onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Change of ownership

Emile

Do you want Carol & Kevin to sell up?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Carol & Kevin to sell up?

• Yes
    • No

Playing devils advocate here. Didn’t flitcroft say they did the same thing with Darren Moore. He was the only man we wanted and the only one we spoke to? 
Mark Kennedy was in the door before Moore showed interest. I doubt he was the only person we looked at.

I wouldn't beleive a word that comes out of the flicks mouth, he's still looking for that free agent striker apparently.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Advert

Carol doesn't need to sell up, she just needs to open here eyes to the absolute clusterfck that's unfolding infront of her and do something about. I doubt it will happen reading her open letter, which is why we are in the state we are in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Don’t want Carol and Kevin to go. Would gladly see the back of the DOF. 

Unless he left of his own accord, l can understand Carol not wanting the hassle (for want of a better word) of dismissing David Flitcroft. In the two months until the end of the season there's a limit to what any new DF can do and she's probably right to avoid any more upheaval between now and the end of April.

All and every ounce of effort has to go into making sure we stay up. It's the only thing that matters at PVFC now.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

What this shows so far is that on here only a wum wants her to sell up now

That’s the key point.

A lot of folk get all upset at the idea that people are turning on Carol and want her gone.

They aren’t. They’ve correctly pointed out that, through blind loyalty to her DoF, endangered our hard-won League 1 status.

Despite this, 95% of Valiants are grateful for what she’s done and would prefer her to stay at the helm. I doubt there’s many more popular owners in the country.

She just needs to listen to the fanbase, and not dismiss them outright. 

• Like 9

This is not a criticism of Auntie Carol in the slightest, however, when we are throwing mud at David Flitcroft and his lack of signings, when all said and done, we dont actually know what, if any budget he had available.

There is the scenario in an alternate universe where that DF is actually the non-fall guy for Carol, taking the majority of the flak when equally he has his own hands tied with a lack of funds.

Who knows, but out of all the scenarios put out there, I dont think this is that far fetched.

All I know is that if words were to come out of the club saying that we are skint, fans would be far more forgiving and a lot of those now not attending would probs come back into the fold

Edited by Hoppers
  • Like 3

I'm just hoping that Flitcroft can't do any more damage to our Club/team in the remaining 2 months, because Carol obviously isn't going to get rid of him, regardless of the fans feelings. Hopefully, Carol's DoF will use the rest of the season to look around for another club desperate enough to take him on....if there is one. Perhaps walking away voluntarily at the end of the season will look better on his CV than being sacked  - providing we don't get relegated (fingers crossed.) 

1 hour ago, Dr Delgado said:

If there’s one thing I’ve learned in life it is that denial is a really powerful emotion. I really believe that this is where Carol is at in relation to our Director of Flufball. 
To sack him now would turn Carol’s Vale world upside down, as I see it, the situation way have to get a lot worse for anything to change. 
I can’t imagine how Carol would manage without Flitcroft, she would really want to ask him who she should replace him with, there’s no other football business brain in the club.

I would only want her to sell the club if I felt we were heading out of the football league. 

In the meantime I think I’ll have to calm myself down as I watch Carol & David set sail to the magical Isle of Denial, 

I think we have enough nous to get by should DF go. A Mr J Rudge is at hand along with DM and the learnings to date that carol surely has.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

What’s hard to see?  It’s a money pit.  Most sensible people with a wad of cash have enough sense to steer clear of football club ownership.  Beyond that there’s a few spivs, some ego trippers and a few mega rich with money to burn.  Speak to fans of a top tier club like Man U and see what they say about owners.

Well that’s a side issue. I think Man U fans are entitled whingers, a bit like those Reading fans. 

The Glazers are total geniuses in my view. Managed to get Ratcliffe to buy a minority stake for a billion thinking he is king but ultimately they are still in majority control and have a built in patsy if it all goes bad on the high profile playing front as that’s the area Ratcliffe is taking responsibility for. 

"All I know is that if words were to come out of the club saying that we are skint, fans would be far more forgiving and a lot of those now not attending would probs come back into the fold"  (Hoppers)

....if we are in fact skint, why the F are we employing a DoF on a fat salary? Perhaps, if that is the situation, we need to cut our cloth accordingly... and get rid of the DoF.

18 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

"All I know is that if words were to come out of the club saying that we are skint, fans would be far more forgiving and a lot of those now not attending would probs come back into the fold"  (Hoppers)

....if we are in fact skint, why the F are we employing a DoF on a fat salary? Perhaps, if that is the situation, we need to cut our cloth accordingly... and get rid of the DoF.

Thanks Seamus - quite like seeing my name in parenthesis, feel like it brings a certain gravitas to my posts - actually, it reminds me of when I was doing my masters  (and its not often I think about that load of cr@p 🙈🙈🙈 - they had to create a whole new level of fail bracket for me 🤣🤣🤣 a 4 wasnt anywhere near enough, ended up with a 72.7🫡🫡🫡🫡  ) 

Anyway, re your statement mucka, If it is the case, I totally agree 👍👍

perhaps DF is giving the other 3 days for free to make up for the cuck ops he makes in the other 2  😍😍😍

Edited by Hoppers
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

This is not a criticism of Auntie Carol in the slightest, however, when we are throwing mud at David Flitcroft and his lack of signings, when all said and done, we dont actually know what, if any budget he had available.

There is the scenario in an alternate universe where that DF is actually the non-fall guy for Carol, taking the majority of the flak when equally he has his own hands tied with a lack of funds.

Who knows, but out of all the scenarios put out there, I dont think this is that far fetched.

All I know is that if words were to come out of the club saying that we are skint, fans would be far more forgiving and a lot of those now not attending would probs come back into the fold

This is the crux of it but Vale fans don't need facts to choose their annual scapegoat. 3 ex players I speak to from different generations (60s, 80s and 2010s) have all said that they never recieved abuse of their own fans anywhere else but the Vale. One player who used to play for Stoke said he got booed when he scored! We are a different breed. 

Edited by WV
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

I don't think we're "skint" unless Darren Moore and crew came for £50.00 and a cup of tea. 

But DF was appointed in different times and arguably assisted us out of the abyss aka Division 4. I'm not for a moment defending him as l don't know so much about him and his failings, but I think Lopata and Mighten have been crucial additions in January that might yet make the difference.

Anyway for the time being it's all froth. Today v Lincoln is all that matters!

• Like 4