but each game is new. Win on Saturday and there's more hope.

Hope of delaying the inevitable you mean🤔

Thanks for that battle cry Mr happy clapper👍😆 

4 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Come on mate , can you really see us going on an unbeaten run that's just crazy talk 😆

• Haha 1