onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

52 minutes ago, Vtid said:

As much as I love smithy I don’t want him starting tomorrow get Lopata back in the mix 

That's my view also. 

I'd also hope Mighten is fit to inject some pace. 

• Like 3

Advert

Ripley

Debrah Smith (C) Lopata Clark

Plant Ojo Garrity Mighten

Loft Wilson

4 4 2 - no square pegs in round holes (apart from at LB where we don't have a LB).

No messing about at the back, direct football and put them under pressure from the off.

53 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

I respect everyone that goes tomorrow emoji119.png emoji122.png I just can't sit through anymore of that. It bloody hurts too much.

I understand how you must be feeling but, for myself, all I can do as a supporter is buy my season ticket and turn up to every game and make a bit of noise for the team. Feels like a duty in a way but that is a personal matter...so I'll be there tomorrow even though I have to get up at 4 am next morning for work. Don't blame others for feeling differently though.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Whilst I admire some folks optimistic posts I don't think we'd be challenging in L2 if we do go down. 

We're in a rut of complacency. 

Bigger teams than us with better gates, Bradford,Tranmere and dare I mention Swindon are wallowing around doing nothing. 

It's a vile league. 

Totally agree, we will be in that league battling the other end of the league with this squad and no doubt the next squad built by fraudcroft.  Probably still without a striker.  If we are lucky, we would scrape through via the play-offs, but that will be several years in the league with fraudcroft as DoF.  He will spin it to Carol - next year and she will go okay my favourite - guess your right and the naughty fans know nothing.

12 minutes ago, Vale_Legend said:

Ripley

Debrah Smith (C) Lopata Clark

Plant Ojo Garrity Mighten

Loft Wilson

4 4 2 - no square pegs in round holes (apart from at LB where we don't have a LB).

No messing about at the back, direct football and put them under pressure from the off.

I'd go with something similar but maybe Sang instead of Plant, do we know the situation with Lopata ? Some saying he's fit but just not getting picked which is very strange if so.

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Instead of saying how lucky we are to have such a good manager let's stick to the target - if DM can keep us up hes done a great job. If he can't, he's failed. Not necessarily his fault, and not necessarily worth sacking him for it. That can be judged at the end of the season. 

We've got a manager with good pedigree, a good track record in most jobs and is well respected in the game. That's great, let's focus on surviving now and then we can go back to the circle jerk at the end of the season

I would not say he has failed.  We have a crap squad, who can't pass a ball to each other.  Apart from a few, most have no fight and are just not fit to wear the Vale shirt.  There is a DoF who is totally blameless according to Carol for this mess of a squad.  So he was set up to fail by the backroom staff.

If he does keep us up - then he is a total magician and has worked wonders.  I am expecting the end of the season for us to be next to bottom in the league - ready for another relegation battle in Div 2 and bumming around that league for 5-7 years.

If you look at remaining fixtures minus Derby Peterborough and Bolton a good together team wins them all and the 3 I've mentioned ain't any great shakes 

But if you beat before you put on the shirt mentality then do not put the shirt on do us a favour rip up your contracts and go <ovf censored> yourselves off .

We will see who want plays for Vale because Moore if he is as good as a manager as I think he is he will be seething at that sat .

We will see if has anything about him tomorrow with who he selects .

There's a fair few tittering on the verge of having there football careers completely ruined after all who wants serial losers who play like they are .

Team can be so much more progressive but if 4or 5 don't want play then fuvk them off I'd rather they play the women was the comment I've just heard on Vale and Ale podcast .

Love there marks there spot on I wouldn't mind joining that programme .

UTV 

21 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

I understand how you must be feeling but, for myself, all I can do as a supporter is buy my season ticket and turn up to every game and make a bit of noise for the team. Feels like a duty in a way but that is a personal matter...so I'll be there tomorrow even though I have to get up at 4 am next morning for work. Don't blame others for feeling differently though.

Great post 👏👏👍👍VTID 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

You're right mate but I can't castigate anyone for not going. I was giving it a miss as it's actually affecting my moods ( dramatic I know ). Spent from 15.01 on Saturday until i went to bed mulling over the horrendous goings on I keep putting myself through. 

I am actually going because my son in law would be sat on his own so I caved in to him moaning at me.

I don't actually want to go but I'll be shouting like a loon as normal .

Is it 2 years since won a home league game on a Tuesday? I won't criticise a single person who can't be bothered tomorrow. 

No I won't be saying you're not a proper fan or any of that kind of nonsense because it's up everyone to decide how they spend their own money. We've all wasted it this season, fans and owners. 

I'd describe watching us as a war of attrition, thats what the players have done to us this season but if you love the club, you have the time and money to go Tuesday this is the time to show it. Its not the Wembley game, its not the playoff semi finals, its not Man City away, its not Middlesboro in the cup, its not Sheff Wed away, its not Derby away,  its tomorrow at Vale Park.

The future funding of the club for the next 3 years depends on tomorrow.

As Rob Page used to preach.... one more round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob1983 said:

I respect everyone that goes tomorrow emoji119.png emoji122.png I just can't sit through anymore of that. It bloody hurts too much.

I won't lie mate, if we don't win tomorrow I probably won't have a dry eye.

End of the road.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, MBE said:

No I won't be saying you're not a proper fan or any of that kind of nonsense because it's up everyone to decide how they spend their own money. We've all wasted it this season, fans and owners. 

I'd describe watching us as a war of attrition, thats what the players have done to us this season but if you love the club, you have the time and money to go Tuesday this is the time to show it. Its not the Wembley game, its not the playoff semi finals, its not Man City away, its not Middlesboro in the cup, its not Sheff Wed away, its not Derby away,  its tomorrow at Vale Park.

The future funding of the club for the next 3 years depends on tomorrow.

As Rob Page used to preach.... one more round.

For me it’s the biggest game of the season by a country mile & most important since Wembley! I’ll be there with an oatcake or two 💪🏻 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

For me it’s the biggest game of the season by a country mile & most important since Wembley! I’ll be there with an oatcake or two 💪🏻 

Make sure your bacon's cooked😂

• Haha 1

Pointless saying its must win as we say that most weeks but dont win here and its certainly all over. Could likely be 6 adrift + GD heading to Derby.

Got low quality draw written all over it which will pretty much ensure this is a repeat fixture next season at a lower level.