onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 preparation

Advert

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Can you throw a stone a few miles away?

The Cotswolds is no where nr South East Birmingham which is literally where you are! 

If you lived in Cheltenham then I would understand your claim of the Cotswolds being on the doorstep 

Google Solihull 'drug ring' 

🙄

Edited by Vtid
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

I love how all of your selling points for Stoke are places you can go for the day to get out of Stoke.

Look I was born and bred in Stoke and live back here now and it will always be home but there's no getting away from the fact that as a city Stoke-on-Trent is on its arse and getting worse. Birmingham knocks spots off it. Even the concept of Stoke-on-Trent as a city is flawed for me. Trying to fund 5 city centres was always going to be hard work, especially after all the industry was ripped out of it in the 80s and 90s. 

5?

Longton, Fenton, Stoke, Hanley, Burslem, Tunstall = 6, surely?  And don't call me Shirley! 

The best thing about the Potteries is the fantastic countryside within 5 minutes drive in all directions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Can you throw a stone a few miles away?

The Cotswolds is no where nr South East Birmingham which is literally where you are! 

If you lived in Cheltenham then I would understand your claim of the Cotswolds being on the doorstep 

Google Solihull 'drug ring' 

A figure of speech my dear boy!

Stratford is 14 mins away from us and is, by any rational standards, acknowledged as the gateway to the Cotswolds. Cheltenham is at the southern tip of this beautiful part of the world.  You should get out more often and widen your horizons. 

1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:

Stratford is 14 mins away from us and is, by any rational standards, acknowledged as the gateway to the Cotswolds. Cheltenham is at the southern tip of this beautiful part of the world.  You should get out more often and widen your horizons. 

I'm only just a 'Stones throw' away from the golden beaches of Boscombe nr Bournemouth.... Only 3 hours away don't you know!! 

Just down the road! 

3 hours ago, The French Connection said:

5?

Longton, Fenton, Stoke, Hanley, Burslem, Tunstall = 6, surely?  And don't call me Shirley! 

The best thing about the Potteries is the fantastic countryside within 5 minutes drive in all directions. 

I will agree with Darren that Stoke as a city has declined... But to say it is as bad as some poverty thrid world parts of Birmingham is a bit far fetched!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:

I worked in the Birmingham area and Malvern hills area for well over a month and at no point did I consider that I was near the cotswolds. 

Frankly after visiting some areas in Brum, I was glad to get back home! 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

They’re going to have a job be ready for the new season as they currently have a plastic pitch so will have to rip that up. They just scream out beating us in some humiliating fashion at VP next season.

GLP, I was wondering about their 3G pitch, is that a definite that they’ll have to replace it with grass to be in the EFL. I personally hope so, I know artificial pitches have evolved but what a nightmare they were. The ball bouncing so high and rolling so fast, a plastic version of the beautiful game. Also until we’ve beaten them, we’ve lost our record, of having beaten all the other 91 teams in the top four divisions. 

4 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

GLP, I was wondering about their 3G pitch, is that a definite that they’ll have to replace it with grass to be in the EFL. I personally hope so, I know artificial pitches have evolved but what a nightmare they were. The ball bouncing so high and rolling so fast, a plastic version of the beautiful game. Also until we’ve beaten them, we’ve lost our record, of having beaten all the other 91 teams in the top four divisions. 

Yeah you have to have a grass pitch. When Sutton and Harrogate came up from there they had plastic pitches which they needed to replace. In the case of Harrogate they had to play at Donny for a short while to get that pitch ready at their stadium. I'm not a fan of them and they would always give a huge advantage to the home side who played on them regularly. That said last time I remember Vale playing on one we did over Preston 5-2 at Deepdale.

Birmingham isn't a great comparison in my opinion. They've done a fairly decent job with the bullring but the streets around are too narrow and cramped. Outside of the very city centre, it's a real dump and in some ways worse than Stoke. It has no real culture about it, unlike a York or Oxford. I live in Endon and the surrounding countryside is fabulous, literally 6 miles from the peak district.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Yeah you have to have a grass pitch. When Sutton and Harrogate came up from there they had plastic pitches which they needed to replace. In the case of Harrogate they had to play at Donny for a short while to get that pitch ready at their stadium. I'm not a fan of them and they would always give a huge advantage to the home side who played on them regularly. That said last time I remember Vale playing on one we did over Preston 5-2 at Deepdale.

That’s going to be expensive, didn’t Leek replace their grass pitch with 3G pitch at a cost of £500k.? I understand Leek can use the pitch for all sort of events all year round so it probably pays for itself in the long run. That’s a lot of money to fork out when you’ve just been promoted into the football league. Imagine if it was spent solely on players that’s a promotion budget. I’m sure the EFL have checked that Bromley are capable financially of making this transition, before the new season starts. TBH I’d have preferred Gateshead to have been allowed to be involved in the play offs. Surely any team that doesn’t have at least a ten year agreement on their ground shouldn’t be playing in the National League.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Birmingham isn't a great comparison in my opinion. They've done a fairly decent job with the bullring but the streets around are too narrow and cramped. Outside of the very city centre, it's a real dump and in some ways worse than Stoke. It has no real culture about it, unlike a York or Oxford. I live in Endon and the surrounding countryside is fabulous, literally 6 miles from the peak district.

I totally agree with you about the landscape of Endon.Just some of the ppl who live in Endon, who think they’re better than others.

Edited by Playa Amodores