onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics Sold

Advert

The only Icelandic free agent striker I cas see is Vidar Örn Kjartansson who last played in the Bulgarian Premier league (scoring one goal which would suit us!)

Gylfi Sigurdsson is also a free agent but is obviously a midfielder. He hadn't played a league game for 2 years before this season, and then only played 4 times before January in Denmark.

6 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

The only Icelandic free agent striker I cas see is Vidar Örn Kjartansson who last played in the Bulgarian Premier league (scoring one goal which would suit us!)

Gylfi Sigurdsson is also a free agent but is obviously a midfielder. He hadn't played a league game for 2 years before this season, and then only played 4 times before January in Denmark.

Just had a quick glance at Sigurdsson’s wiki page and it seems he was never even charged with the offences he was accused of. 

1 hour ago, Birches Head Fred said:

My twopenny worth :

It's hopefully great news for Carol and her family and should see them and future generations extremely 'comfortable'.

I would like to think that all of the employees of Synectics will be looked after and remain employed (assuming of course that that is their wish).

IF the Shanahans decide to invest further funds into Port Vale FC I hope that we all accept that there are limits, and that anything they do invest is done so with the future of Port Vale in mind, whether that be short-term investments, long-term, on the playing staff, infrastructure or whatever.

If they choose NOT to invest, sell up and retire, I for one would not blame them in the least.

Finally, I would like to thank Carol, Kevin and co. for what they have achieved thus far and I trust that whatever they do from now on, they are and forever will be in my debt.

Well said and for all those wishing for Carol, Kevin and co. to sell up and go over this disaster of a season just remember for every one Carol, Kevin and co. there are at least ten Smurfs out there ready and willing to F**k it up more and run it just for them. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Finally, I would like to thank Carol, Kevin and co. for what they have achieved thus far and I trust that whatever they do from now on, they are and forever will be in my debt.

They took over a football club because they thought first and foremost it was in their own best interests. Not find a cure for cancer.

Like all owners she's a businesswoman looking to make a profit long term.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Valiiant said:

They took over a football club because they thought first and foremost it was in their own best interests. Not find a cure for cancer.

Why would any sane person think it was in their best interests to own a lower league football club?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

So you actually think she took over the club to lose money and out of the goodness of her heart?

A person who builds a £180 million business from scratch isn't that mentally stunted to think they can turn a profit from putting £10 million into Port Vale.

• Like 2

Looking at the companies that have been registered at Companies House since late 2023, I’d guess that they were incorporated to allow properties and other assets to be moved out of the Synectics group and kept in the ownership of the Shanahans.

• Thanks 1

It’s their money to do with as they see fit. If they chose to pocket it all and ride off into the sunset who could blame them.

Of course it could ease their tax burden if they put some of it into a loss making business 😕

I don’t know how far even the whole £180 million would get you in the modern game. Personally I want to see us be as well run, self sufficient as possible and retain our own identity. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

Whilst the SCMP rules theoretically limit spending, the definition of relevant turnover includes provision for cash and equity injections.

As such an owner can inject cash or equity, subject to the SCMP rules, and “inflate” the relevant turnover figure to fund higher player salaries. In the instance of cash, the rules require a guarantee that the amount injected is not repayable.

It is undoubtedly how some clubs in recent years have been able to compete way beyond their natural resource base.

This kind of stuff gives me a headache just reading it! 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Wrex said:

A person who builds a £180 million business from scratch isn't that mentally stunted to think they can turn a profit from putting £10 million into Port Vale.

So what do you think her reason was for buying Port Vale? It certainly wasn't sympathy.

She did it because she thought Port Vale, short or long term, could be good for her. People who buy clubs always have their own interests at heart before anything else. To think anything else is madness.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Haha 1