onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

23 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

I can't understand how he's been brought back in as a centre midfielder. It was obvious after 10 minutes of the game against Fleetwood in the League Cup in August that he can't play that position anymore. If we're not playing out from the centrebacks anymore then he hasn't got a place in the matchday squad, let alone as a replacement for Ojo. That's on Moore for me. I'd rather see Sang in centre mid than Lowe.

Yes Sang for me too. 

• Like 1

Advert

1 minute ago, ballgreenvale said:

60 years and I’m done.  Had so much hope when Carol rescued us but Flitcroft has torn the heart and money out of the club. Local league football for me although I have had a good grounding over the past 18 months

Yeh I have supported them for 60 years as well and I can honestly say I have never felt has angry, disappointed and ashamed of Port Vale has I do at the moment.

We have an Owner who appears to have been Brainwashed by people and has lost the Plot.

The club is sinking like the Titanic but she just won’t believe it.

Last Season was poor but this season, in my opinion has been the Worst I have ever witnessed.

Her decisions from Top to Bottom have been appalling, getting rid of Colin Garlick, having and keeping faith in Flitcroft, appointing Poor Managers, Appointing ***** another President, in fact the List is endless

I know Steve Evans is not everybody’s cup of tea but I feel certain if she had got rid of Flitcroft and appointed him, in the Summer, we wouldn’t be in this position.

I have never ever before felt like Relegation being nailed on with a third of the season remaining that’s how hopeless we have become and Shanahan says we will be fine.

The only ones who can see what is happening are most of the Fan Base, we are hurting, but nobody at the Club seems bothered. 
They talk the talk but don’t walk the walk.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MBE said:

I disagree with the comments about Moore. His squad is <ovf censored>.Subs will always make us weaker whoever he brings on.

Moore did try to change it but Loft, the laziest <ovf censored> footballer I’ve had the displeasure of watching, his only job was to stop the LCB from coming out with the ball and overlapping. This is where they created the overload with Mayor and Humohries and why so many balls were put in the box, but time and again he stood and watched. Dipepa and Chizzy did it very well 1st half.

Then injury time all he had to do was clear the ball up the pitch in the stand to waste another minute instead he looses the ball conceding the corner from which they scored. I never ever want to see him in a Vale shirt again. 

The only other thing Moore could have done was go 433 to press the CB’s but the. We would have had to remove a CB, to me that would have been a wise move going man for man against their strikers,

This is on the players. They bottled it. Plain and simple. All it needed was a player to put the foot on the ball and keep possession at the back and into midfield but we didn’t have e a player brave enough to do it do Ripley goes long every time and hands possession back.

Its a mentality issue not managers tactics.

Expect to see good news in the squad next few days.

Even the PE teacher would have picked up more than a point in these 4 games. Looked better under Will Ryder mate. Moore saying we were comfortable until they scored 😭 and it was unexpected 🤦‍♂️ He’s not the man for me mate far too deluded & casual. Not saying anyone would of kept this lot up & I agree the players aren’t good enough but that isn’t an excuse for some of the crap he’s spouted since he come through the door & his poor subs. Why bring Ojo & Chislet off. Lowe is terrible & was run ragged, why keep Sang on when they were constantly peppering him, this is basic stuff the average supporter can see but not the gaffer. Get them up the pitch you can’t have a team defending a lead for 50 mins when you come out after half time mate. Awful management honestly, we can’t defend as it is even though Lopata & yak were superb tonight it was always coming. 2-0 up at half time that was our chance to save our season & we blew it 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Most of the time I would leave a game like that deflated and angry but as I have said numerous times, already resigned myself to league 2 football next season.  We have a truly awful side, no character, no fight, bunch of players who are not likeable apart from Ripley and Garrity.  That second half performance was one of the worst I can ever remember, I slated Crosby after the Stevenage cup replay but this was way worse than that.  I have no idea what the team talk was but my word, we were battered.  I said with 10 minutes to go, even at 2 nil we would lose by 6 playing like that at Derby.  We literally had 1 attack in the whole half, it was embarassing.

Moore was my choice to be manager and it won't be on him if we go down but these 4 games have been shocking and I did not expect free flowing football but if that is what we need to get used to, negative changes, being battered by a bottom 2 team at home, it will be a tough watch.  We have gone from a manager who wants 70% possession to a manager who seems happy to have hardly any of the ball.

Yes. Awful night tonight. Terrible squad.

Have to give Moore our backing but have to add, forgetting what we know about him, he does not inspire me with his interviews etc. His tactics also seem very strange but what a squad he has to choose from.

I will make my mind up when he has a clear out, no matter what league we are in, if he keeps the majority of this squad, i wont hold much hope for him or PVFC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warren said:

I would have changed tactics and been prepared to play out from the back when it was clear what Fleetwood were doing in overloading the attack. 

To be fair to Darren Moore, he brought on Loft to hold the ball up, but it didn't work. The stuff going up to the front wasn't good enough and the players were not organised as an attacking unit. 

Before we have too much of a go at Moore. He nearly got a win v a much better squad. 

Hey they weren't much better we stopped playing like a draw was agreed before the game 

It stinks of match fixing again .

It's almost like Vale took a bung at half time .

Ridiculous scoreline with 88 gone it could  have being a lot worse and in second half showing deserve go down on that alone.

Making a ex  Stoke player a hero <ovf censored> losers 

I don't get it what's wrong with footballers  at our football club .

That's a disgraceful second half good job Lopaco Icavetti and Ripley and Jones did there jobs because all the rest didn't 

7 players not doing there jobs especially the substitutes 

Edited by Devine intervention

Just now, Devine intervention said:

Hey they weren't much better we stopped playing like a draw was agreed before the game 

It stinks of match fixing again .

It's almost like Vale took a bung at half time .

Ridiculous scoreline with 88 gone it wcould have being worse .

I don't get it what's wrong with footballers  at our football club .

That's a disgraceful second half good job Lopaco Icavetti and Ripley and Jones did there jobs because all the rest didn't 

8 players not doing there jobs especially the substitutes 

Match fixing 😭😭😭 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

What subs would you have made ? Our squad is awful and no balance in it at all

His subs weren’t as bizarre today. I’m talking about in general. The ones against Cheltenham were awful for example. And reading. Today he was tactically woeful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Even the PE teacher would have picked up more than a point in these 4 games. Looked better under Will Ryder mate. Moore saying we were comfortable until they scored 😭 and it was unexpected 🤦‍♂️ He’s not the man for me mate far too deluded & casual. Not saying anyone would of kept this lot up & I agree the players aren’t good enough but that isn’t an excuse for some of the crap he’s spouted since he come through the door & his poor subs. Why bring Ojo & Chislet off. Lowe is terrible & was run ragged, why keep Sang on when they were constantly peppering him, this is basic stuff the average supporter can see but not the gaffer. Get them up the pitch you can’t have a team defending a lead for 50 mins when you come out after half time mate. Awful management honestly, we can’t defend as it is even though the Lopata & yak were superb tonight it was always coming. 2-0 up at half time that was our chance to save our season & we blew it 

Exactly mate, why can’t some of the fans see this.

1 hour ago, Warren said:

That was OK, first half, but we were surrendering too much possession against a good team.

They're not a good team. They are where they are in the league because they've been crap. They have a few good players, as we still do, just about. We just made them look decent and considerably better than they are by being so woeful in that second half where we would have struggled against the likes of Newcastle Town.

• Like 3

Moore is even more painful than Crosby was after games, to listen to. Huddersfield fans did warn us and now I'm really believing them. It's not on him when we got down, but my God, he comes across as dull and uninspiring. 

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

His subs weren’t as bizarre today. I’m talking about in general. The ones against Cheltenham were awful for example. And reading. Today he was tactically woeful.

I wouldntlike to pick a team to WIN a game from our squad. Shocking, unbalanced squad.

" The better players are always the ones sat on the bench " Never a truer word than at Vale this season

• Like 2