onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby C (A) match thread - 2nd March.

Advert

What a disaster.

There's no point in further pontificating abut the management or players now. This season is over for the Vale.

There needs to be a root and branch overhaul of the playing side of the Club during the off-season, both on and off field. Whether the Owners have the motivation, ability and wherewithawl to do that remains to be seen. I worry about that...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Get the band back together for a Flitcroft out showing. 
Tossers hat. Rory and his hammer. DeanLeese and his guitar. Mellor pin him up against the entrance wall. 

I wonder what Pete T and Tosh would have made of this shambles. 😞

And Owd Sage.

The band never went away, Spunkers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

On reflection ive been thinking what a result yesterday was . 3:0 defeat we couldn't of asked for much more. The players gave there all and were unlucky not to get anything. I thought from first 5 minutes we really set our stall out we let them get at us get at us and create a few chances when the first goal went in on 4 minutes i sat back and thought yeah today is going to be our day. From that moment i could only see a easy win from us. The players getting the crowd going because we won a couple of throw ins in their half. THAT IS THE FIGHT I WANT TO SEE!. We dont need to have efforts on goal . Everyone knows the old saying throw ins win you football matches. The fact we didnt have a single striker in our squad with any experience i sat back and thought this is the process that flickers has been talking about i can really see the fruits of his labour now. A squad to be proud of that hes been assembling for four transfer windows since weve been promoted. Whats everyone worried about were going to be absolutely fine.

Can we stop  calling the  guy flickers 

His.nane  is Fraudcroft and

He's a  conman pure and simple

Carol has got to see the light and fast 

Because  if she doesn't 

Well be playing  Kidsgrove athletic

In a few years time #  ffs I'm so P##### off 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

I think bar Bailey and Jack only Ripley Plant Clarke Ben G and bizarrely Massey actually tried yesterday the rest of them were spineless cowards. I take OJO he in strop as Crosby left . OJO  grow up or sod off , but your spineless mercenary who wants the money but won’t put the effort in. OJO at the end of season should be called out by the fan base .

Nevermind the end of the season us fans need make our displeasure crystal clear from now on  towards Ojo and the other spineless players they are representing our football club and doing a P### poor job of it, Lack of heart, desire and fight won't be bloody tolerated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Nevermind the end of the season us fans need make our displeasure crystal clear from now on  towards Ojo and the other spineless players they are representing our football club and doing a P### poor job of it, Lack of heart, desire and fight won't be bloody tolerated.

You are an idiot or one in the making.

LEAVE OFF ANY OF THE PLAYERS UNTIL THE SEASON IS OVER.

HAVING A GO AT ONE OR YWO PLAYERS IMPACTS ALL PLAYERS.

Now grow up and take a break from this site. In other words go take one

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Cowards on the pitch and cowards in the board room

I did not see any evidence of players failing to try yesterday.

Ojo is nowhere near fit, and is playing because there is nobody else.

The fault is in recruitment, which has led tous playing Massey or a 17 year old at CF.

i was a bit surprised by the ‘not fit to wear the shirt’ stuff at the end. 

I understand the frustration, but attacking the guys who were out there was perhaps missing the point

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

I did not see any evidence of players failing to try yesterday.

Ojo is nowhere near fit, and is playing because there is nobody else.

The fault is in recruitment, which has led tous playing Massey or a 17 year old at CF.

i was a bit surprised by the ‘not fit to wear the shirt’ stuff at the end. 

I understand the frustration, but attacking the guys who were out there was perhaps missing the point

Ojo is pulling out of 50/50 challenges and tackles.

What do you think to that?

• Like 1

Fans were excellent. Enjoyed the safe standing, helped the atmosphere, we really need to add that at Vale.

Onto the game. Other than Garrity and Ripley, gutless, spineless, pathetic. I can accept losing because a team is better than us, but to not even try is just completely unacceptable. Ojo is a disgrace.

There are others that have thrown the towel in too that didn't fancy it yesterday. Loft had a cold sore and Wilson dropped out due to a "slight injury".

The recruitment is to blame, as is Carol as she's facilitating the whole thing. Buck stops with her. Having one recognised striker in the squad, a 17 year old, was an absolute disgrace. 

This seasons issues were predictable, completely avoidable and all self inflicted. 

The January window was gross negligence, but to be in March and still not brought in a free agent is just carelessness. The evaluation has to start now. Being back in league 2 is going to be so depressing. 

Going forward, I expect Carol to pay for her huge mistakes. Invest heavily in the squad to give us a squad to challenge for automatic promotion, minimum. I want a title challenge. Most Vale fans have never experienced one. She needs to deliver by way of an apology.

Pay the going rate for a recognised goal scorer. No more excuses. Invest in the fan experience to show fans she cares about them, including the installation of safe standing. 

Incentivise the Hamil and Paddock to improve the atmosphere by dropping ST prices in there to £250. Regardless of what division we're in.

Edited by Family Stand Terrier
  • Like 4