onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Change of ownership

Emile

Do you want Carol & Kevin to sell up?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Carol & Kevin to sell up?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

To be clear - I am 100% against Carol and Kevin selling the club unless they want to get out / can find someone willing to pump in a load of money into the club.

Although bad decisions have been made, I don't want to lose the best owners we have had in my lifetime

• Like 1

No to selling up for me, unless it made complete sense for the club to do so. IE. Greater investment. 

What's needed is to bolster the backroom. Either move DF over to the things she said he is good at (which, the transfer activity wasn't really mentioned), and look to bring in somebody else to handle the recruitment side of things. 

I do also think it would be better to lower the profile of the owners by having people employed in positions to do those front facing jobs instead. Stay in the background. Owners being too front and centre and being hands on isn't great when things are not going well. 

Basically what Spunky said. 

• Like 1

Selling up always depends who to. I mean if a bunch of oil rich barons want to take us to the Premier League, sign me up. If it is another fat old radiator engineer who verbally abuses fans and threatens to wind the club up half a decade down the line, then no thanks.

As a club it is quite well run, my only disappointment isn’t actually Carol or Kevin, it’s the lack of local businesses and others such as Robbie Williams, who have the cash, but won’t back the club with their money. I could understand with previous dodgy owners, but this time, there could be a push for something great if they were backed. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TJHValiant said:

Selling up always depends who to. I mean if a bunch of oil rich barons want to take us to the Premier League, sign me up. If it is another fat old radiator engineer who verbally abuses fans and threatens to wind the club up half a decade down the line, then no thanks.

As a club it is quite well run, my only disappointment isn’t actually Carol or Kevin, it’s the lack of local businesses and others such as Robbie Williams, who have the cash, but won’t back the club with their money. I could understand with previous dodgy owners, but this time, there could be a push for something great if they were backed. 

What’s hard to see?  It’s a money pit.  Most sensible people with a wad of cash have enough sense to steer clear of football club ownership.  Beyond that there’s a few spivs, some ego trippers and a few mega rich with money to burn.  Speak to fans of a top tier club like Man U and see what they say about owners.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

All she needs to do, whether we stay up or not, is to sack Flitcroft or at the very least, take him away from everything football. The fans don’t want her to sell. They just don’t want another atrocious transfer window.

Its pretty much that in a nutshell. 

Won’t happen. In fact I’d put a greater likelihood on Carol giving a green light to a club name change to something like AFC Flitcroft Vale and the Rudge statue being decommissioned for one of Flitcroft looking through a pair of binoculars scouting for Loft. 

The fans certainly don’t want another atrocious transfer window, but then when was the last good one? I’ve forgotten! 

40 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Obviously you’re either seriously thick or just a 💩 stirring troll.  Which is it?

Would not call anyone thick on here for wanting a change, I hope she has learnt from some of the mistakes she has made and things get better.  I would vote no for change but if we are relegated which I think will happen and were struggling in league 2 with Flitcroft still overseeing things, I would be worried how supporters will feel towards her.

I want Carol to wake up and smell the coffee. Any manager who identified the players that we have and strategised the way we have played should have been sacked a long time ago. 

If Flickers can creat a great environment for players then brill, but he should be nowhere near the first team. Only Darren Moore and his back room staff should should be recruiting players and be responsible for formations and tactics on the pitch.

If it doesn't change, then I would say thank you Carol, but we need somebody to take us forward.

• Like 1

Just now, MelbourneValiant said:

If Flickers can creat a great environment for players then brill, but he should be nowhere near the first team. Only Darren Moore and his back room staff should should be recruiting players and be responsible for formations and tactics on the pitch.

Seems to be getting a bit old school, the idea that there is a manager responsible for buying and selling players in this day and age. 

Agreed Moore should be focused on formations and tactics, player man management and working with a recruitment department with a DoF to identify and bring in players. 

It hasn't really been clear if the manager (Crosby) had much say at all, Clarke seemed to be involved when he was around though. 

3 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Any manager who identified the players that we have and strategised the way we have played should have been sacked a long time ago. 

I think we can take a leaf out of our neighbour's book here, and do what they have done with removing Ricky Martin. It might be that DF still has something to offer in other areas but I think we've seen enough to say that his transfer and recruitment involvement has been a failure. Get somebody else in - if that's what DM wants and it's somebody DM can work with.

Ultimately though it's Carol's investment and I think the naivety of the decisions made will fail to see us go much further (indeed we are going backwards and in a worse position on the pitch than when we started). Hope I'm wrong, mind - but that's just how I feel right now.  

• Like 2

Maybe old school but I think that system worked better. Managers lasted longer and football was an entertaining business. 

Just look at the modern day guffball throughout each division these days. 

Just my opinion, Yeah, I am old school in many ways. Bring back terracing, ditch goal music......not that we would notice. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A football club is always on sale if the right offer comes in. If, for example, Robbie wanted to invest millions, then it would be stupid to not consider it. However, if the question is asking if i want carol out of our club in the same way i wanted Smurf and V2001 out, then the answer is obviously no. We have good owners compared to 95% of football clubs. 

• Like 1

The fans saw these issues coming - I can't understand why Carol can't too.

• Terrible last 3 transfer windows
  • Imbalanced squad
  • Crosby appointed without other interviews
  • Crosby not sacked earlier

A DOF won't get every decision correct, but these mistakes were all completely avoidable and have resulted in us heading for League Two again.

I love Carol for saving us from Smurthwaite, but surely if she looked objectively at our situation she would agree with the above?

• Like 6