onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Splitting the ground and the club

George

Advert

I know i'm speaking with my heart rather than my head, KR will make more money from the club if he makes us a success (upper championship possibly, certinaly premiership) than he ever would from selling land around vale park.
I will be very glad if we make the Championship, staying there would be much harder than before, playing against teams with parachute money. But as you say, better to dream than stay as little Port Vale.

Im hearing rumours that one of Ryders plans is to form a holding company, which owns the ground, and the football club would rent it back. If any devopment is done behind the paddock then this would also be owned by the holding company.

Didn't V2001 wish to do the same thing?

I've no idea if this is a good thing or not. What are the thoughts of people far more clued up than me? Pros and cons?

Hi George,

Whether such rumours are true or false Port Vale is now owned by KR and the council have nodded cotinued football at Vale Park.

As I often say 'Today is a new day with a new beginning and new hoirizons'.

Vive La 'Vale :yes:

Getting to the Premiership is just a pipe dream these days. If he could get us to the Championship that would be fantastic. I was looking at the teams In the Championship teams the other day and there is now 19 teams who have played in the top flight in the last 15-20 years. It is the most competitive league anywhere now.

I'd be delighted if he can get us out of this poxy league and establish us in league 1 for a start.

Let's not try to run before we can walk!

Up the Vale

I'm excited at what this week may bring

After what has gone on during the last few years we all must be optimistic for a new dawn. Give KR a chance, yes he is a business man, a successful one at that by all accounts, therefore why would he not wish to make his latest business venture a success too.

If that is the case IMO it would be unlikely that Vale don't benefit and prosper also.

Hi George,

Whether such rumours are true or false Port Vale is now owned by KR and the council have nodded cotinued football at Vale Park.

As I often say 'Today is a new day with a new beginning and new hoirizons'.

Vive La 'Vale :yes:

Fully appreciate that. I for one cannot wait for Keith to take control off the club and start to put his ideas in place.

However, just because he would own it lock stock and barrel doesn't mean we can't discuss the pros as cons of what he does, does it??

If he trippled the playing budget we'd discus it. Similarly if he asset stripped we'd do the same.

I've heard the rumour from two people. One with connections to te club and one with connections to the council. However I must stress I've not his this direct. Friend of a friend etc. there may be a perfectly sound business reason for doing this, which could also benefit th football team, hence me asking the question.

Fully appreciate that. I for one cannot wait for Keith to take control off the club and start to put his ideas in place.

However, just because he would own it lock stock and barrel doesn't mean we can't discuss the pros as cons of what he does, does it??

If he trippled the playing budget we'd discus it. Similarly if he asset stripped we'd do the same.

I've heard the rumour from two people. One with connections to te club and one with connections to the council. However I must stress I've not his this direct. Friend of a friend etc. there may be a perfectly sound business reason for doing this, which could also benefit th football team, hence me asking the question.

Sorry George, wasn't meant as a dig at you or anyone else. Perhaps my reply was a little too bland. I'm always up for a decent debate re all things Port Vale :)

Archived