onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Change of ownership

Emile

Do you want Carol & Kevin to sell up?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Carol & Kevin to sell up?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Does it though? 

I can't begin to speak for that community. But does having a rainbow ball send out any real message?

If anything it's almost patronising. 

Ryan Atkin, England’s first openly gay professional official, added: “The Rainbow Ball is a powerful emblem of diversity, pride, hope and activism. It demonstrates that football recognises its status and impact on society and that it acts on all forms of discrimination, ensuring everyone can be part of the beautiful game.

“I feel very proud that my colleagues and I will be the first people to handle the ball, as we bring it across the white line ready for kick off.”

Think you may be a little bemused over this being patronising, Darren? Maybe, if you don't belong to a particular community you ought to get their thoughts first?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Advert

9 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Ryan Atkin, England’s first openly gay professional official, added: “The Rainbow Ball is a powerful emblem of diversity, pride, hope and activism. It demonstrates that football recognises its status and impact on society and that it acts on all forms of discrimination, ensuring everyone can be part of the beautiful game.

“I feel very proud that my colleagues and I will be the first people to handle the ball, as we bring it across the white line ready for kick off.”

Think you may be a little bemused over this being patronising, Darren? Maybe, if you don't belong to a particular community you ought to get their thoughts first?

Don't worry, Melbourne valiant is from one of the most racist, least inclusive countries on the planet and he is just trying to fit in. 

• Haha 2

At present, no. But, she needs to admit that she was wrong and that she/her board/DF have made mistakes. That open letter was patronising to the very life blood of the club who more often than not come from generations of die hard Vale fans. 

The current situation is embarrassing. We’ve turned into an absolute circus. We will not stay up and will lose money being relegated. We are also looking likely to miss out on a proper Potteries derby, something a lot of the younger generation of Vale fans have never seen. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WV said:

Don't worry, Melbourne valiant is from one of the most racist, least inclusive countries on the planet and he is just trying to fit in. 

You are blinded by your own stupidity. Are you suggesting that I am racist here. 

I was merely saying that the club is going down the pan while we piss about with the most unimportant of things.

If people are still against gays then what frickin century are they living in.

But you wouldn't understand my angle as you are pretty brain dead. You come across as "I know this, I know that, I know footballers, I have sources" you know three fifths of fcku all. You can't even read plain English and understand it.

Australia least inclusive? Again you so are clueless it is laughable. We are so multicultural it is unbelievable. It is an amazing way if life here. Better than backwards Britain.

Carol out.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Anyone still defending Carol? Mistake after mistake. 

She has to go now! 

If she stays and when we are relegated I dread to see the gates next season. If she wants to stay she better get rid of Flitcroft and SPEND SOME MONEY to sort out the mess SHE CREATED! 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Black N White said:

She has to go now! 

If she stays and when we are relegated I dread to see the gates next season. If she wants to stay she better get rid of Flitcroft and SPEND SOME MONEY to sort out the mess SHE CREATED! 

Only possible way to get fans back on board is to get him gone.

I actually have no knowledge of any gripes but I've seen two high profile fans in Dicko and Mark Porter mentioned. If they are disconnected with the club ( if true ) then it shows how deep the issues are.

He's got to go . I've accepted relegation. 

You need to accept it's gone wrong and get rid Carol. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Black N White said:

She has to go now! 

What if she (right now) doesnt have the money.  Who's going to provide the cash you want to spend and how much ...??

Carol dropped a massive clod with her letter. She’s now placed herself in a no win situation. She can’t sack DF now without looking daft .

What she needed was some sage advice from say Colin Garlick. Who’d have probably told her to release a vote of confidence statement if she was going to back DF. 

But sacking Garlick  was as daft as her letter. 

The new CEO is just a glorified Facilities Manager and strikes me as a yes man.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

Carol dropped a massive clod with her letter. She’s now placed herself in a no win situation. She can’t sack DF now without looking daft .

She looked daft by releasing the letter. She has to do what's best for the club and not worry about personal pride 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

What she needed was some sage advice from say Colin Garlick. Who’d have probably told her to release a vote of confidence statement if she was going to back DF. 

But sacking Garlick  was as daft as her letter. 

The new CEO is just a glorified Facilities Manager and strikes me as a yes man.

I'm currently one of the club's biggest critics and I held the same view of Matt Hancock when he was appointed.  I've had some robust conversations with Matt and levelled a few criticisms directly at him.  However, I have met with him now a couple of times and had some really frank discussions and he's gained my trust and respect (tentativley but not wholly until I see results).  I think he is genuinely trying.  I didn't believe he was at first genuine - I had him pegged as all the rest; paying lip service as the club knew best and the fans knew nothing.  But I'll give him his due, he's listened to me and others going off our heads at times with anger over what is currently going on, and he has been calm, patient, honest and pro-active.  

There's is very little right now to be positive about, but I believe Matt is trying, within the remit that he has, to help get the message through and repair relations with the fanbase.  That said, he has a brick wall of arrogance behind him.  I don't expect him to be able to crack that.  The problems are higher than Matt Hancock.

• Like 6